Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At the Two Minute Warning...
Alright, Hoot and TRT, in that I count you guys as informed observers, I would be interested to hear your assessments of how the Presedential race shapes up at the two minute warning, so to speak...polls tightening, voting started, undecideds beginning to solidify choices.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Alright, Hoot and TRT, in that I count you guys as informed observers, I would be interested to hear your assessments of how the Presedential race shapes up at the two minute warning, so to speak...polls tightening, voting started, undecideds beginning to solidify choices.
I made my predictions several months ago. I expect that Trump will lose by a wide margin and then blame everybody but himself for the loss and I expect his core supporters to follow suit. No matter the outcome, the next president will not be a candidate for Mt. Rushmore.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I made my predictions several months ago. I expect that Trump will lose by a wide margin and then blame everybody but himself for the loss and I expect his core supporters to follow suit. No matter the outcome, the next president will not be a candidate for Mt. Rushmore.

Do you see any path, any way that this might be an anomaly election, where last minute defections and a huge % of undecideds all go one way, and DJT is elected in a shocker?
Hey, also Bob Segar and Granny Bear, what are you guys thinking as it all comes down to the wire?
The trends of even skewed polling clearly shows the race is within the margin of error. But even if the polls were not tight, I just don't see the voter electing Hillary. The avalanche of bad on top of bad revelations revealed by WikiLeaks has been devastating to the Clinton campaign, as charge after charge made by Republicans and thankfully FOX News, has been validated. Just as in the case of the voter whose heads have been reeling with news of scandal after scandal, the Clinton camp can no longer hope to do damage control with regard to the dozens of noteworthy WikiLeak provided emails being released on a daily basis.

At this point it seems beyond absurd to think that Hillary has this one in the bag. This is an anomaly election.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am interested to see the turnout among Sanders supporters relative to the Bush/McConnell/ Rubio wing of the GOP. Do they show up and vote party, show up and defect, or stay home and in what proportions? The "who shows up to vote" is often a ground game and an enthusiasm game. Exit polling in this regard will be fascinating to watch.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Do you see any path, any way that this might be an anomaly election, where last minute defections and a huge % of undecideds all go one way, and DJT is elected in a shocker?
No. Trump needs a miracle to overcome his disastrous campaign and win.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No. Trump needs a miracle to overcome his disastrous campaign and win.

He needed one to overcome the media, he got Julian Assange. Let's be honest enough to admit you want Trump to lose so you can spend the next four years crowing about being right and fulfilling your natural role as BGR's chief cynic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just saw a report this morning from CBS This Morning and GMA, talking about how the polls are tightening. BOTH stations said almost the same thing verbatim......Hillary Clinton is so glad that she had a wide margin in the polls to begin with, as it allowed her some 'wiggle room' as election day approaches.

It still amazes me how this has all come down, and how Hillary has not ever been held accountable for some of horrible things she has done and continues to do.

I am so tired of choosing the lesser of 2 evils in a Presidential election.

I believe the true numbers are too close to call. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I've never put much stock in polling numbers anyway.

My answer isn't as eloquent as others on here, Sombrero but I'm not arguing any point with you. You asked me, and this is what I believe.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Hey, also Bob Segar and Granny Bear, what are you guys thinking as it all comes down to the wire?

Personally, despite all of the long shot, no shot predictions, it's too late statements, I honestly think Trump will pull it out.......This is way different than the McCain and Romney elections due to the massive negativity concerning the Clintons...Despite a lot of the Never Trump activity among some republicans, I really think that when it comes time to pull that lever, that any respectable republican will not be able to pull the Clinton lever, despite what they may tell the pollsters when they get those phone calls.....More and more republican leaders are starting to come back to the fold, i.e. Niki Haley just today...

I don't think that Hillary is going to get the black turnout that Obama had .....I do think that Hillary will get the majority of the black vote of those who do turn out, but you have to get them to the polls first...I just don't see all that much excitement or enthusiasm for her from the black community.....On top of that, I just don't see all that much excitement or enthusiasm from anyone for her, period. That is why you see the massive media bias. They know she is in trouble.

