Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
These two teams are head and shoulders above anyone else in 3A. My head is saying Belfry, but I'm taking Corbin at home 21-16 in the battle of the year. I can honestly seeing Corbin upsetting the Pirates and then having a letdown against Central in the finals. That's how crazy it could get.
Belfry hasn't played a road (excluding neutral) playoff game since 2013 Semi @ Bourbon Co, these seniors were freshman. They've played in enough big games to hopefully negate the atmosphere.
Belfry is 41-3 in November over the last 10 years. Pretty cool stat!
Of course it means nothing to November 25th, 2016. Belfry wants to make it 42-3, Corbin wants to make it 41-4. The past 10 years, 15 years, 20 years... hell going back to our first playoff win ever against Corbin in 1966 or our first game in 1924.. none of it matters Friday night.
I'm going to show Corbin a lot of respect. The game is on their field. I hope Belfry's winning margin is much larger but I'll say:

Belfry 17

Corbin 14

Go Pirates!
Wildcat18 Wrote:These two teams are head and shoulders above anyone else in 3A. My head is saying Belfry, but I'm taking Corbin at home 21-16 in the battle of the year. I can honestly seeing Corbin upsetting the Pirates and then having a letdown against Central in the finals. That's how crazy it could get.

I agree with you Wildcat. My mind says Belfry, but Corbin has been prepping for this semi state match up all year - not that Belfry has not, I just think Corbin feels like they have something to prove - they feel like a team that has a chip on their shoulder. Plus, playing at home will help.

Not trying to take anything away from Belfry...but I will take Corbin in a minor upset squeaker.....
Belfry 50
Corbin 6
The Cross Movement Wrote:I agree with you Wildcat. My mind says Belfry, but Corbin has been prepping for this semi state match up all year - not that Belfry has not, I just think Corbin feels like they have something to prove - they feel like a team that has a chip on their shoulder. Plus, playing at home will help.

Not trying to take anything away from Belfry...but I will take Corbin in a minor upset squeaker.....

Revenge is a powerful motivator, but so is the pursuit of greatness.

This Belfry Senior Class is two wins away from completing their legacy and doing something no other EKY team has ever done and they know this is the biggest hurdle in the way of that.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Revenge is a powerful motivator, but so is the pursuit of greatness.

This Belfry Senior Class is two wins away from completing their legacy and doing something no other EKY team has ever done and they know this is the biggest hurdle in the way of that.

:truestory: Good point EKU!!!!No argument from me on that point!
I say toss a coin heads Corbin wins tails belfry wins they are both have a hot hand right now only thing it could boil down to is experience belfry is use to the pressure of being in the big games but can corbin handle the pressure
If internet message board confidence could win games..... Corbin and Belfry would be playing for the AFC/NFC championship hahaha. Just glad I already bought my ticket so I don't have to stand in line all dang night. Someone in Corbin should start an Uber, talk about making a fortune! Go Hounds!:nfl:
These Pirates come off the best practice of the year today one more to go and then we go take care of business the boys are fired up and ready to play
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:These Pirates come off the best practice of the year today one more to go and then we go take care of business the boys are fired up and ready to play

:Thumbs:
I don't know maybe 64 may know heard they may be special Assistant coach at the game Friday night on sideline of Corbin
Huh?
smoke1015 Wrote:You didn't start out slow. Corbin intercepted us on the first darn play of the freakin game. Scored within 3 or 4 plays of the INT. Casey came back and scored with great play calling. Corbin scored again their 2nd possession. Then Casey's defense really got going, big hits and well timed blitzes. The middle of the game is where that game became a contest. After you were in another thread running your mouth about a running clock by halftime (it was 23-14). Casey holds Corbin scoreles in the 3rd and fatigue and lack of numbers with our already injured starters, along with good plays by Corbin lead to their two 4th quarter scores. The 2nd score came on a stinken pass when we thought Corbin was just going to run the clock out with their ground game. Either way, you guys didn't start out slow then suddenly just take the game over for like 3 quarters. Belfry is going to kill you. Which sucks for us cause it means we are no where near in Belfry's category. I think that will make 2 of us.

Corbin toyed with your mediocre team. sad but true.
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin toyed with your mediocre team. sad but true.

Ill give Casey and Stonebreaker credit. He has pumped some life into the program and turned it in the right direction, and deserves credit for that. But, say what you want about the score, Casey is still no where on the level of Corbin. Yea you played with us for a couple of quarters, and it probably made you feel good about your program, and it should compared to where you were. But there was no way you were walking away with a W in any of those games, I'm sorry. No disrespect at all, its just a fact. We didn't start off good, you can talk about the interception and the scores on the first couple of possession's but that was just talent alone taking over, they weren't hungry or concerned at that point. Congrats on a good season though, I hope you all continue to get better because it only helps us as well.
hchs fan Wrote:I don't know maybe 64 may know heard they may be special Assistant coach at the game Friday night on sideline of Corbin

I don't believe it at all, but to cure my curiosity... Who did you hear it would be? hahah
hchs fan Wrote:I don't know maybe 64 may know heard they may be special Assistant coach at the game Friday night on sideline of Corbin

They will need the help they can get!
To hear you all tell it, we need to get Stoops down here, you know with all the D1 players you have. The video's I've watched on maxpreps just shows them pushing around people half their size. The ones I watched where it looked like an even matchup, probably shouldn't have been a highlight video. But I guess we'll see Friday. If I was that cocky, I'd make sure I was 100% right!
Does anyone know where we should park?
Hound05 Wrote:To hear you all tell it, we need to get Stoops down here, you know with all the D1 players you have. The video's I've watched on maxpreps just shows them pushing around people half their size. The ones I watched where it looked like an even matchup, probably shouldn't have been a highlight video. But I guess we'll see Friday. If I was that cocky, I'd make sure I was 100% right!

While that may be true, when your line is as big as ours, most high schools kids are going to be half our size!
Belfry 35-13..
most points Corbin has given up is 35 to Mayfield,17 to Casey this time ,and 14 to Central.i say its going to be very tight game unless Corbin has a couple of turnovers and Belfry scores off them and then the wheels may fall off.Have to go with my Pirates 28-23..if it was state finals game Corbin wouldn't score on the defense like the last 3 hasn't,lol
Corbin going to whip Belfrys:moon:42-34
Hound05 Wrote:To hear you all tell it, we need to get Stoops down here, you know with all the D1 players you have. The video's I've watched on maxpreps just shows them pushing around people half their size. The ones I watched where it looked like an even matchup, probably shouldn't have been a highlight video. But I guess we'll see Friday. If I was that cocky, I'd make sure I was 100% right!

Pretty funny considering the comments by Corbin in their local paper

If Haywood had players talking about smacking other teams in the mouth at the LOS to the media he would throw a fit.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Corbin going to whip Belfrys:moon:42-34

:Clap:
All Corbin all night long!!!
Smack em in the mouth boys!!!
Internet radio available for this one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Internet radio available for this one?

You can listen to the Belfry feed here: http://www.wdhr.com

Voice of the Pirates Bobby Norman and former Belfry Assistant Coach Steve Mickey.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next