•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at Paintsville 11/18
Orange Blaze Wrote:That game is over now and we should focus on the next one. The bottom line is Raceland lost the last time despite having opportunities to win. I have faith that our coaching staff will put together a game plan to allow our boys to be in a position to win this time around. I also believe that our boys will play with an intensity that we haven't seen all year. I realize most of the Paintsville fans aren't giving us much of a chance but I firmly believe that this team will surprise you and don't be shocked if we come down there and leave with the regional championship. This is going to be hard hard fought game folks and I will be very surprised if either team wins by 2 or more scores.

I agree. Onward and upward. After Justin was ejected it took us a series or so to sort out the DL, but I thought having Jerome at nose, Manis back at DE, Tyus at DT looked good. Very fast DL that caused NC's OL all kinds of trouble. And imo, the Jackets had the stoutest and most physical OL we had seen all year.

Another difference in this game, should we see the intensity we saw when we put the game on ice in Carlisle, was Bailey's "5th gear". All things considered, he looked like old Bailey. He always runs hard, but he had a little more patience in letting the play develop. That is a skill thats hard to come by. You want a RB to hit the hole at full speed, some some guys dont understand it may take a second or two for the hole to develop. Also thought Nathaniel looked great running the zone read stuff. If we keep our intensity up and keep our composure, my HEART's prediction will ring true and it will be a great ride back up 23 with a regional title. If not, its goina be long ride back for basketball practice. This week will creep by second by second...bitter-sweet time of year for me. Love this tight games and rivalries, but it also means the season is inching closer and closer to being over. Better leave early if your going to this one. Goina be a packed house and traffic will likely be rough goin south on 23. Rams headed to Paintsville, Ashland headed to JC, and Russell to Belfry. Nothing would make me happier to see a big a$$ caravan of lights flashing and horns honking all the way back to Boyd and Greenup County. Only 1 of those 3 are likely though...
Something that Raceland has in their favor coming into this game is this their staters have had to play 4 quarters in every game since the last meeting with the Tigers. In the last game we wore down a little towards the end and I think that was partly due to blowing teams out and not playing a full game. I think we should have much better endurance this time around. Raceland has also been battle tested much more than Paintsville has and I think that will payoff well in preparation for this week's game.
Love this time of year when you wake up in the morning on Friday excited about tonight's game. Expecting to win but not quite sure. Sense of dread knowing a great season can end that night.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Something that Raceland has in their favor coming into this game is this their staters have had to play 4 quarters in every game since the last meeting with the Tigers. In the last game we wore down a little towards the end and I think that was partly due to blowing teams out and not playing a full game. I think we should have much better endurance this time around. Raceland has also been battle tested much more than Paintsville has and I think that will payoff well in preparation for this week's game.

That's always a good question. Which will prevail? A team that's had their starters battle for 4 full quarters or one who's had big leads to rest starters keeping them healthier! I can see either one being an advantage in its own way! A close game typically comes down to heart! Does that team have enough at that time! Which one is ok playing at a good level and which one will reach down, dig deeper and kick it up a notch?
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:That's always a good question. Which will prevail? A team that's had their starters battle for 4 full quarters or one who's had big leads to rest starters keeping them healthier! I can see either one being an advantage in its own way! A close game typically comes down to heart! Does that team have enough at that time! Which one is ok playing at a good level and which one will reach down, dig deeper and kick it up a notch?

Considering how tough these last 4 weeks have been we have been blessed and haven't really suffered any major injuries. Three out of our last four opponents have been physical teams that have forced us to come out swinging hard. I truly believe that those games will help us this week and hopefully in the following weeks. The Nicholas County game was a great test for us that we really needed before this week. We showed a lot of grit in that game and easily could have laid down and quit when things weren't going our way. A lot of negative things have been said about our discipline and focus last week but in the end we showed a lot of mental toughness and executed when it really mattered. This week will be a tough task for both teams and I am looking forward to what should be another classic this Friday in Paintsville.
One thing that will be disappointing about this game is that Paintsville will not have the 5 star concessions that we are used to at home lol. You guys need to step up your food game!!
Orange Blaze Wrote:One thing that will be disappointing about this game is that Paintsville will not have the 5 star concessions that we are used to at home lol. You guys need to step up your food game!!

I AGREE Blaze! It's filler food!
Orange Blaze Wrote:Considering how tough these last 4 weeks have been we have been blessed and haven't really suffered any major injuries. Three out of our last four opponents have been physical teams that have forced us to come out swinging hard. I truly believe that those games will help us this week and hopefully in the following weeks. The Nicholas County game was a great test for us that we really needed before this week. We showed a lot of grit in that game and easily could have laid down and quit when things weren't going our way. A lot of negative things have been said about our discipline and focus last week but in the end we showed a lot of mental toughness and executed when it really mattered. This week will be a tough task for both teams and I am looking forward to what should be another classic this Friday in Paintsville.

