Poll: Who Wins It?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
53.66%
Hazard
46.34%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Hazard **1A State Semi Finals**
Who Wins it? :redboxer:
looks like Hazard is going back to Bowling Green Confusednicker:
Not so fast my friend!! Lol!!
Well, I have said all year that the Rams and Tigers were playing eachother for the "Real State Title", not just me, but many others as well. Word must have got down to Hazard on that, bc they completely shut Pikeville down. i have massive respect for both programs ans tbh, could care less who wins, I think Paintsville peaked a couple weeks early, imo. The Paintsville team that I saw last night, didnt have near the intensity they had in the regular season. They're goina need 4 quarters of football to win this game. If Hazard can contain Phelps and the big play, they will win.

Which brings me to my next point. I have alot of respect for Chirico, but with all the tallent they have, Im not sold on their play selection. In two games agains my Rams, I may have saw 4 or 5 different plays, jet sweep, delay, iso, offtackle. Now, it worked twice last nice with Phelps 40+ yard TD and he had another 25-30 yard run. But he was kept in check outside of those two plays. I dont feel Allen is used enough in the running game and there's not enough variety. From what I have seen in two games against Paintsville, they dont put alot of big drives together and punch it in. I look for Hazard to be a little more diverse, contain Phelps(no easy task) and win this game. Its going to take someone else stepping up for Paintsville to get to BG.

Hazard 28
Paintsville 21

Dawgs are peaking at the right time.
I think you are right Scotty, but after watching last night's game, I am pulled toward Paintsville. That was the best game I have seen all year!!!

I hope the Tigers pull it out.
It would be nice to see the Dawgs represent east again. I still think the title is Beechwoods for the taking.
Paintsville!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hazard bulldogs !!! Go blue and gold !!!!
Paintsville rolls on to BG
Hazard, Hazard, Hazard!!!! Come on Dawgs, do it for my late mother in law.
Skipjack Wrote:Paintsville rolls on to BG

Sounds like the same talk pikeville had.
I may be wrong, but think home field advantage will be the difference.
Hazard--34
Paintsville--30
I watched the Hazard/Williamsburg on WYMT last week. I was really impressed with Hazard's run game. Their Oline gets to their blocks and stick with it, making holes for the RB a coal truck could drive thru. Sounds like they did a fine job against a very good Pikeville D as well, I think WYMT said Smith had 38 carries over 200 yards and 5 TD's.

We gotta tackle. Plain and simple. Fight off those blocks, hit low, wrap up, swarm to the ball carrier. Watching Smith reminds me of Daric Pugh. He's big, strong, great balance, cant arm tackle him or hit him up high, he also has enough speed to break a long one. I couldn't tell by watching the Dawgs and Jackets on tv what kind of speed Hazard has in the secondary. If it is suspect, I could see us possibly spreading Phelps out with the Allen boys and opening up our pass game, be hard for Hazard to cover all 3. Morris is a good QB, just had an off night last night against the Rams. As far as our run game goes, some think we are too predictable. It's worked every game we have played. If the Oline does their job, it doesn't matter if you know what is coming or not, and this Oline has done a damn fine job all year.

This game is gonna be a war. Hazard has peaked at the right time and are playing some dang good football. I think this one will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Well, I have said all year that the Rams and Tigers were playing eachother for the "Real State Title", not just me, but many others as well. Word must have got down to Hazard on that, bc they completely shut Pikeville down. i have massive respect for both programs ans tbh, could care less who wins, I think Paintsville peaked a couple weeks early, imo. The Paintsville team that I saw last night, didnt have near the intensity they had in the regular season. They're goina need 4 quarters of football to win this game. If Hazard can contain Phelps and the big play, they will win.

Which brings me to my next point. I have alot of respect for Chirico, but with all the tallent they have, Im not sold on their play selection. In two games agains my Rams, I may have saw 4 or 5 different plays, jet sweep, delay, iso, offtackle. Now, it worked twice last nice with Phelps 40+ yard TD and he had another 25-30 yard run. But he was kept in check outside of those two plays. I dont feel Allen is used enough in the running game and there's not enough variety. From what I have seen in two games against Paintsville, they dont put alot of big drives together and punch it in. I look for Hazard to be a little more diverse, contain Phelps(no easy task) and win this game. Its going to take someone else stepping up for Paintsville to get to BG.

Hazard 28
Paintsville 21

Dawgs are peaking at the right time.

