Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
EKUAlum05 Wrote:After looking at it the past few days:

Corbin is going to have to play flawless defensively amidst their LB's and Safeties. If they tackle like they did against Casey County then Belfry will hang 40+ on them and score every single possession. Lots of bad angles and broken tackles. Corbin gives up probably an average of 75 pounds along the D-line so I expect them to try and be creative with how they attack Belfry. Trying to play it straight up and let the LB'ers read will be absolute suicide, so expect a lot of stunts, blitzes into the power holes, and plenty of bear crawling.

Offensively I honestly think Corbin will give Belfry problems. Patience is the name of the game for Corbin. They have to make every possession count and have to at the very least move the ball past midfield every time. They cannot get stuck in 3 and Out's or giving Belfry a short field. With that said, Corbin is capable of this.

Belfry has to make plays on Defense when the play is there to be made. If you have Sizemore dead to rights in the backfield you have to get home and either get a sack or force a bad pass as he is hit. No missed tackles in the backfield. They have to stay disciplined in contain and keep Corbin from getting outside on the read option or scramble.Most importantly, Belfry's star power has to be game changers on Defense. Force some INT's on deep throws, Horton and Bentley have to make big plays for negative yardage, and Wellman will need to play the best game of his life on each side of the ball.

The team that wins this is going to be the team that wins First Down.

I think neutral fans may be overestimating Belfry and underestimating Corbin, but Belfry definitely is the more talented, bigger, stronger, and more veteran team.

Belfry 38
Corbin 26

Close game throughout.

I agree with a lot of this but you all so got to remember that this is the big stage Corbin has not been there and and won every single player we have played last year except one these boys know what they have to do so at the first of the game Corbin will play good but as the game goes on they will push and force things and that's where it will go south for Corbin they will move the ball but as long as we don't give up the big play when you get in the red zone our D is tough as for our offence its going to be 5 or 6 yards at a time and in the second it will turn to 8 to 12 yards at a time and if our fullback gets a 100 yards we will every time I'm not going to give a score yet but Belfry wins
Messages In This Thread
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals** - by 99PIRATEFAN - 11-23-2016, 04:57 PM