Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 35 Cabell Midland 21
Final.
Congrats to Pirates
Game really wasn't that close, Midland scores one late against JV. Belfry needs to clean up offensive mistakes. Shot themselves in the foot on several drives with procedure penalty's and a fumble on the one yard line. Game should have been a running clock if not for lack of focus on Belfry's part. Missed six tackles on Midlands second score. The Vaughn kid from Midland is going to be a great one. (Only a soph). Still don't see anyone in 3A beating this Belfry team, at this point Belfry's biggest enemy is Belfry.
Belfry very big and strong team. Worst officiated game I've ever seen must've been rookie refs
Midland fan Wrote:Belfry very big and strong team. Worst officiated game I've ever seen must've been rookie refs

That fumble call at the 1 was one of the most blatant bad calls you will ever find at the HS level
Officiating has really been bad in this state for a few years now.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Game really wasn't that close, Midland scores one late against JV. Belfry needs to clean up offensive mistakes. Shot themselves in the foot on several drives with procedure penalty's and a fumble on the one yard line. Game should have been a running clock if not for lack of focus on Belfry's part. Missed six tackles on Midlands second score. The Vaughn kid from Midland is going to be a great one. (Only a soph). Still don't see anyone in 3A beating this Belfry team, at this point Belfry's biggest enemy is Belfry.

The fumble on the one was BS I was straight across from it he was down you can't clean that up the six missed tackles the d-line was the 2nd string and
The d-end he had to many out at one time
killbilly usmc Wrote:Officiating has really been bad in this state for a few years now.

In my opinion, the officiating across the state is a direct reflection of the thanklessness associated with the job. It probably ranks only behind being a police officer and teacher in the aforementioned realm.

But yes, it does leave much to be desired.
Midland fan Wrote:Belfry very big and strong team. Worst officiated game I've ever seen must've been rookie refs

Examples of bad calls? There were very few flags in the game. Biggest miss was the Belfry fumble which was caused by the ground. Otherwise a hard fought game. Midland was solid they just didn't have the horses they did last year.
6 block in the back missed calls, hits way after the whistle and hits out of bounds. Right in front of refs. Not making any excuses Belfry played good but the officials are an important part of the game and they weren't up to par this game for either team.
Oh my!!! Didn't know they didn't allow playing till the whistle in good ole by God! Don't ruin a hard fought game with pettiness.
Good program Midland. Hope to see you again someday.
Midland going to renew the contract with Belfry?

I hope so. Good challenge and one of them few teams that can show Belfry some size like they aren't used to seeing in EKY
killbilly usmc Wrote:Officiating has really been bad in this state for a few years now.

1. Because theyre never held accountable.

2. It doesn't pay enough to make it attractive enough to replace bad ones with fresh faces if needed.
I have not heard for certain, but I heard both sides are interested in continuing it.
Congrats Pirates!
Always a good thing to get a bounce back win against a tough team. Congrats belfry!
Disappointing game for Belfry in my opinion. Had the chance to put Midland away and didn't. Kind of seemed like they just went through the motion tonight.
bucslover68 Wrote:Examples of bad calls? There were very few flags in the game. Biggest miss was the Belfry fumble which was caused by the ground. Otherwise a hard fought game. Midland was solid they just didn't have the horses they did last year.
The Cabell runner was down on their first TD also, but the refs let him get up and waltz into the end zone.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:The Cabell runner was down on their first TD also, but the refs let him get up and waltz into the end zone.

Yep the WYMT replay shows he was clearly down

Not sure if Belfry stops them that drive anyway but that's two "bad calls" that went extremely favorable the way of CM that changed the scoreboard by 14 points
Good win over a good team. It is October. About to get serious.
Good Win for Belfry. Glad they had another good game after the KC game. Pirates will now have some chances to clean up some stuff as the schedule for the next 3 weeks will be advantage Belfry, no disrespect intended.

Hard to believe, only 4 weeks until the playoffs!....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just don't see any body keeping Belfry and Corbin meeting each other Thanksgiving weekend

WV High School football flat out sucks. Until the SSAC and the state school board gets their heads out of their butts, it will continue to go down hill. CM is the second largest HS in WV and cannot even hold their own against a far smaller Kentucky school. That's embarrassing.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:WV High School football flat out sucks. Until the SSAC and the state school board gets their heads out of their butts, it will continue to go down hill. CM is the second largest HS in WV and cannot even hold their own against a far smaller Kentucky school. That's embarrassing.
You are forgetting. That far smaller KY school is a team full of WV allstars... That is a true statement, Belfry homers can't deny it either.
bcpc Wrote:You are forgetting. That far smaller KY school is a team full of WV allstars... That is a true statement, Belfry homers can't deny it either.

You people get on here with the same crap but we don't care as long as your talking we winning and that's a true statement :kneel:
^ told ya. They can't deny it.....
bcpc Wrote:^ told ya. They can't deny it.....

Listen Stupid we got two kids that start that are from WV and they been over way before high school and there parents pay for them to go to school over here so quit your crying now which school are you from
Stupid? Lol! They play with West Virgina kids is all I'm saying. Thank goodness y'all have turf now too. Don't do any good to water it down.
Facts hurtin ya 99....... not me.