Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 40 Mississippi State 38
Final from Commonwealth Stadium!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
McGinnis with a 51 yard field goal to win it as time expires. Pretty exciting game.

UK's first win against Dan Mullen
Like I said in the prediction thread, Kentucky made this a lot harder on themselves than it should have been. I had to cover my eyes while McGinnis was kicking the ball. So happy they won! TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't blink! Kentucky currently has sole possession of 2nd place in the East! So......what I'm saying is.....they still have a shot to win the East! :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Consider this: Stephen Johnson is 4-1 as a starter. His only loss? In Tuscaloosa against Alabama. That record includes being 3-1 in the SEC.
I think we had lost 7 straight against Miss St, big win for the Cats and their bowl hopes...The Missouri game is another winnable game and after the Southern Miss loss to start the season who would have thought it...GBB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just saying; Middle Tennessee beat Missouri in Columbia yesterday 51-45
UK IS IN SOLE POSSESSION OF 2nd PLACE IN THE SEC EAST!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't pretty. As a matter of fact, it was UGLY!!!!!! But a Win is a Win. Our CATS clawed and fought but never quit. If it could go wrong, it did go wrong for UK.

But as time expired and the kick was in the air... I was thinking "this has to be the most UK Football game of all time". But when the referee's signaled it was Good.... I ran around my house for about 5 minutes cause I couldn't believe it. From being up 10, then being down by 1, to winning by 2.... a Win is a Win.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Upgraded Stadium.
Brand new practice facility.
Better recruits/players.

Coaching is better that what we've had, but it could be better. But I don't think we will ever have a coaching staff on the level Saban or Meyer.

People can say what they want, the UK athletic department and boosters have invested in our football program. We will never be Alabama, LSU or Florida. So give me a 6-6, 7-5 season. Give me bowl games. Give me a shot at 8 or 9 win season and UK football will be the talk of the Commonwealth. Most reasonable fans realize that we will never be a national powerhouse team, but we can have 6-6, 7-5 and some 8 and 9 wins seasons from time to time.

Who cares what bowl it is.... The Banjo Bowl, The Harry's Razors Bowl, The Vista Print Bowl. A BOWL GAME IS A BOWL GAME!!!!! Let's go to some bowl games before we start complaining about not playing in the Cotton, Rose, Orange, Sugar or Peach Bowl.
Things have gone from looking disastrous after the loss to Southern Miss to looking like one of the best seasons we have had since Rich Brooks. We currently stand at 3-2 in the SEC and although it would take a miracle, we have a shot at the title.

We play at Missouri, who just got beat at home by Middle Tennessee State. Then we have a home game against Georgia, who just got beat at home by Vanderbilt. So we could very well be 5-2 in the SEC going into the Tennessee game.

With that said, Florida has to play at Arkansas on 11/5, which will be extremely tough for them to come out of their with a win and then they have to play their make up game against LSU. There's a very good chance that the UK vs Tennessee game could basically be the SEC East Championship game.

I know I am looking way ahead, but I personally find it cool that we're in this position this far into the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Electric at Commonwealth when the kick went through
UK has only had two winning records in the SEC in the past 40 seasons.
We've finished .500 in the SEC six times in the past 40 seasons.

1976: 4-2
1977: 6-0
1979: 3-3
1984: 3-3
1993: 4-4
1998: 4-4
1999: 4-4
2006: 4-4

With three SEC games left this season........
One SEC win gets us to 4-2 in the SEC and at least a .500 record.
Two SEC wins would give UK their first winning SEC record in MY LIFETIME.

If UK goes to the SEC championship game in football, I will be there!!!!!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Things have gone from looking disastrous after the loss to Southern Miss to looking like one of the best seasons we have had since Rich Brooks. We currently stand at 3-2 in the SEC and although it would take a miracle, we have a shot at the title.

We play at Missouri, who just got beat at home by Middle Tennessee State. Then we have a home game against Georgia, who just got beat at home by Vanderbilt. So we could very well be 5-2 in the SEC going into the Tennessee game.

With that said, Florida has to play at Arkansas on 11/5, which will be extremely tough for them to come out of their with a win and then they have to play their make up game against LSU. There's a very good chance that the UK vs Tennessee game could basically be the SEC East Championship game.

