Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green @ Fern Creek 11/25
Thoughts?
What a remarkable run Bowling Green has been on since 2011.

BG will be 87-3 during that stretch with 5 state titles if they finish out these next two weeks like they should.

Their only hiccup was an upset loss to Graves County in 2014 that led to Pulaski winning the only state title since that time that didn't have BG on it.

The only other two losses were to St. X and the Mccallie School in TN.

Just ridiculous numbers. IMO, they have, without a doubt, been the most impressive and best KY high school football team in that time frame.

I spend a lot of time in BG and have had the privilege of watching some of these teams. Ive never seen any better.

Gotta respect what Wallace has accomplished there. He hasn't lost more than three games in a season since 2002. That's ridiculous numbers. Has to be the most wins in that time period.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What a remarkable run Bowling Green has been on since 2011.

BG will be 87-3 during that stretch with 5 state titles if they finish out these next two weeks like they should.

Their only hiccup was an upset loss to Graves County in 2014 that led to Pulaski winning the only state title since that time that didn't have BG on it.

The only other two losses were to St. X and the Mccallie School in TN.

Just ridiculous numbers. IMO, they have, without a doubt, been the most impressive and best KY high school football team in that time frame.

I spend a lot of time in BG and have had the privilege of watching some of these teams. Ive never seen any better.

Gotta respect what Wallace has accomplished there. He hasn't lost more than three games in a season since 2002. That's ridiculous numbers. Has to be the most wins in that time period.

It sure has been a fun ride for Bowling Green fans. Coach Wallace and his staff have done a tremendous job. It's not just in football, though. The entire athletic department is flourishing. Last year nine teams won region titles, including baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. The football team is just on another level and looks to stay that way. They will just reload after this season as several talented classes wait for their turn. On a side note, running back Jamal Car others became the Purples all time leading scorer in football. He's having a great year and is headed to Navy next year. Don't bet against this group of Purples. They are really good this year.
Thoughts and predictions?
Bowling Green beat Fern Creek 21-0 last year in the state semifinal. I think it will be similar this year. Purples 35-7.
BG big
BG by 16
adopted purple Wrote:It sure has been a fun ride for Bowling Green fans. Coach Wallace and his staff have done a tremendous job. It's not just in football, though. The entire athletic department is flourishing. Last year nine teams won region titles, including baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. The football team is just on another level and looks to stay that way. They will just reload after this season as several talented classes wait for their turn. On a side note, running back Jamal Car others became the Purples all time leading scorer in football. He's having a great year and is headed to Navy next year. Don't bet against this group of Purples. They are really good this year.

It has been a remarkable run.
The move to 6 classes has been very kind to BG as well. There just isn't any competition in 5A close to them right now. There might be one or two teams a year that give them a little scare, but it just hasn't happened.
I would sure like to see those Colonels get a chance to make the finals someday. My little cousin played on the Whitley County girls basketball state championship team. That was fun.
It would appear that BG has been sleep walking in the first half of the last 2 games. They need to fix that quick.
mysonis55 Wrote:It would appear that BG has been sleep walking in the first half of the last 2 games. They need to fix that quick.

Yeah, theres no way Christian and Owensboro are just top 5, 5a teams desperate to win.
You got to admit that BG should have rolled on them early. Heck there was Owensboro fans watching OC and Mayfield the other night on the Mayfield side. They told me they didn't want to travel to watch that butt kicking.
I really can't even believe Fern Creek made it this far.
mysonis55 Wrote:You got to admit that BG should have rolled on them early. Heck there was Owensboro fans watching OC and Mayfield the other night on the Mayfield side. They told me they didn't want to travel to watch that butt kicking.

And Bg flexed a little muscle and were up 50-14 early in the 4th
mysonis55 Wrote:I really can't even believe Fern Creek made it this far.

#1 Fern Creek is pretty good.
#2 CCH turned it over several times
Bowling Green 27 fern Creek 14
adopted purple Wrote:It sure has been a fun ride for Bowling Green fans. Coach Wallace and his staff have done a tremendous job. It's not just in football, though. The entire athletic department is flourishing. Last year nine teams won region titles, including baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. The football team is just on another level and looks to stay that way. They will just reload after this season as several talented classes wait for their turn. On a side note, running back Jamal Car others became the Purples all time leading scorer in football. He's having a great year and is headed to Navy next year. Don't bet against this group of Purples. They are really good this year.
Not trying to knock Coach Wallace, but when you are constantly beating teams as bad as Bowling Green does, it has nothing to do with coaching.
More like BG 50 FC 10.
:igiveup:Bowling Green 70-0.:igiveup:
I'd like to see the Tigers give the Purples a good game! But if their as great as everyone says they are I'll predict BG by 21.

FC is a solid team that impressed me against Dixie Heights. I hadn't seen team speed like that since the Dixie Heights-Trinity state championship game in 2014. So I'm guessing BG has equal if not more team speed than FC.

I'm tempted to make the trip down to watch this one! Hoping it will be a good game and not a blowout...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I wouldn't make that trip. It's gonna be very one sided.
Id guess this may be the one of the more 1 sided games this weekend.