Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The election - my final decision
I haven't posted on here for months hardly, for many reasons. However, there is something I do encourage for voting tomorrow.

We cannot, under any circumstances, allow Hillary Clinton to be elected to lead the United States. The Supreme Court is an issue in every election, but if Hillary wins we will likely see liberal justices such as Ginsburg and Breyer announce their retirements, with Hillary Clinton appointing judges such as Paul Watford of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals or Sri Srinivasan of the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. Both are far left-leaning judges, neither of which have reached the age of fifty yet. That would give the opportunity for Hillary to reshape the SCOTUS entirely. This isn't counting the open seat nor does it count other potential retirements. Throw in the fact that moderate Anthony Kennedy could announce retirement leading to another liberal leaning judge or even Clarence Thomas, who is slightly younger, could retire then that could lead to a liberal court. Any case involving abortion, the ability to live out your moral conscience, immigration, or gun rights would easily be struck down.

You also have the positions that the president appoints that have little to no input from the Senate or House. The president appoints the Attorney General. Do we really want another four years of Loretta Lynch? Do we want people such as Susan Rice, Kathleen Sebelius, in high level positions? These are the types of people that Hillary Clinton would appoint.

Hillary Clinton has gone to the extreme of wanting to overturn the Hyde Amendment, something that has prevented government funding from going directly toward abortion. We would lose many more unborn lives because of either (A) legislation she would block such as a 20 week or dismemberment ban, (B) justices she would appoint to the District, Appellate, and Supreme Courts that would block laws being implemented such as the one in Texas, © actions she could take via executive order, or (D) actions she would take to punish and/or silence those who publicly express their view against abortion.

I do not like Donald Trump. I deeply resent how much of his supporting base has acted (some of whom I know and have lost respect for) and I feel that many of the candidates that ran on the Republican side would be doing much better than him at this point, likely winning the nomination with ease even with a biased media. While Darrell Castle, I think, is the most conservative candidate running, he's probably only going to rack up a couple hundred thousand votes. Trump's supporters have put us in a situation where we have to either believe that Trump will do what he says he will, or we can go with the alternative and vote Clinton, who we for sure know will continue to promote the liberal agenda of Barack Obama.

At the end of the day, I am going to cast my vote for Donald Trump. He has surrounded himself with people such as Mike Pence and others that do share similar beliefs to what I do. He will have a tough time getting a judge across since the Democrats will likely either come close to controlling or will have control of the Senate, but what he puts out there will be better than what Clinton has to offer to reshape the courts. In addition, he will have input from people such as Ted Cruz or Trey Gowdy - both of whom understand the court system and will be able to help find and appoint solid judges.

At the end of the day though, we shouldn't be looking at the candidates with a magnifying glass. We should be looking in the mirror at our society, as these two present a great reflection of how our society has turned its back on God. We have some serious soul searching to do, as a country.
^Well said, my friend. I have reached the same conclusion. I absolutely hated voting for John McCain, but that was an easy decision compared to voting for Donald Trump. I have not changed by opinion of Trump one iota, but if electing Trump forces Obama to pardon Hillary for her crimes, then it will be worth it, even if Trump is later impeached and replaced by Gov. Pence.

I don't believe that Trump stands a very good chance of winning the election, but Hillary has demonstrated that Democrats will tolerate all sorts of lawlessness over the next four years if she is elected. I can't be a party to that result, regardless of how obnoxious he and many of his supporters have been during the campaign.
^
It's too late. Trump will not be elected.

Hillary will take the Presidency and, in part, because of organizations like #NeverTrump and an RNC with no spine.

JMO
WideRight05 Wrote:I haven't posted on here for months hardly, for many reasons. However, there is something I do encourage for voting tomorrow.

