1 Paintsville
2 Beechwood
3 Russellville
4 Raceland
5 Pikeville
6 Hazard
7 KCD
8 Bethlehem
Any of the top 6 can win it. Paintsville and Beechwood have a little separation from the field. Raceland has dropped a little with their recent play. Pikeville and Hazard are peaking at the right time.
E's Army Wrote:Any of the top 6 can win it. Paintsville and Beechwood have a little separation from the field. Raceland has dropped a little with their recent play. Pikeville and Hazard are peaking at the right time.

Raceland has dropped with their recent play lol
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland has dropped with their recent play lol

Have you not been following them Nut? Yes from earlier in the season to now they've dropped off.
Two losses and struggled last Friday.
E's Army Wrote:Two losses and struggled last Friday.

I will add also it took a whole to put Brossart out as well.
Beechwood is #1.
bac2369 Wrote:I will add also it took a whole to put Brossart out as well.

And who has Paintsville played since the Rams to test their metal hmm let's compare games: Paintsville first, Shelby Valley 3-8, Paris 5-6, Fairview 5-6. Now Raceland, Russell 10-1, Brossart 8-3, Nicholas 9-2. So let's see I really don't think our play has dropped we just played better competion.
E's Army Wrote:Two losses and struggled last Friday.

Oh yea twi big losses by combined 7 points and a OT to a 3a team playing in the Region championship and the OT loss to paintsville a team that you think is the greatest thing since sliced bread lol And as far as struggling last week your lost and confused . Beat a team who had a bye giving them two weeks to prepare along with playing at their house and win by as much as they did lol Nicholas was 9-1..keep saying how bad they are for the next three weeks and hide and watch them win it all
I curious from Paintsville fans in your last 3 games since you played the Rams how has your metal been tested. The last 3 teams have a combined record of 13-20 with bone left standing in playoffs. In comparison the Rams last 3 teams have a combined record of 27-6 with one of those teams in a regional playoff game. So please share with me your Paintsville logic of how you have gotten better beating up on far inferior oppents.
Footballfan64 Wrote:I curious from Paintsville fans in your last 3 games since you played the Rams how has your metal been tested. The last 3 teams have a combined record of 13-20 with bone left standing in playoffs. In comparison the Rams last 3 teams have a combined record of 27-6 with one of those teams in a regional playoff game. So please share with me your Paintsville logic of how you have gotten better beating up on far inferior oppents.

It's not! We've gotten drastically worse!
Footballfan64 Wrote:And who has Paintsville played since the Rams to test their metal hmm let's compare games: Paintsville first, Shelby Valley 3-8, Paris 5-6, Fairview 5-6. Now Raceland, Russell 10-1, Brossart 8-3, Nicholas 9-2. So let's see I really don't think our play has dropped we just played better competion.

Paintsville hasn't played no one yet. Rams where favored big in every game but didn't our those teams away until late. Now I'm not knocking them but if your going to talk about how good your team is then thru should of put those teams away much quicker. Hazard derailed a solid Williamsburg team with a running clock. But I will agree those teams may be better than a few but look at it like this fair view beat bracken comfortably and they beat Nicholas but lost to Brossart who lost to Nicholas.
bac2369 Wrote:Paintsville hasn't played no one yet. Rams where favored big in every game but didn't our those teams away until late. Now I'm not knocking them but if your going to talk about how good your team is then thru should of put those teams away much quicker. Hazard derailed a solid Williamsburg team with a running clock. But I will agree those teams may be better than a few but look at it like this fair view beat bracken comfortably and they beat Nicholas but lost to Brossart who lost to Nicholas.

Correct. We've only beaten Pikeville and Raceland so like Back said! Oh your meaning "just Playoffs". No just Paris and Fairview!
Nicholas is a team I also said people needed to watch out for come playoff time but no one give them credit.. It also hurt them to lose there beat player to rejection in that game.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:It's not! We've gotten drastically worse!

I didn't say you got drastically worse and that is a foolish statement I asked how those who are saying that your team have improved alot since our last encounter figured. We have been knocked to the mat and got up fighting the last 3 games came up short in one and won comfortably in the others. Which had improved us.
Footballfan64 Wrote:I didn't say you got drastically worse and that is a foolish statement I asked how those who are saying that your team have improved alot since our last encounter figured. We have been knocked to the mat and got up fighting the last 3 games came up short in one and won comfortably in the others. Which had improved us.

We're about the same. No better no worse.
bac2369 Wrote:1 Paintsville
2 Beechwood
3 Russellville
4 Raceland
5 Pikeville
6 Hazard
7 KCD
8 Bethlehem

It seems the Regional Finals out of the East Bracket is MUCH stronger games than the Regional Finals out of the West Bracket! Is the East getting stronger as a whole or is the West taking a step back! You would think either way it spells TOUGH 1A State Championship game for the WEST! 4 out of the top 6, Paintsville, Pikeville, Raceland, Hazard have spent the season going at it with a couple of the teams playing each other twice while Beechwood and Russellville MAY never see each other unless they both make thru to the state semis, which appears they will! !
bac2369 Wrote:Nicholas is a team I also said people needed to watch out for come playoff time but no one give them credit.. It also hurt them to lose there beat player to rejection in that game.