I know I am looking way ahead, but I personally find it cool that we're in this position this far into the season.
I can't get too excited about that, because we were in the same spot if not better last year, when we started off 5-1, and the wheels fell off.
I'm cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see another 5-7 finish.
I've learned not too get excited about UK football. Too many letdowns. In saying that, we know UK will beat Austin P, the only other question remains where will they get that other win that they need? I honestly think they can beat Missouri but we've seen this before where they just have a meltdown in the Stoops era. Hoping but not getting excited just yet.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:UK has only had two winning records in the SEC in the past 40 seasons.
We've finished .500 in the SEC six times in the past 40 seasons.

1976: 4-2
1977: 6-0
1979: 3-3
1984: 3-3
1993: 4-4
1998: 4-4
1999: 4-4
2006: 4-4

With three SEC games left this season........
One SEC win gets us to 4-2 in the SEC and at least a .500 record.
Two SEC wins would give UK their first winning SEC record in MY LIFETIME.

If UK goes to the SEC championship game in football, I will be there!!!!!

I'll be right there with ya!! Confusedinglepar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK will not beat Tennessee or Louisville. Therefore, we must win against either Missouri or Georgia for win #6. Once we get 6 wins, I'll get super excited.
LWC Wrote:UK will not beat Tennessee or Louisville. Therefore, we must win against either Missouri or Georgia for win #6. Once we get 6 wins, I'll get super excited.

Not sure why I am so confident in this team, but I believe that we will beat both Missouri and Georgia.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Watched Missouri a couple times this year, including last Saturday, an ugly loss for them. We are better than they are, especially if we continue the thunder and lightning combo of Snell and Boom. Plus they will have a dead crowd with the year they're having, so it sure looks like a winnable game. But we've lost plenty games that looked winnable in the past. Like Demarcus says, I want to believe, but I've had my hopes for this program crapped on so many times that I'll just believe it when I see it.
1. Dear lord the SEC sucks this year.
If your name isn't Bama you aren't a good football team.

2. Don't be surprised if uk still goes 5-7

3. This was the worse case scenario. UK is still awful. Stoops will be given the benefit of the doubt after winning some conference games but this is his peak. Nobody can deny that.

4. Barker should never start abother down at QB. He needs to start working out at defensive end or tight end. Johnson is the only way to go.

If uk beats Missouri they are guaranteed a bowl. App state isn't beating uk, at least one wouldnt think so.

Tennessee will still beat uk by a large margin. GA will likely beat up on uk pretty good too.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Dear lord the SEC sucks this year.
If your name isn't Bama you aren't a good football team.

2. Don't be surprised if uk still goes 5-7

3. This was the worse case scenario. UK is still awful. Stoops will be given the benefit of the doubt after winning some conference games but this is his peak. Nobody can deny that.

4. Barker should never start abother down at QB. He needs to start working out at defensive end or tight end. Johnson is the only way to go.

If uk beats Missouri they are guaranteed a bowl. App state isn't beating uk, at least one wouldnt think so.

Tennessee will still beat uk by a large margin. GA will likely beat up on uk pretty good too.

I GUARANTEE App State doesn't lose to UK. (They don't play each other):lame:
I will agree that the SEC does suck this year and this is the exact reason why UK can and will finish 6-6 at worst and has a very good chance to finish 7-5. Laugh all you want, but Tennessee isn't unbeatable either. They've had several close calls this year, against teams they should have blown out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I GUARANTEE App State doesn't lose to UK. (They don't play each other):lame:

Austin Peay same difference. Nobodies are nobodies..
I imagine it's how people think when they say Vanda and kentucky. Confusednicker:
Van Hagar Wrote:Watched Missouri a couple times this year, including last Saturday, an ugly loss for them. We are better than they are, especially if we continue the thunder and lightning combo of Snell and Boom. Plus they will have a dead crowd with the year they're having, so it sure looks like a winnable game. But we've lost plenty games that looked winnable in the past. Like Demarcus says, I want to believe, but I've had my hopes for this program crapped on so many times that I'll just believe it when I see it.
I agree with what you and DeMarcus are saying, Snell and Williams are both legitimate SEC backs and Johnson is playing with guts and is playing fairly well. I just hope that Gran doesn't just put these two backs in the Wildcat and expect that play alone to beat Mizzou on the road or beat Ga at home. If we mix up our play calling wisely and play just fair defense I believe we can get another couple SEC wins possibly! I have been very critical, but I still hope these guys can take advantage of the opportunities ahead of them.