Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid Season NBA MVP???
Is Steve Nash still the front runner for MVP this year or do you all think it is someone else. Personally, i think Steve Nash is having a great year once again however, I believe he has alot more competition this year...So far if i had a chance to vote it would go to Washington Wizards Gilbert Arenas. He is having an amazing year and if it wasn't for him the Wizards wouldnt be close to being a contender in the East.
Gilbert Arenas has it so far IMO.
Arenas by far, hes tearing it up. HIBACHI!
Arenas is putting it all over everyone, he hit another game winner last night.
As much as I hate to say it...simply because I'm not a fan of his at all....I'd have to go with Kobe. His team is a half-game out of 2nd in the very heated Western Conference...not too shabby.
Gilbert Arenas. He is turning out to be the real deal.
I'm glad everyone is agreeing with me that Gilbert Arenas is the man.
I say Steve Nash or Lebron James..
Theres alot of players having a MVP type season. Carmelo Anthony was having an awsome season until the suspension. So far it is close between Kobe, Gilbert Arenas and Steve Nash.
Steve Nash
2006-07 Statistics
PPG 19.4
RPG 3.20
APG 11.5
Team Record: 31-8
Gilbert Arenas
2006-07 Statistics
PPG 29.7
RPG 4.50
APG 6.3
Team Record: 24-16
Dirk Nowitzki
2006-07 Statistics
PPG 25.0
RPG 9.50
APG 3.2
Team Record: 33-8
Kobe Bryant
2006-07 Statistics
PPG 27.9
RPG 5.30
APG 5.6
Team Record: 26-15
Carmelo Anthony
2006-07 Statistics
PPG 31.6
RPG 5.60
APG 4.1
Team Record: 20-17
Lebron James
2006-07 Statistics
PPG 27.1
RPG 6.80
APG 6.1
Team Record: 24-16
SEKYscout Wrote:As much as I hate to say it...simply because I'm not a fan of his at all....I'd have to go with Kobe. His team is a half-game out of 2nd in the very heated Western Conference...not too shabby.

Suns are the #2 seed in the Western Conference right now and have a 6 game lead on the Lakers after tonight's win. The Lakers are 5th in the conference.

I'd rank the candidates as:
1. Nash
2. Arenas
------------
3. Dirk
------------
4. Carmello
5. Boozer
6. Lebron
7. Kobe
------------
8. Wade
9. T-Mac
10. Ben Gordon
Nash is having his best season to date.
Steve nash is the man.White men cant move,,,,bullcrap,,,he smokes everybody.
Gilbert Arenas
I did say Arenas earlier in this thread, but I would also have to say Steve Nash, he is in his own league! IMO
MVP2 Wrote:Gilbert Arenas
Can you honestly say Arenas is having a better season then Nash? Nash is putting up great stats and his team is like unstoppable.
I would have to go with Nash. But I believe last year the award should have went to Kobe!
I cant belive nobody has said DIRK YET! He is also having a great season and his team has the best record in the NBA. Im a big Tmac fan and would love to see him finally get a championship but Dirk might not get the MVP but i do believe he will get the Final MVP!
I like gilbert arenas. i still think carmello has the stats.
t-cat50 Wrote:I like gilbert arenas. i still think carmello has the stats.
Gilbert is the worst MVP canidate. He is a ball hog and takes horrible shots. He is inconsistant.
Mr. Sports Wrote:Gilbert is the worst MVP canidate. He is a ball hog and takes horrible shots. He is inconsistant.

:Thumbs: Dirk gets my vote. He has led the Mavericks to the best record in the West. I think this is the year he gets his ring. Not only his he a scoring threat but he has become much better at getting his teammates involved. Dirk has finally started to take the ball inside rather than always settling for the 3.
Steve Nash!