Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
oldschool77 Wrote:Eat before the game. Afterwards, everywhere might be serving only crow if the hounds can pull off the upset.

Judging by the Corbins fans in this thread so far if they lose you might not want to eat there either because everything will certainly be extra salty
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Judging by the Corbins fans in this thread so far if they lose you might not want to eat there either because everything will certainly be extra salty
Before or after, I probably would not wear my Belfry gear when I ate. Eating in London might be a safer option but, you never know. Best bet might find a parking lot and tailgate.
oldschool77 Wrote:Before or after, I probably would not wear my Belfry gear when I ate. Eating in London might be a safer option but, you never know. Best bet might find a parking lot and tailgate.

That's sad
Any other year Corbin would be favored over any other team in 3A. They have a very talented team with all the ingredients for a state title, unfortunately Belfry stands in there way with one of the states top 10 teams and in some minds top 5. Lets call it like it is, Belfry is a beast loaded with talent, size, depth and skill. Corbin is just in that bad position of having one if not the best team to ever come through Belfry standing in there way. Corbin is good but Belfry is just the better football team at this point. I just don't see this Belfry team giving up a bunch of points, and Corbin not having the size to stand toe to toe for 4 quarters. The ground and pound over 4 quarters and having that size pounding on ya all night long eventually takes its tow. CLose one at first but Belfry breaks it open in big way.
I will wear all kinds of Belfry gear and I really feel safe doing it no matter where I am

I should have included I'm not crazy about BBQ and I don't drink at all.

I also don't like Cracker Barrel lol
Belfry0304 Wrote:I will wear all kinds of Belfry gear and I really feel safe doing it no matter where I am

What he is asking is if Corbin has a good Vegan salad bar place for a communist like him
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't see the margin of victory to be that wide. I could be wrong, we all have our opinions on how the game goes down.

One thing that I see that Corbin has the advantage in is that they are hungry! Belfry floats in on a 5 state title history. If the Pirates don't stay focused and disciplined, the Hounds could and will take this game.

I really think the game is close the first half, but the way Haywood prepares his teams, I think Belfry will be too much in the second half.

Can the Corbin coaching staff not do the same?
Belfry0304 Wrote:I've never been to Corbin. Give me some food options

What kind of food do you like?Smile
64, where are you? The water is ready for the truck.

Bubby"s and Smoky Bears both have good barbecue and catfish. I like Smoky Bears barbecue a little better. Especially their Jailbreaker sandwich but Bubbys is a buffet and has country cooking such as fried chicken cabbage and ribs too. David's Steakhouse is pretty good. A few good pizza places from cheap Snappy Tomato to more expensive and authentic Brooklyn Brothers Sanders Care which is the original Kentucky Fried ChickenSmile. A few Mexican places and I heard Wrigley Taproom in town has good burgers and fries but haven't tried it yet.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What he is asking is if Corbin has a good Vegan salad bar place for a communist like him
You Me Coffee and Tea might have vegetarian optionsSmile
oldschool77 Wrote:Before or after, I probably would not wear my Belfry gear when I ate. Eating in London might be a safer option but, you never know. Best bet might find a parking lot and tailgate.

That's bullcrap! The people of Corbin are much, much more respectful than that. To imply such a thing just goes to show how small you are as a person. Yeah there is some smack talk happening on this website, but Belfry fans have nothing to worry about when getting food to eat in Corbin. You will most definitely be treated the same way as ANY other customer.
I agree with Single wing. That's nonsense! Eat where you please, I doubt a single soul will do or say anything at all.
why is it always non Belfry fans saying something silly that makes Belfry fans look bad (we do that enough on our own sometimes), ignore OldSchool77 he's a JC fan I believe. No Belfry fan is scared to wear their colors and logo in any situation.

