Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Starns be allowed to return?
Starns quit on Saturday. He came back on Monday. Do you think he should be allowed back? I personally don't, because of past issues about players who quit. I have heard a lot of the players didn't want him back either.
Is this another rumor... or is it true?
While I personally don't think this topic should be discussed here, I'll leave it for now.

Please consider the rules of this site and try to keep this thread from getting closed.
Sure he should be allowed to return. Coaches can make mistakes too. He just over-reacted on Saturday before he thought it through! Welcome back Coach...now get'em turned around!!
I personally think that Coach Starnes has every right to be tired of being the puppet of JCHS administration. It is my understanding that it was left up to the boys if they wanted him to finish out the season. I think it was a good decision to ask him to finish up this year. I DO NOT AGREE with the decision to vote and let JESSE MEEK come back!!!!!!!! His bad temper and rebelious attitude will be even more of a blow to the JCHS team. If Meeks should be allowed to come back then why not Senoir Zac Sargent? Or the Dillon brothers? Why not let back all those who couldn't even make it past the tough practices and quit then? The Administration at JCHS should be ashamed of themselves for everything that has transpired this past season. If you hire someone to coach then let them coach! If you let the parents and those who make monetary donations runthe team instead, then you are doing nothing but ruining what little bit of respect you have left! Whoever it is that is the ring leader of this circus better be getting things smoothed over fast before the ball team looses what little support they have left!!!!!!!!!

:dontthink
I just want to wish JCHS the best of luck with their remaining season... hopefully things will brighten for them!
Is Meeks a BOE Members, Administrations, or donors son?
I guess some people are given a second chance in life, and Starnes should be fortunate that JC gave him one in this situation. But I wish Starnes and the Eagles the best of luck for the rest of the season.
brokencard Wrote:I DO NOT AGREE with the decision to vote and let JESSE MEEK come back!!!!!!!! His bad temper and rebelious attitude will be even more of a blow to the JCHS team. If Meeks should be allowed to come back then why not Senoir Zac Sargent? Or the Dillon brothers?

So they let Meeks back on the team????
Redneck Wrote:So they let Meeks back on the team????

Thats what I was wondering too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
I heard from a VERY RELIABLE source that they MADE the boys vote this afternoon. Under the circumstances that were discribed to me, I don't think that any of the boys had a fair opportunity to vote the way they truly felt, because Meeks himself was allowed to be there while they cast their votes. In my opinion this is total Bull ****!!!!! With his history, the only thing he could possibly bring to this team is more turmoil!
You need some better sources sir. Meeks was not present and it was a fair vote, but in IMO if you are not a player or coach on this team you have not the right to bring all this negativity towards the subject!!!
brokencard Wrote:I heard from a VERY RELIABLE source that they MADE the boys vote this afternoon. Under the circumstances that were discribed to me, I don't think that any of the boys had a fair opportunity to vote the way they truly felt, because Meeks himself was allowed to be there while they cast their votes. In my opinion this is total Bull ****!!!!! With his history, the only thing he could possibly bring to this team is more turmoil!
Starn's has brought more turmoil than Meeks ever thought about bringing. How can you honestly get on here and applaud Starn's and on the other hand make Meeks sound like an outlaw. Who's the adult in this picture?? I rest my case. Starn's is the problem with this scenario and the entire 15th REGION IS WELL AWARE OF THIS!!! Answer this, Why is their only 14 players in the entire program??Is that Meek's fault?? Again, I rest my case and I won't respond to this thread again.
To tear a page frm Starns' own book.....if you quit.....you quit.....no second chances.
Stand by your own precedence Starns.
Well, absent very special exceptions, my position has always been that if you quit then you are out. I don't care if it is a coach or a player. To do otherwise just gives the "quitter" be it player or coach leverage anytime something doesn't go their way.

I don't know what led to Starns resigning, so I won't comment on whether he should be allowed back. But it would have to have been a very good reason for me to allow him back. Just look at what the act itself has done to the program in terms of negative publicity. But that is not my problem. If the JC players are happy with it, then it works for me. Play ball!!
This thread is about Coach Starns.
When discussion of a player began it became off topic.
Please stay on the thread topic and keep this one focused.
If you want to start a new thread on a new topic feel free.
yeah he should be able to return even though there better off with out him.
brokencard Wrote:I personally think that Coach Starnes has every right to be tired of being the puppet of JCHS administration. It is my understanding that it was left up to the boys if they wanted him to finish out the season. I think it was a good decision to ask him to finish up this year. I DO NOT AGREE with the decision to vote and let JESSE MEEK come back!!!!!!!! His bad temper and rebelious attitude will be even more of a blow to the JCHS team. If Meeks should be allowed to come back then why not Senoir Zac Sargent? Or the Dillon brothers? Why not let back all those who couldn't even make it past the tough practices and quit then? The Administration at JCHS should be ashamed of themselves for everything that has transpired this past season. If you hire someone to coach then let them coach! If you let the parents and those who make monetary donations runthe team instead, then you are doing nothing but ruining what little bit of respect you have left! Whoever it is that is the ring leader of this circus better be getting things smoothed over fast before the ball team looses what little support they have left!!!!!!!!!