What happens with the Rams player that was ejected? Someone said that's a 2 game deal during playoffs! Is that the deal? If so that's not what either team coming up Friday wants to hear!
A better look at Fairviews First TD that had me wondering what happened! That's one way to do it!

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/HIGHL...78031.html
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:What happens with the Rams player that was ejected? Someone said that's a 2 game deal during playoffs! Is that the deal? If so that's not what either team coming up Friday wants to hear!

The way I always understood the rule is that it is at least a one game suspension but it could be increased at the discretion of the KHSAA. Due to the nature of his ejection I would expect it to be a only one game. Unfortunately we need him for that one game but it is what it is.

How was that Fairview player not called down? That just shows how bad officiating has been across the board this year. Your news guys was wrong about something as well. At the end he said it was Paintsville's second consecutive regional championship game but it will actually be the third because they lost to Raceland in that game two years ago.
That was the year they upset the greatest team ever put together.
I'm not from Raceland and don't live there now but my boys go to school there and one of the things I've found out about this community is football is played on Friday nights not in Saturday's , out of 16 seniors I would say 10 could play at the next level but there's only 3 or 4 considering it . Raceland is a place where you play football from the time you walk until you play your last snap on a Friday night graduate then go learn a trade or college and start a family hope you get a son so you can coach him in his youth . So when you hear win or go home or play for your football life that's what a lot sre doing . Bailey is a prime example of that he very well could play at the next level but chooses not to so his since of urgency you can see in his play is for that very reason . How they will be remembered means a lot , representing the name on the front of their jersey means a ton
Orange Blaze Wrote:The way I always understood the rule is that it is at least a one game suspension but it could be increased at the discretion of the KHSAA. Due to the nature of his ejection I would expect it to be a only one game. Unfortunately we need him for that one game but it is what it is.

How was that Fairview player not called down? That just shows how bad officiating has been across the board this year. Your news guys was wrong about something as well. At the end he said it was Paintsville's second consecutive regional championship game but it will actually be the third because they lost to Raceland in that game two years ago.

Guess they just didn't see him roll'n around before he sprung up and ran! Lol. Yep it is the 3rd! Last years regional shoulda been between the two teams the game before because the Paintsville/Raceland 2nd round was Way a better game than the Paintsville/Paris 3rd round game!
I watched the video of Fairchild getting ejected , he was getting beat to death there was a kid #78 on top of him who was punching him 5-6 times before he started defending himself I have no idea how a ref missed a kid punching another one that many times then kick the other one out of the game, watch the video those refs need reported . Next #78 from Nicholas co put this hands on the ref after # 4 form Nicholas got kicked out he got a flag but how was that kid not ejected for putting his hands on the white hat .. I asked if Raceland could appeal the ejection and send the video in of the Nicholas co player punching Fairchild first and often you have to be able to defend yourself but I was told no appeals during the playoffs not sure if that's true or not
Paintsville
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I watched the video of Fairchild getting ejected , he was getting beat to death there was a kid #78 on top of him who was punching him 5-6 times before he started defending himself I have no idea how a ref missed a kid punching another one that many times then kick the other one out of the game, watch the video those refs need reported . Next #78 from Nicholas co put this hands on the ref after # 4 form Nicholas got kicked out he got a flag but how was that kid not ejected for putting his hands on the white hat .. I asked if Raceland could appeal the ejection and send the video in of the Nicholas co player punching Fairchild first and often you have to be able to defend yourself but I was told no appeals during the playoffs not sure if that's true or not

thats some sportsmanship there that shoulda been dealt with immediately! With how much they claim to catch and they dont see a kid assaulting another right in front of them? Then the Rams player gets tossed? Maybe that was the intent of The Nicholas player was when they realized the game was out of reach, to try to affect Racelands chances for the next game! That's why it SHOULD be looked at Immediatly for the possibility of reversing the decision! I understand emotions are high especially during playoffs but there is no room in the game for taking it beyond a couple comments!
Thats what sucks about the KHSAA is they never rule nething auickly and effeciently. It always comes too little to late. Also like the comments AFN made about playing for your football lives. We hit a gear i. The second half of the NC game that we hadnt had all year. In all honesty and fairness I want to make a brief apology.

I have been more critical and negative about my Rams than i have ever been this year. Now, most of it wasnt without cause or reason, but, I think I need to stay off of these blogs and off my soap box the night after a loss. But, Im not one to sugar coat or keep my big mouth shut lol, so its goina take some self control! If any players or parents of player are reading this, please no that I love and appreciate every kid on this team. I just get frustrated bc i know how good they all are and to see them show a lack of effort or intensity drives me nuts. This was the hardest working team i have ever seen out of Raceland in the offseason and at times, they have lived up to what i think they are capable of. I am proud of these kids and want them to succeed beyond my wildest expectations. Hope we come out like AFN said and play for our football lives and kick the stripes off the Tigers!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:thats some sportsmanship there that shoulda been dealt with immediately! With how much they claim to catch and they dont see a kid assaulting another right in front of them? Then the Rams player gets tossed? Maybe that was the intent of The Nicholas player was when they realized the game was out of reach, to try to affect Racelands chances for the next game! That's why it SHOULD be looked at Immediatly for the possibility of reversing the decision! I understand emotions are high especially during playoffs but there is no room in the game for taking it beyond a couple comments!

