Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 20(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
If anyone knows Braden "Boo" Sevier...they would know he meant no disrespect. I believe he is called "Boo" for a reason...mainly his kind attitude.

I heard it rained about 2 inches at the field this morning and it is a muddy mess...
There have been 3-4 Belfry posters and 1 Redonthehound who I think is a redonthepirate who have turned this thread in the wrong direction. I probably didn't help with my LOL on the moving the game...but I knew as soon as I read it that it was a rumor or probably a hope that the game would be moved....this would NEVER happen.

We love our Campbell Field at Nick Denes Stadium. I believe the baseball stadium at WKU is also named after the same Nick Denes.

There is a very good book written by someone NOT from Corbin, Gary P. West, that came out 3-4 years ago titled "The Boys From Corbin: America's Greatest Little Sports Town, gives you a lot of insight on our tradition.....
https://www.amazon.com/Boys-Corbin-Ameri...1938905237

What do the Los Angeles Lakers, St. Louis Cardinals, New York Knicks, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Furman Paladins and the Eastern Kentucky Colonels all have in common? They have all had star athletes who began their careers as Corbin Redhounds.
For four decades the 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's, Corbin High School sports were the glue that held the town together. For those who worked on the railroad, cut or hauled timber, or chiseled and drug coal from the nearby mines, football and basketball was a diversion from the daily chore of providing for their families. Sports were the common denominator that transcended economic levels of Corbin's citizenry.

Sports Hall of Fames are dotted with Corbin stars:
Frank Selvy Rodger Bird Calvin Bird Billy Bird Jerry Bird Steve Bird Roy Kidd Nick Denes David Selvy Fred Radar Mel Chandler Princess McBurney Jesse Grant Marvin Selvy Bobby Terrell Curly Selvy Edd Selvy Ted Meadors Jerry Smith Bob Barton Tommy Adkins Bob Coleman Marion Cluggish Curt Selvy

There are others who were prep All-Americans, college All-Americans, NBA and NFL all-stars. The Boys from Corbin America s Greatest Little Sports Town is not just a story . . . it s a phenomenon.

And it extends beyond those years...80's, 90's and beyond
Well, today is the day! Tonight we'll see who goes on. I hope for an injury-free game for both teams and that each player and their family will learn something positive from this contest.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and will enjoy a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. God bless everyone of you!
I for one have enjoyed all the back and forth. I think these fan bases are probably much more alike than different. When you talk about the "Friday Night Lights" type of towns in KY, these two schools should appear on that list every time. Even though Corbin has not had all the recent championship success that Belfry has, they remain one of the giant small town programs in this state. The historic names that have come through Corbin rank right up there with most schools. Anyone who thinks Haddix will not have success at Corbin is crazy. I don't know him personally, but I know people who do and I know his passion and creativity and desire and love for HS football will get Corbin back toward the top. I have had the opportunity to watch football in many of the stadiums in eastern KY, but crazy as it is, I have never been to Campbell Field. I look foreward to it and I know it's gonna be a great atmosphere and great game. Safe travels, safe play, and remember to be thankful for days and nights like these.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Through the first 6-7 pages the only disrespectful thing you could come up with is someone saying they would let people park in their yard for $20...

That was not the only thing I came up with. I ask to read the entire page 4, just page 4. There was just as much disrespect coming from Corbin as there was from Belfry, that was my point. You asked me to find it and prove it and I did. So now your saying it's a Belfry fan acting like a Corbin can. As I said, it has went both ways. As far as the remarks you quoted, you took them out of text and didn't quote why they where poster. I'm done brother. You've seen it your way and I've seen it mine, no hard feeling and I hope for a great game win lose or draw and will cheer for the team that wins in the end in the State game.
My daddy could whip your daddy
I've seen a lot of threads this year. This is the first one I've seen anyone take shots at someone who is blind, and talk about wanting to scrap in the parking lot of wal mart. But if that's what makes you feel good, then keep typing. Just know, it makes you look small and juvenile.

As for the game, Belfry is and should be favored heavily. But, as with the rest of life, nothing is guaranteed when the lights go on. Good luck and safe travels.
Not sure why I'm being questioned about which team I support but this is the last time I'll address it. Really don't care from this point forward. I will be at the game Friday night, I'll be standing in my usual spot and I openly give anyone the invite to come up to me and question my love for Corbin. PM me and I'll tell you exactly where. If it's a fellow Corbin fan that doubts me then come see me, if it's a Belfry fan that doesn't like what I have to say then come see me. So there's your opportunity guys. I'm about sick of being questioned about this. My family has been blessed to be a part of the Corbin tradition for a long time. My father and myself both played for Corbin, my oldest son was lucky enough to play 4 years here, my youngest is in middle school here and a "very" "very" close relative was part of the basketball teams '91 region championship. So just stop it.
This has been fun and I'm sorry if I've ticked anyone off. I understand my predictions may seem far off and it's mainly to get at the Pirates. But I still see the Hounds winning by 2tds.
So I'm out until after the game. Again feel free to make an appointment to meet me, I'll be there.
I have a map of Kentucky on my wall with a stick pin every place I've watched a game. Looking forward to adding a new pin tonight. Go Pirates!
Does anyone know when they will actually start letting people in the stadium?
Belfry0304 Wrote:I have a map of Kentucky on my wall with a stick pin every place I've watched a game. Looking forward to adding a new pin tonight. Go Pirates!