Say what you want but Raceland has played some solid competition in this past month. Nicholas wasn't a bad team and if Paintsville played them I think they would have had some trouble with them as well. As another poster said they had two weeks to prepare for that game and it showed on the field. Brossart wasn't bad either and they were a good passing team which is an area we have struggled with defensively so it wasn't really a good matchup for us. Russell by by far the best team we've played since Paintsville and if those two teams played there wouldn't be more than a touchdown separating them. I look for another tough game in Paintsville this Friday and like the last two meetings it will be a game that goes the distance of four quarters or beyond.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Correct. We've only beaten Pikeville and Raceland so like Back said! Oh your meaning "just Playoffs". No just Paris and Fairview!

Yes playoffs. Not regular season.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Say what you want but Raceland has played some solid competition in this past month. Nicholas wasn't a bad team and if Paintsville played them I think they would have had some trouble with them as well. As another poster said they had two weeks to prepare for that game and it showed on the field. Brossart wasn't bad either and they were a good passing team which is an area we have struggled with defensively so it wasn't really a good matchup for us. Russell by by far the best team we've played since Paintsville and if those two teams played there wouldn't be more than a touchdown separating them. I look for another tough game in Paintsville this Friday and like the last two meetings it will be a game that goes the distance of four quarters or beyond.

I agree both where solid competition. Each team will present match up problems no matter who you play.im not downing the rams just disappointed they took as to put the game away.
E's Army Wrote:Any of the top 6 can win it. Paintsville and Beechwood have a little separation from the field. Raceland has dropped a little with their recent play. Pikeville and Hazard are peaking at the right time.

I actually lean more to the top 4. IMO, that's where the champion will come from.
Usually when the bracket gets down this far we start seeing upsets. I think this Friday there will be atleast 2. Looking forward to some good games this week.
Hazard_dad Wrote:Usually when the bracket gets down this far we start seeing upsets. I think this Friday there will be atleast 2. Looking forward to some good games this week.

At this point it's hard to figure out what would be considered an upset! It'll have to come out of the east because the west bracket seems pretty lopsided! Hazard, Paintsville, Raceland, I honestly feel could all win in BG!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Oh yea twi big losses by combined 7 points and a OT to a 3a team playing in the Region championship and the OT loss to paintsville a team that you think is the greatest thing since sliced bread lol And as far as struggling last week your lost and confused . Beat a team who had a bye giving them two weeks to prepare along with playing at their house and win by as much as they did lol Nicholas was 9-1..keep saying how bad they are for the next three weeks and hide and watch them win it all

Well I'm with you...except on the winning it all. Their season will undoubtedly end Friday night, no chance they win. However I agree with everything before that. Lol
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:At this point it's hard to figure out what would be considered an upset! It'll have to come out of the east because the west bracket seems pretty lopsided! Hazard, Paintsville, Raceland, I honestly feel could all win in BG!

I like this guy, he's such a fair, neutral minded guy. Pretty cool to see someone be a homer but in a cool way. Lol.
checkmate9113 Wrote:I like this guy, he's such a fair, neutral minded guy. Pretty cool to see someone be a homer but in a cool way. Lol.

1A EAST is STRONG and COMPETITIVE. We can all go back and forth on our teams but truth is each team has a strong chance equipped with a Solid run game and also very capable QB's and receivers matched with Solid line and Defensive play! The Pikeville/Hazard game can easily fall either way and everyone knows the Paintsville/Raceland game could go either way as well if Raceland was just a little Stronger Team!! Confusednicker:

It's gonna be an exciting Friday Night in the Mountains!!!! :flame:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:1A EAST is STRONG and COMPETITIVE. We can all go back and forth on our teams but truth is each team has a strong chance equipped with a Solid run game and also very capable QB's and receivers matched with Solid line and Defensive play! The Pikeville/Hazard game can easily fall either way and everyone knows the Paintsville/Raceland game could go either way as well if Raceland was just a little Stronger Team!! Confusednicker:

It's gonna be an exciting Friday Night in the Mountains!!!! :flame:

Yes it will be and I believe the winner in the east will be state champ after game at BG.
I can't see any team from the East winning, I believe Beechwood is our clear cut state champion. The Pikeville/Paintsville game is for the State Runner-Up trophy.
checkmate9113 Wrote:I can't see any team from the East winning, I believe Beechwood is our clear cut state champion. The Pikeville/Paintsville game is for the State Runner-Up trophy.

Just like last year right?
checkmate9113 Wrote:I can't see any team from the East winning, I believe Beechwood is our clear cut state champion. The Pikeville/Paintsville game is for the State Runner-Up trophy.

Lol. Like last year! Watch the recaps of their games! The opposing pass coverage is pitiful for most of them! Their a good little athletic team don't get me wrong but their opposition has made it quite easy for them! Either one of these 4 East teams will be just too much Size, strength and speed for the Beechies to Handel! Provided they get past Russellville!