No that was earlier in the game I'm pretty Nicholas was winning at the time . My son plays but not in the trenches but I talked to Jerome yesterday he told me Nicholas co was the dirtiest team they've ever played even worse than coal grove and that's saying a lot .
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Thats what sucks about the KHSAA is they never rule nething auickly and effeciently. It always comes too little to late. Also like the comments AFN made about playing for your football lives. We hit a gear i. The second half of the NC game that we hadnt had all year. In all honesty and fairness I want to make a brief apology.

I have been more critical and negative about my Rams than i have ever been this year. Now, most of it wasnt without cause or reason, but, I think I need to stay off of these blogs and off my soap box the night after a loss. But, Im not one to sugar coat or keep my big mouth shut lol, so its goina take some self control! If any players or parents of player are reading this, please no that I love and appreciate every kid on this team. I just get frustrated bc i know how good they all are and to see them show a lack of effort or intensity drives me nuts. This was the hardest working team i have ever seen out of Raceland in the offseason and at times, they have lived up to what i think they are capable of. I am proud of these kids and want them to succeed beyond my wildest expectations. Hope we come out like AFN said and play for our football lives and kick the stripes off the Tigers!

No need to aplogize for calling some kids out, I do mine included but I never never never pick against them , I think they need to know their parents , and community is 100% behind them and believe in them and expect them to win
Well, before the Russell game last year, I called Kane out, said I would be shocked if we beat Russell. The following week i predicted a long and sad ride back home from Paintsville in the playoffs after a 3 or 4 score loss and the answered the bell in both gamesand damn near made it an incredible ride back home. With that said I know they CAN win and know how incredibly good this Ram squad can be, just hope they dig down deep and be THAT team.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I watched the video of Fairchild getting ejected , he was getting beat to death there was a kid #78 on top of him who was punching him 5-6 times before he started defending himself I have no idea how a ref missed a kid punching another one that many times then kick the other one out of the game, watch the video those refs need reported . Next #78 from Nicholas co put this hands on the ref after # 4 form Nicholas got kicked out he got a flag but how was that kid not ejected for putting his hands on the white hat .. I asked if Raceland could appeal the ejection and send the video in of the Nicholas co player punching Fairchild first and often you have to be able to defend yourself but I was told no appeals during the playoffs not sure if that's true or not

Justin is a great kid and I wouldn't expect any less from him. A kid can only take so much before he has to defend himself. The trenches are a tuff place to be. There needs to be an appeal process for sure. I'm pretty sure there is not one.
This Rams team has battled it out every Friday night! Had a couple of tough losses but for the most part, they've played some strong 1A KY Football for 2016! I have no doubt they will come out to prove a point Friday night at Memorial Field and I know how much it means to the team, coaching staff and the Raceland Faithful!! Which is why even though it will be a extremely dominant Regional Title win for the Tigers, It will also be tough ending the Ram's season which has been a solid one!!! Make no mistake, all of us Tiger fans do have a lot of respect for the Raceland program!
The Rams are coming tiger cubs and they are bringing a whole region full of a$$ whopping with them
anotherfootballnut Wrote:The Rams are coming tiger cubs and they are bringing a whole region full of a$$ whopping with them

Lol. I HEARD THAT!!! they better bring something!!!! They'll need all they can tote down 23 with em!!!
Tigers gonna extend their winning streak against the Rams to 4 Friday night!!! 1 more win after this Friday night and Raceland offically has to refer to Paintsville as DADDY!! I believe it's 5 in a row where that kicks in!
You're Rams are about to see a whole new Tiger squad this Friday. Hope you ram fans are mentally prepared for a fourth a$$ whoopin 😎😎
So your calling a 6 point OT win a a$$ whoopin ?? nice season tigers but it ends Friday night Rams role
anotherfootballnut Wrote:So your calling a 6 point OT win a a$$ whoopin ?? nice season tigers but it ends Friday night Rams role

Absolutely!!! Didn't you see how those Rams were walking off the field after that one! Holding their little Ram behind's! You think Davidson was running for his life in the first game, it's gonna be way worse this go around! He better practice throwing the ball in the stands this week so he'll feel comfortable doing it!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Absolutely!!! Didn't you see how those Rams were walking off the field after that one! Holding their little Ram behind's! You think Davidson was running for his life in the first game, it's gonna be way worse this go around! He better practice throwing the ball in the stands this week so he'll feel comfortable doing it!

Paintville season ends on Friday night simple as that
The Rams have two chances. Slim and none!!!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next