But who knows what either side may come out with 3 or 4 days before the election that the other may not have time enough to spin, refute, or just plain lie about and recover from..

Just my opinion.
TheRealThing Wrote:He needed one to overcome the media, he got Julian Assange. Let's be honest enough to admit you want Trump to lose so you can spend the next four years crowing about being right and fulfilling your natural role as BGR's chief cynic.
Whether you want to be honest is your choice. I have been honest and a Hillary win is nothing to crow about. Every Republican presidential candidate in recent history has faced an adversarial media when they ran against the Democrats' nominee. Trump has not faced any hurdles that other Republicans did not face, except he lacks the qualifications and experience of the Republican nominees who came before him.
Somewhere down in my bones (maybe it's my arthritic knee) I think Bob is on to something: the "Obama Coalition" isn't going to turn out as they did in '08 and '12. I sense undecideds are going DJT's way in a bigger than expected margin. Hoot's thought that HRC is simply the worst Democratic candidate to date may be coming to fruition. I also think some of DJT's "two minute warning" ads have been his most effective to date. I am sensing a barn burner in popular vote, but less certain about electoral college.
Granny Bear Wrote:I just saw a report this morning from CBS This Morning and GMA, talking about how the polls are tightening. BOTH stations said almost the same thing verbatim......Hillary Clinton is so glad that she had a wide margin in the polls to begin with, as it allowed her some 'wiggle room' as election day approaches.

It still amazes me how this has all come down, and how Hillary has not ever been held accountable for some of horrible things she has done and continues to do.

I am so tired of choosing the lesser of 2 evils in a Presidential election.

I believe the true numbers are too close to call. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I've never put much stock in polling numbers anyway.

My answer isn't as eloquent as others on here, Sombrero but I'm not arguing any point with you. You asked me, and this is what I believe.

I think you're right, GB. At least popular vote wise, I agree...down to the wire barn burner. What did Joe Dean used to say to Tom Hammond? "We've got a honey, Tom."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Somewhere down in my bones (maybe it's my arthritic knee) I think Bob is on to something: the "Obama Coalition" isn't going to turn out as they did in '08 and '12. I sense undecideds are going DJT's way in a bigger than expected margin. Hoot's thought that HRC is simply the worst Democratic candidate to date may be coming to fruition. I also think some of DJT's "two minute warning" ads have been his most effective to date. I am sensing a barn burner in popular vote, but less certain about electoral college.
Trump's lack of a strong ground game will hurt him on election day. The Clintons will have a very strong get out the vote effort, especially in the swing states where they have focused their spending. Romney had a strong campaign organization and he still lost to Obama.

If a candidate outperforms their poll numbers on election day, I doubt that it will be Trump.
^^
I disagree. I just don't put a lot of stock in the poll numbers because of the ability to manipulate them. I've never put a lot of faith in them.

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think you're right, GB. At least popular vote wise, I agree...down to the wire barn burner. What did Joe Dean used to say to Tom Hammond? "We've got a honey, Tom."

I remember Joe Dean, Jr. trying to mimic his father, and coming way short of doing it successfully. He simply did not have that voice no matter how hard he tried.
I think the dark horse will be the amount of people won't admit publicly, but when they get behind that curtain pull that lever for Trump if for no other reason then a big F you to the establishment and Hillary represents everything about the establisent that the American people are fed up with. Pay no attention to the polls because a lot out there have a Liberal slant to them. We see this every year from the left and left slanted media, they want everyone to think the Democrat has it in the bag so Republicans will maybe give up. I have seen some of the same polls the left media love to quote show a substantial lead in years that a Republican won lol. I think this thing is very close and the new FBI evidence might be just what Trump needed. If Hilary wins I will bet everything I own it won't be by the spread that some poll's are showing.