Do you really?
campbellfield Wrote:There have been 3-4 Belfry posters and 1 Redonthehound who I think is a redonthepirate who have turned this thread in the wrong direction. I probably didn't help with my LOL on the moving the game...but I knew as soon as I read it that it was a rumor or probably a hope that the game would be moved....this would NEVER happen.

We love our Campbell Field at Nick Denes Stadium. I believe the baseball stadium at WKU is also named after the same Nick Denes.

There is a very good book written by someone NOT from Corbin, Gary P. West, that came out 3-4 years ago titled "The Boys From Corbin: America's Greatest Little Sports Town, gives you a lot of insight on our tradition.....
https://www.amazon.com/Boys-Corbin-Ameri...1938905237

What do the Los Angeles Lakers, St. Louis Cardinals, New York Knicks, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, Furman Paladins and the Eastern Kentucky Colonels all have in common? They have all had star athletes who began their careers as Corbin Redhounds.
For four decades the 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's, Corbin High School sports were the glue that held the town together. For those who worked on the railroad, cut or hauled timber, or chiseled and drug coal from the nearby mines, football and basketball was a diversion from the daily chore of providing for their families. Sports were the common denominator that transcended economic levels of Corbin's citizenry.

Sports Hall of Fames are dotted with Corbin stars:
Frank Selvy Rodger Bird Calvin Bird Billy Bird Jerry Bird Steve Bird Roy Kidd Nick Denes David Selvy Fred Radar Mel Chandler Princess McBurney Jesse Grant Marvin Selvy Bobby Terrell Curly Selvy Edd Selvy Ted Meadors Jerry Smith Bob Barton Tommy Adkins Bob Coleman Marion Cluggish Curt Selvy

There are others who were prep All-Americans, college All-Americans, NBA and NFL all-stars. The Boys from Corbin America s Greatest Little Sports Town is not just a story . . . it s a phenomenon.

And it extends beyond those years...80's, 90's and beyond

Any history on Nick Denes?
The Spread Wrote:I've seen a lot of threads this year. This is the first one I've seen anyone take shots at someone who is blind, and talk about wanting to scrap in the parking lot of wal mart. But if that's what makes you feel good, then keep typing. Just know, it makes you look small and juvenile.

As for the game, Belfry is and should be favored heavily. But, as with the rest of life, nothing is guaranteed when the lights go on. Good luck and safe travels.

When the lights go off the party's over for the pirates and the hounds are still celebrating :1::wenumber1
First of all what can say about this thread I would like to say everybody was just having a little fun I was if you got your feelings hurt I'm sorry but as far as the game your revenge tour is over this game will be played on the field not on bluegrass rivals so Belfry punches there ticket back to Bowling Green
Today's weather is the complete opposite of yesterday. Cold and rainy this morning
Perfect football weather. It felt like spring yesterday. Today it's probably only 45 and rainy. Good stuff
I hope Corbin got a good nights sleep. Gonna be a long night tonight.
Belfry 35
Corbin 21
https://www.thenewsjournal.net/corbins-rich-history/ Corbin has a long history of big-time wins at home , and have a real shot at winning this one , too.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Today's weather is the complete opposite of yesterday. Cold and rainy this morning

We sure need the rain with all the fires around.
turtle32 Wrote:Does anyone know when they will actually start letting people in the stadium?

It's usually and hour to hour and half before kickoff. I would say 6pm if I had to guess.
pjdoug Wrote:When the lights go off the party's over for the pirates and the hounds are still celebrating :1::wenumber1

Oh if it could only be that easy for the puppies to bad reality will set in on them

:truestory:
I recommend getting off exit 25 instead of 29 if you know where you're going. Much better to drive through town IMO.
Will it be streamed radio online?
turtle32 Wrote:Will it be streamed radio online?

www.wdhr.com

Starting about 7:15
What time does the shuttle begin picking up from Depot Street?
64SUR Wrote::howdy::howdy::howdy: Belfry Fans welcome to Corbin good luck on parking :lmao:

Corbin 42
Belfry 41

Man am I dreaming or what. :Cheerlead

Nothing has changed after a week on my predictions still dreaming, David will take down Goliath...................:problemgirl::problemgirl:
waughdaddy59 Wrote:Do you really?

I'll post a pic tomorrow
you wanted this Corbin and at 7:30 tonight you will will get what you ask for...talk is cheap and to be the man you must beat the man...Belfry wins by a rather comfortable margin
BelfryPride Wrote:What time does the shuttle begin picking up from Depot Street?

I honestly wouldn't know. Either way, depot street is just a short walk from the field anyways. It's literally less than half a mile.
You can walk on sidewalks the whole way there
Belfry-21
Corbin-28
  •  Previous
  • 20(current)
  • Next