We cannot, under any circumstances, allow Hillary Clinton to be elected to lead the United States. The Supreme Court is an issue in every election, but if Hillary wins we will likely see liberal justices such as Ginsburg and Breyer announce their retirements, with Hillary Clinton appointing judges such as Paul Watford of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals or Sri Srinivasan of the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. Both are far left-leaning judges, neither of which have reached the age of fifty yet. That would give the opportunity for Hillary to reshape the SCOTUS entirely. This isn't counting the open seat nor does it count other potential retirements. Throw in the fact that moderate Anthony Kennedy could announce retirement leading to another liberal leaning judge or even Clarence Thomas, who is slightly younger, could retire then that could lead to a liberal court. Any case involving abortion, the ability to live out your moral conscience, immigration, or gun rights would easily be struck down.

You also have the positions that the president appoints that have little to no input from the Senate or House. The president appoints the Attorney General. Do we really want another four years of Loretta Lynch? Do we want people such as Susan Rice, Kathleen Sebelius, in high level positions? These are the types of people that Hillary Clinton would appoint.

Hillary Clinton has gone to the extreme of wanting to overturn the Hyde Amendment, something that has prevented government funding from going directly toward abortion. We would lose many more unborn lives because of either (A) legislation she would block such as a 20 week or dismemberment ban, (B) justices she would appoint to the District, Appellate, and Supreme Courts that would block laws being implemented such as the one in Texas, © actions she could take via executive order, or (D) actions she would take to punish and/or silence those who publicly express their view against abortion.

I do not like Donald Trump. I deeply resent how much of his supporting base has acted (some of whom I know and have lost respect for) and I feel that many of the candidates that ran on the Republican side would be doing much better than him at this point, likely winning the nomination with ease even with a biased media. While Darrell Castle, I think, is the most conservative candidate running, he's probably only going to rack up a couple hundred thousand votes. Trump's supporters have put us in a situation where we have to either believe that Trump will do what he says he will, or we can go with the alternative and vote Clinton, who we for sure know will continue to promote the liberal agenda of Barack Obama.

At the end of the day, I am going to cast my vote for Donald Trump. He has surrounded himself with people such as Mike Pence and others that do share similar beliefs to what I do. He will have a tough time getting a judge across since the Democrats will likely either come close to controlling or will have control of the Senate, but what he puts out there will be better than what Clinton has to offer to reshape the courts. In addition, he will have input from people such as Ted Cruz or Trey Gowdy - both of whom understand the court system and will be able to help find and appoint solid judges.

At the end of the day though, we shouldn't be looking at the candidates with a magnifying glass. We should be looking in the mirror at our society, as these two present a great reflection of how our society has turned its back on God. We have some serious soul searching to do, as a country.

Well thought out and stated post. If HRC wins, she will replace Scalia, and perhaps one other "to the left" judge. 2020 may well be an even deeper battle for the Court than 2016, in my view.
Granny Bear Wrote:^
It's too late. Trump will not be elected.

Hillary will take the Presidency and, in part, because of organizations like #NeverTrump and an RNC with no spine.

JMO
If Trump loses, and he almost certainly will, it will be because he has run a horrible campaign and he was the worst possible nominee that Republicans could have chosen to run against the worst Democratic candidate ever. If Trump had campaigned early like he has the past few weeks and had he never hired those clowns Lewandowski and Manafort to manage his campaign, as bad a candidate as he is, he could be celebrating early tomorrow night.

I have never seen a campaign in which a candidate's supporters have blamed his blunders on voters like Trump's supporters have.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If Trump loses, and he almost certainly will, it will be because he has run a horrible campaign and he was the worst possible nominee that Republicans could have chosen to run against the worst Democratic candidate ever. If Trump had campaigned early like he has the past few weeks and had he never hired those clowns Lewandowski and Manafort to manage his campaign, as bad a candidate as he is, he could be celebrating early tomorrow night.

I have never seen a campaign in which a candidate's supporters have blamed his blunders on voters like Trump's supporters have.

Nobody gave him any genuine consideration during the primaries and he snuck in anyway, and won. Afterward, the Republican National Committee did everything they could to stop his campaign. Influencial Republicans toggled back and forth, and never provided any consistency.

I think Trump has done well with his campaign considering his circumstances. Was Trump my first choice? Absolutely not. But as badly as he has managed his campaign, the support that wasn't there is the key to this. IMO