Dawgs are peaking at the right time for sure. I think what gives Paintsville the edge IS who they beat last night! The caliber of team that they beat twice this year in close ones that took not 1 but 2 of the best defensive stands I've seen in High School Football this year. Raceland is a VERY GOOD passing team with a solid Run game with strong lines and Great Run Defense! We need to also look at BOTH Rams TD's that were products of Paintsville special team! The long snap giving it to Raceland on our 1 and the punt return ran all over every inch of the field to find pay dirt! ZERO points came from a Drive down the field! This Paintsville Defense is NO JOKE! We all enjoy touchdowns but this side of the ball will win this game for the TIGERS! Smith will get some yards just like KP but They won't come easy!
I've not watched Hazard play this year. Traditionally they are a really good football squad. Like I said on a few other posts, I believe Paintsville is playing a caliber of football I've not seen in a while... They know that and it fuels them, they want to be put down as Paintsville High School's best team. Also they go into every game believing they will win. Great bunch of kids. They will be hard to beat no matter where they play. Go Tigers!!!
Sitting here watching replay of the Hazard-Pikeviile game and Hazard looking really good.
going to be a big test for Tigers playing on the road but so far they have found a way to win. P-ville 28-- Hazard 21
GO Tigers
I think Paintsville's lack of a quality passing game could hurt.
Easy Wind Wrote:I may be wrong, but think home field advantage will be the difference.
Hazard--34
Paintsville--30

Home field advantage does help a lot in state semi games because typically the driving distance! Most visiting teams fan base shows up a little light! This won't be one of those times! The amount of Paintsville fans that were in the stands last night at Home, will be in the stands in Hazard Friday Night! Think we're gonna see a couple things from Paintsville this Friday that even us Tiger fans haven't seen! This team is AMPED right now! Best Tiger Defense that I've seen in a LOT of years!
Ramcat77 Wrote:I think Paintsville's lack of a quality passing game could hurt.

Two games against Raceland.
7 touchdowns
4...via the pass..???
Watched the last 2 games for both teams and I like the match ups. Paintsville will only win if they can pass it deep every play. The defense is only weak to the deep ball. The short pass is something hazard defends very well. Hazards run defense is also top notch.

On the offensive side hazard will grind you down and as long as they stay away from fumbling the ball they will not lose this game. Their o line is to big and physical to stop.

Mark it down
Hazard 35
Paintsville 21
This is nothing against Raceland at all, but I found myself really rooting for Paintsville last night. There is one thing that sort of bothers me about that game though. Paintsville's defense was solid and consistent in the first half, but it went down some in the second half. If they are going to beat Hazard, they have to be consistent for both halves of the game.
Granny Bear Wrote:This is nothing against Raceland at all, but I found myself really rooting for Paintsville last night. There is one thing that sort of bothers me about that game though. Paintsville's defense was solid and consistent in the first half, but it went down some in the second half. If they are going to beat Hazard, they have to be consistent for both halves of the game.

Hazards are sometimes slow starters and more of a second half team. I personally hope they play the same way.
Hazard_dad Wrote:Hazards are sometimes slow starters and more of a second half team. I personally hope they play the same way.

If their slow to start in this one they may find themselves in too big of a hole to climb out of the 2nd half!
I'm gonna go with the tigers in a close one. One mistake and phelps is gone.
Just watched film of last nights Pikeville/Hazard game and there's no denying that they look good. I will also say that Pikeville must have gotten some bad water or something because they weren't playing like a Pikeville team normally does either. Many contributing factors as to why this game the way it did but aside from stating the obvious (Corey Smith had a monster of a game), Hazard's Line outplayed every lineman on Pikeville's squad last night, and Hazard's line will not be able to do that to Paintsville's guys up front. Also, Pikeville had a complete lack of an offense last night. There line was beaten so bad on evey snap that Charles had absolutely no chance at getting anything. I truly believe that while Corey Smith may be the best running back we have faced thus far, Kent Phelps is certainly the best back they have faced. Momentum is huge in the playoffs, but It will take more than some momentum coming off of last nights game to put the tigers under. I think Phelps will put this one away earlier than anyone expects, or it will be a bitter brawl till the final whistle.
Paintsville 28-24
swampdonkey Wrote:Just watched film of last nights Pikeville/Hazard game and there's no denying that they look good. I will also say that Pikeville must have gotten some bad water or something because they weren't playing like a Pikeville team normally does either. Many contributing factors as to why this game the way it did but aside from stating the obvious (Corey Smith had a monster of a game), Hazard's Line outplayed every lineman on Pikeville's squad last night, and Hazard's line will not be able to do that to Paintsville's guys up front. Also, Pikeville had a complete lack of an offense last night. There line was beaten so bad on evey snap that Charles had absolutely no chance at getting anything. I truly believe that while Corey Smith may be the best running back we have faced thus far, Kent Phelps is certainly the best back they have faced. Momentum is huge in the playoffs, but It will take more than some momentum coming off of last nights game to put the tigers under. I think Phelps will put this one away earlier than anyone expects, or it will be a bitter brawl till the final whistle.

I tell ya what I think, hazards size up front is going to put paintsville 5 yards back every play. They're big, strong, and I think come Friday they'll prove they want it more.
Hazard_dad Wrote:I tell ya what I think, hazards size up front is going to put paintsville 5 yards back every play. They're big, strong, and I think come Friday they'll prove they want it more.

You have no idea how concerned I am with what you think
Paintsville in a close game!
I expect this to be an extremely close game, but I just think it's Paintisville year.
  • 1(current)
  • Next