:dontthink

All those kids quit BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO. the Dillons quit for football, and Zac just quit. I havent heard a word of any of them but Meek wanting to return to the team. Quit talking about something you know nothing about.
:yikes: I can't believe everything that is happening at JC right now.I think we all need to take a step back and just let the situation work itself out!!!
Really is anyone surprised about anything that happens within the JCHS basketball program? Controversy is always the main topic with this program. Always has been always will be. After saying that, good luck EAGLES.
Good luck to you JC.
He should be able to return. Look what happened at Shelby Valley a few years back Rowe did a good job after quitting in the middle of the year on his team and then being allowed to return the next season. Give Starnes a break. Let him coach and leave the politics out of basketball.
We live in a world of second chances and Starnes should be no different.
brokencard Wrote:I heard from a VERY RELIABLE source that they MADE the boys vote this afternoon. Under the circumstances that were discribed to me, I don't think that any of the boys had a fair opportunity to vote the way they truly felt, because Meeks himself was allowed to be there while they cast their votes. In my opinion this is total Bull ****!!!!! With his history, the only thing he could possibly bring to this team is more turmoil!

Meek was not present nor did he have any knowledge of the boys voting, He is the only one that wants to be back on the team. As far as his history-57th district champion, 15th region champion, 57th All district team, 15th region All tournement team, Courier Jounal top 10 player. Some history

:lmao:
Niether one should be allowed back.
Most of the negativity for this thread is coming from one of two things: 1) people outside of the school district who love to see Johnson Central lose at anything. I don't understand the hatred toward that school system, but it is there, and 2) people inside the school system who have their own agendas and are only trying to cause turmoil for whatever their personal reasons may be. Coaches are human as are players. Let the man coach. He made one mistake - let it go. From what I've read and heard, Meek had multiple chances over the past two years. You people need to support the basketball, baseball and other teams just as you have the football team. Take pride in all of JCHS sports - not just those that may be winning at the time.
This coming from a JC graduate and supporter, the JC basketball program will always have political agendas and administrative agendas involved with the program. Starnes is the same coach that last year took a mediocre team at best and won a region that was very balanced from top to bottom. Now with one more year under his belt, the outside forces want to stick there two cents in on the subject and tell him who is going to play and how to run his team. I dont blame the man for wanting to leave this program but for the kids sake has chosen to stick it out.
Rightfully so, "politics" maybe involved. But, what school, who puts a lot into athletics and expects to win, doesn't have "politics" involved. That is simply the nature of coaching. Believe it or not, it doesn't just happen here in Johnson County. If there were no "politics" involved coaches would spend countless years coaching in the same position at the same school. Further, those that choose to walk to the beat of there own drum and do things they see fit seem to be able to hang around (i.e. Coach Runyon) A coach should have tough skin and do his/her job the way they see fit. If it doesn't work out at one school, they can always choose to try somewhere else!
ducky Wrote:Starn's has brought more turmoil than Meeks ever thought about bringing. How can you honestly get on here and applaud Starn's and on the other hand make Meeks sound like an outlaw. Who's the adult in this picture?? I rest my case. Starn's is the problem with this scenario and the entire 15th REGION IS WELL AWARE OF THIS!!! Answer this, Why is their only 14 players in the entire program??Is that Meek's fault?? Again, I rest my case and I won't respond to this thread again.
:1: No one was complaining last year about Starns and the team. Everyone is HAPPY when (winning).Starns is the adult and he has his rules and will not put up with bull---- .That is why he only has 14 players because the kids don't like rules. A coach has to have these in order for the kids to know that he will not tolerate bad behavior. If everyone posting this stuff is from the 15 region no wonder the kids have attitudes and don't like discipline!:Cheerlead I'm cheering for Starns hang in there buddy
you know me! Wrote:Starns quit on Saturday. He came back on Monday. Do you think he should be allowed back? I personally don't, because of past issues about players who quit. I have heard a lot of the players didn't want him back either.
:letsparty

Yes, he should be allowed to come back.The players wanted him back and so did members on the board.So party on Coach Starns and play Ball
As I see it once tou walk out on someone they shouldnt be allowed to come back and IDC who they are...