Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 30 Mercer County 14
Final
Way to go Cardinals!
bump
Congrats to Cards
Congrats Cards! I honestly thought this would be closer after Mercer pulled out the win against Rock!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats Wayne, don't be surprised if you see a huge upset next week in Monticello.
Congrats to the Cards and Coach Thompson
Cards are were we predicted in August.
Congratulations Wayne County :Cheerlead tough game next week. :popcorn:
Congrats to the Cards and a great atmosphere "Between the Hedges" of Jewell Field as Wayne County notched their third regional championship in four years. German Ruiz was outstanding with 19 carries for 121 yards, subbing for the injured Dalton Garner, while Lorenzo Linsey has put up back to back All-State efforts. Tonight he was 10/18 for 117 yards passing with a TD and also rushed 25 times for 104 yards and two scores. The past two weeks the junior has accounted for 9 TDs without a turnover. Wayne County gave a tremendous effort on defense as well, limiting the Titans to 7 points, until Mercer stuck one in with :25 to close the gap to 30-14. Junior linebacker Clay Shelton led the charge with 15 total tackles.
The win improved Wayne County's seniors victory total to 41, which is a school record. Lots to be proud of in this one tonight, as this was a trademark Shawn Thompson team effort. Lots of ground and pound, not flashy, but extremely effective on offense and a stingy, aggressive unit on defense.
Up next for the Cards a trip to Johnson Central, in a rematch of last year's Class 4A state semifinals. Happy Thanksgiving and as a Fan Of Jewell Field I'm not sure the old ball-yard ever looked any better!
Very impressive win for the cardinals . I have had the opportunity to follow these kids all year . I'm so happy for them. They really have it going on and are playing together. Congrats to coach Thompson and staff . Great job !
Redonthehound Wrote:Congrats Wayne, don't be surprised if you see a huge upset next week in Monticello.

That will be an upset bc the game will be played in paintsville.
Wayne has regrouped after some mid season struggles.