2 really great places downtown are the Wrigley Taproom, excellent burgers and many different beers. It's a farm to table type place. If you like Italian food Basils is excellent. Have eaten at both several times and never been disappointed. I have no idea how crowded either would be before such a big game, but the Wrigley has been packed every time I've ate there.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I will wear all kinds of Belfry gear and I really feel safe doing it no matter where I am

Not for sure if I can measure the disappointment I feel after reading this last line.:biggrin::biggrin:
bucslover68 Wrote:Not for sure if I can measure the disappointment I feel after reading this last line.:biggrin::biggrin:

I am honestly not sure I would ever trust a man who doesn't like BBQ or Cracker Barrel...
I don't dislike BBQ just not a preference
Cracker Barrel is the most overrated restaurant in America.
What's the younger generation coming to???
No he is not A JC fan!!!
3 days to go and still feeling good about this game. From what I'm hearing and seeing I still think Corbin by at least 14 but maybe more. These kids are more ready for this game than I've ever seen.
So sick of hearing how Belfry will wear us down. Finally got some more game film and the two "studs" #23 and #44 of Belfry really don't impress me. They seem to take plays off and tire down late in the game. We seem to much better conditioned and it will show. The fullbacks look thin and may not be able to take the beating. #10 is quick but he's small and will have a hard time handling the punishment for 4 quarters. And the defensive secondary is suited for our offense. #27 is quick to the ball but very very undersized to handle our passing attack. I'm actually more impressed with the belfry offense than I am with the defense. We will have our way with that defense. Still not seeing a way that we are held under 35 points and sure as heck can't see Belfry scoring more than 14-21. Pirate fans better get their dinner before the game because food won't taste good after the game.
Go Hounds!!!!!
pjdoug Wrote:Can the Corbin coaching staff not do the same?

NO
mysonis55 Wrote:64, where are you? The water is ready for the truck.

It will take more than Mayfield water for the for the puppy dogs to get this one
Not if we hydrate them enough. The well is magical this time of year. HELLO 64
Single Wing 77 Wrote:That's bullcrap! The people of Corbin are much, much more respectful than that. To imply such a thing just goes to show how small you are as a person. Yeah there is some smack talk happening on this website, but Belfry fans have nothing to worry about when getting food to eat in Corbin. You will most definitely be treated the same way as ANY other customer.

I agree. any team can wear their colors proudly and enjoy a good pre-game meal. We talk trash, but we're all Kentuckians. I love The Great State of Kentucky and the people from every corner of the state, even if some are delusional Confusednicker:
bucslover68 Wrote:Not for sure if I can measure the disappointment I feel after reading this last line.:biggrin::biggrin:

Cracker Barrel has something for everybody. its impossible to dislike it Smile
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am honestly not sure I would ever trust a man who doesn't like BBQ or Cracker Barrel...

I have to agree as bad as I hate to Confusednicker:
Redonthehound Wrote:3 days to go and still feeling good about this game. From what I'm hearing and seeing I still think Corbin by at least 14 but maybe more. These kids are more ready for this game than I've ever seen.
So sick of hearing how Belfry will wear us down. Finally got some more game film and the two "studs" #23 and #44 of Belfry really don't impress me. They seem to take plays off and tire down late in the game. We seem to much better conditioned and it will show. The fullbacks look thin and may not be able to take the beating. #10 is quick but he's small and will have a hard time handling the punishment for 4 quarters. And the defensive secondary is suited for our offense. #27 is quick to the ball but very very undersized to handle our passing attack. I'm actually more impressed with the belfry offense than I am with the defense. We will have our way with that defense. Still not seeing a way that we are held under 35 points and sure as heck can't see Belfry scoring more than 14-21. Pirate fans better get their dinner before the game because food won't taste good after the game.
Go Hounds!!!!!
bold prediction for sure.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:NO

I thought Haddix, Greer and Mills are great? surely they can prepare the Hounds for victory.
mysonis55 Wrote:Not if we hydrate them enough. The well is magical this time of year. HELLO 64

Thanks 55 but Corbin has their on supply of Corbin creek water. Confusederiously:
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next