Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central 2017
Is the New Coach coming from the Louisville Area!!
Hearing good things about this consolidation
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What may doom this program before it even starts is getting its feeder schools organized and interested in football. I may be wrong, but McDowell, May Valley, and several other schools in the area don't even have football teams. I do know for fact that Allen Elementary started a JR. High team but cancelled their season half way through due to not enough kids left to field a team. Any great High School program starts at the youth level. Until this gets addressed, Floyd Central will not be relevant. No disrespect intended, just telling the truth...

Mc Dowell and Osborne will combine into South Floyd. Mc Dowell and May Valley never had the space for a field. C Team play begins in 3rd grade. SF Middle has always had a good turn out for football. South Floyd has had some flag football teams. I would like to see that return since they no longer need to share the field with the high school.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What may doom this program before it even starts is getting its feeder schools organized and interested in football. I may be wrong, but McDowell, May Valley, and several other schools in the area don't even have football teams. I do know for fact that Allen Elementary started a JR. High team but cancelled their season half way through due to not enough kids left to field a team. Any great High School program starts at the youth level. Until this gets addressed, Floyd Central will not be relevant. No disrespect intended, just telling the truth...

I agree!
Have family in the area. There are several concerns. 1. No coach being named yet. 2. Players will not be ready strength or conditioning wise for the coming season. 3. Will SF athletes travel to this new school to lift and condition properly to compete in this district? SF players aren't known to lift in off season. 4. Who or what people are in loved in selecting the head coach? Parents do not have a clue. Usually some names leak out. Only one name has been mentioned. Of course they have ties with Superintendent. 5. What level of assistant coaches will be hired? How many? History would tell us that the one-two-three coaching staff has not worked at schools in this district to be competitive. 6. Does the administration fully understand the district and the level of competition? 7. When will school be equipped with a weight room to bring these students together to begin conditioning and bonding as a team? If they wait until June.....so sad.
Transparency is important in public schools.
More images.
I heard Shawn Hager was getting the job what has everyone else been hearing
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I heard Shawn Hager was getting the job what has everyone else been hearing

I am hearing the samething. His current situation could be the reason it hasn't been announced yet!
Has a principal been named? You would think the future principal would be part of selection process. Was the committee made up of football minded people? Will the Superintendent be the committee and make the decision? Next year's players will be back in school tomorrow for the spring semester and still no football coach to organize toward spring practice and begin meshing the two teams together. I guess they think all things can be thrown together at the last minute. Trouble is, you have players that love the sport of football that are anxious and in limbo on whom will be coaching. I'm sure they are hearing the same things people in community hear. Can't see this as a positive. What is the situation that would prevent them from naming him? If true that is for sure a negative perception for those involved.
anything on the schedule front?
Just for fun, checked the KHSAA website to see if any of the coaching positions for the new school was posted. Nope. So, evidently there is not going to be much of a search for coaches. No interview process. The perception is they do not want applications, keeping quality people from even thinking about applying.
Thirsty Dog Wrote:Just for fun, checked the KHSAA website to see if any of the coaching positions for the new school was posted. Nope. So, evidently there is not going to be much of a search for coaches. No interview process. The perception is they do not want applications, keeping quality people from even thinking about applying.

Its looked like a closed process the entire way. Dr. Webb will appoint who he wants.
Strikeout King Wrote:anything on the schedule front?

Last I heard was

Belfry
Lawrence Co
Pike Central
Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Betsy Layne
Paintsville
Letcher Central
?
?
What are the dates they're playing.
I think Pburg plays @ Floyd Central
footballfanuk Wrote:Last I heard was

Belfry
Lawrence Co
Pike Central
Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
Betsy Layne
Paintsville
Letcher Central
?
?

I see two wins in this group
Anyone can apply and no one has been hired to coach that I've heard of.
Heard a rumor that the new football field had a sink hole appear. Hope not. Overheard some students talking about it at a ball game.
Thirsty Dog Wrote:Heard a rumor that the new football field had a sink hole appear. Hope not. Overheard some students talking about it at a ball game.

Was this thing built over a deep mine?
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Was this thing built over a deep mine?
Is this a turf field? If so it's simply to repair. Take a utility Knife and cut a X at the sink hole and fill the low place .like a 10 foot x10foot than glue the cut seems .
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Was this thing built over a deep mine?

Not a deep mine. I hunted that holler for several years back in the early 2000's. Just your typical holler field, stripped out and seeded back with grass and autumn olive trees..
If Shawn Hager has truly been hired as the new coach, it will not be announced until the end or after baseball season. He is currently the baseball coach at P-burg. Correct?
I haven't seen a sinkhole but if anything is wrong it will be fixed. It's a beautiful facility and the baseball/softball fields are unreal.
Paintsville won't be on The schedule. I think the other schools listed are correct however.
Why aren't they going to play paintsville now
I think they're getting away from all of the class A teams.
I keep hearing Hager around home here but no one can really say were they heard it or if its really true or not? So Im still open on the hiring right now..Could be him for sure but Ive not heard anyting to really convince me yet.
I think class A is about all they will be able to compete with. Still no coach and the rumor is they haven't even started looking.
football-junkie 01 Wrote:I think class A is about all they will be able to compete with. Still no coach and the rumor is they haven't even started looking.

If this is true and a search is not underway that's a travesty to the kids. My kid would be going elsewhere.