Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 41 Southwestern 27
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Ever what stats you used for New and Johnson I'd consider not referring to them anymore. You really had me believeing neither could play.

I never used any stats for New or Johnson. It was said that New was the reason SW won last time and I stated a simple fact....that he was on the field for SW's first drive and that I did not think he was the x factor....that prediction was wrong but I never said neither could play and never used stats for either guy. Just gave my opinion that New was not the x factor for PC and I was basing that on watching them play...New didn't play much on offense and had like 3tds before Fridays game how dare I make such a bold prediction. I understood his value to the PC defense but had not seen him perform that well on offense. Hence my prediction.
speakthetruth Wrote:I never used any stats for New or Johnson. It was said that New was the reason SW won last time and I stated a simple fact....that he was on the field for SW's first drive and that I did not think he was the x factor....that prediction was wrong but I never said neither could play and never used stats for either guy. Just gave my opinion that New was not the x factor for PC and I was basing that on watching them play...New didn't play much on offense and had like 3tds before Fridays game how dare I make such a bold prediction. I understood his value to the PC defense but had not seen him perform that well on offense. Hence my prediction.

:flush:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Posted By speakthetruth
I misquoted the SW QB has thrown for 2,200+ yards...

I misquoted the SW QB has thrown for 2,200+ yards on the year pretty good for a running team

He threw 5 picks in the 2 games verses a team "Pulaski County " that can actually defend the pas LOL!
jumperdogpete Wrote:Posted By speakthetruth

I misquoted the SW QB has thrown for 2,200+ yards on the year pretty good for a running team

He threw 5 picks in the 2 games verses a team "Pulaski County " that can actually defend the pas LOL!

Great. The games over... the dog is dead. Admitted my prediction was wrong and congratulated PC. All good things end. Worry about S. Oldham now French will get the warriors in the weight room return 7-8 starters on each side of the ball and see you guys next year.
I'm hearing a retirement party is already scheduled. That would be better than riding the ship all the way to the bottom I guess.
jumperdogpete Wrote:Posted By speakthetruth

One would think that an assistant coach would know a little more about the opponent, especially since it was your cross town rival and it's normally their job to scout the opposing team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm hearing a retirement party is already scheduled. That would be better than riding the ship all the way to the bottom I guess.

And others have heard just the opposite. Return 16 or so starters should be a solid team next year as well and with PC losing a lot may not be a bad idea to stay. We shall see but not sure the program is a sinking ship by any means.
speakthetruth Wrote:And others have heard just the opposite. Return 16 or so starters should be a solid team next year as well and with PC losing a lot may not be a bad idea to stay. We shall see but not sure the program is a sinking ship by any means.
How many more years are you going to say next year is the year, SW just cant beat Pulaski when it matters Ha!
The Ole man has not said anything to me about retiring, he'll be out there in a golf cart and megaphone if he has to. Plus his wife won't allow it.
I hope he stays -its been fun!
speakthetruth Wrote:Great. The games over... the dog is dead. Admitted my prediction was wrong and congratulated PC. All good things end. Worry about S. Oldham now French will get the warriors in the weight room return 7-8 starters on each side of the ball and see you guys next year.
you will not see me next year, I'll be getting my Dikins Cider in another state. I've decided to relocate to further my education.
jim rome Wrote:you will not see me next year, I'll be getting my Dikins Cider in another state. I've decided to relocate to further my education.

That's the best news I've seen on here all year!

:Wave::Wave::letsparty:letsparty:Wave::Wave:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jim rome Wrote:you will not see me next year, I'll be getting my Dikins Cider in another state. I've decided to relocate to further my education.
What grade will you be in next year?
speakthetruth Wrote:I never used any stats for New or Johnson. It was said that New was the reason SW won last time and I stated a simple fact....that he was on the field for SW's first drive and that I did not think he was the x factor....that prediction was wrong but I never said neither could play and never used stats for either guy. Just gave my opinion that New was not the x factor for PC and I was basing that on watching them play...New didn't play much on offense and had like 3tds before Fridays game how dare I make such a bold prediction. I understood his value to the PC defense but had not seen him perform that well on offense. Hence my prediction.
. How can you not know the potential that Jacob New had as assistant coach for the Warriors . Anybody who has seen New carry the football or receive the football all year knows he's pulaski' best option besides Johnson . Coach 's from pulaski havent used him a lot unless necessary because of his value on defense but when they need him they utilize him . That's why the big stats aren't there . As a Warrior assistant coach , you should have known better and scouted. You and your staff got out coached in this game . You need to shut your mouth and start studying film on Pulaski for next season ! Doesn't matter what you got returning . Pulaski has your number when it matters and that isn't changing for years to come . From sounds of it next year is only year where you will even be competitive for years to come . I think Larry is done and wants his boy to have a good start . Problem is Steven isn't Larry and ship will sink faster than it already is! After next year southwestern is done !
This was a good game. I was surprised SW squibbed it to Johnson on the second half kickoff....I am certain this is not what the SW coaching staff wanted. When Johnson took that kick back for a TD it was a killer ...I would not have kicked anywhere near his side of the field...if this was a player decision to do that, I am pretty sure he got an ear full...looked like maybe they were trying to onside it and surprise Pulaski....but not sure...it was a killer either way...
Johnson was not the only SW killer. It was also New, Hopkins, Cain (with a little luck at times), & the entire front line. They were outmatched across the board in my opinion. The "Truck" as the PA announcer referred, looked like a broken down station wagon in the 4th quarter at times. Edwards did Edwards things, but even he slowed down in the 2nd half. He's a great football player. I didn't expect either of those to happen to be honest. SW is better than they showed. Unfortunately, this was their last shot for a very, very long time.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Johnson was not the only SW killer. It was also New, Hopkins, Cain (with a little luck at times), & the entire front line. They were outmatched across the board in my opinion. The "Truck" as the PA announcer referred, looked like a broken down station wagon in the 4th quarter at times. Edwards did Edwards things, but even he slowed down in the 2nd half. He's a great football player. I didn't expect either of those to happen to be honest. SW is better than they showed. Unfortunately, this was their last shot for a very, very long time.

No argument here, overall, Pulaski was the better team. But in a 20-14 game coming out of the half and you give up a kick return TD by squibbing to one of the best players in the state...that is a huge game changer.

Credit the Maroons for making it to the semi's when few outside of themselves thought they would.
I hate to pile on, but to this PC team has a ton of balance and that's one reason Southwestern lost. Another just happens to be that Southwestern's offense was so vanilla in this game that they didn't help themselves. Southwestern had enough weapons to compete and took the conservative road to a loss.

If you are going against your biggest rival in town and playing for a right to stay alive and advance in the playoffs, you better be willing to open up the play book a little.

As for Fannin, the kid is a player but he cant be the only player. Hated to see him leave the game with an injury. I'm not around the program so I don't know the extent but the arm was pretty limp. I assumed a shoulder out of socket and hoping it wasn't worse.