Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Shelby Valley 54 Johnson Central 48
Game was tied 43 a piece going in OT. Both teams had alot of fouls
Congrats Valley.
I can honestly say that these were the worst officiated game I have seen in three to four years. Its not that they cheated so much, but they were just flat out bad...
Congratulations to Shelby Valley on the win. Bounce back JC from this loss and get ready to finish up your district schedule strong.
I agree LL but they was bad both ways!
Anymore the officiating is something you just have to overlook, they make bad calls both ways in almost every game now.
The worst officiating ever. The off. foul at the end of regulation was terrible. JC played some good defense though, Valley missed way to many easy shots in the paint, Mini K great clutch shooting. Sally and Esther both tough defensive efforts.
Congrats Valley
Congrats Valley

The officiating was horrible, but it went both ways, and the number of fouls showed it.
Congrats to Valley on a job well done.
Great game to watch, but how many more layups and free throws could JC have missed. If they had made half of their layups they would have won! JC's defense was outstanding tonight but SV's was too. This was two of the best teams in the Region no doubt! The both have great coaching staffs, great players and I look for a possible rematch in the Regional tournament. On a diff. note the refs were HORRIBLE both ways, they would call nothing one trip down and then call a hand check the next, neither team knew what to expect. Congrats Valley but the 15th had better watch out for JC because they are on a mission!
Just imo, if we do not gain control of the physicallity of girls b-ball the sport is goin' to continue to go down in numbers...

The officiating throughout the area has to start cracking down....People do not pay $$ to watch a "slugfest" among high school girls...if that's the case, we can stay home and watch Spike t.v.

Officials step up to the plate, even though if you blow that whistle it takes a little longer to play the game for everyone's sake..take control
BondJamesBond Wrote:Just imo, if we do not gain control of the physicallity of girls b-ball the sport is goin' to continue to go down in numbers...

The officiating throughout the area has to start cracking down....People do not pay $$ to watch a "slugfest" among high school girls...if that's the case, we can stay home and watch Spike t.v.

Officials step up to the plate, even though if you blow that whistle it takes a little longer to play the game for everyone's sake..take control

Great post, I totally agree! This game tonight was like watching a football game.
mcfan1 Wrote:Anymore the officiating is something you just have to overlook, they make bad calls both ways in almost every game now.

Yeah really... and I hate to down this region but down state you get to play alot more and the refs usually make better calls.
Not to berate the officiating in no way shape or form. I totally agree that ref's just like teams and coaches had "bad nights" in making calls.

there is a difference in making questionable calls and not blowing the whistle at all....Just my imo after years of watchin' the 14th,15th, and 16th teams...
Congrats Valley!!
Way to go Lady Cats
Congrats SV
I agree with the whole refs things! they are maybe two if that many refs that are the best in the region and they are horible so yeah! but congrats with the win i wish i could have been there! but i'm sure it was a good game!
I have to say out of all the games so far the best refs were at sheldon clark when sv played rose hill. They weren't great but they were better then what i have seen around home.

Great Job Ladies on your win against JC. :Thumbs:
SVLadiesFan Wrote:I have to say out of all the games so far the best refs were at sheldon clark when sv played rose hill. They weren't great but they were better then what i have seen around home.

Great Job Ladies on your win against JC. :Thumbs:
\

Yea I agree with you
the girls didnt play well but the foul at the end was horrible they called on Fleming...the whole team really played good defense and in overtime the ladycats really wanted it more and found a way to win
did wireman cry like a big baby? i bet he did
Was that really necessary? Do you even know Wireman at all? My guess is you don't. Stick to talk about the game, and don't get personal.
Conrats to SV on the win!
SV beat JC that means since JC is in the same district as Magoffin than SV is the number 1 team in the region.
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:did wireman cry like a big baby? i bet he did

Wow. Someone is immature.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:SV beat JC that means since JC is in the same district as Magoffin than SV is the number 1 team in the region.
it is hard up what makes less sense the new tax laws or that statement
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:SV beat JC that means since JC is in the same district as Magoffin than SV is the number 1 team in the region.
:thatsfunn

What...your confusion