Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Christian Academy-Louisville**2A State Semi Finals**11/25
Thoughts and predictions?
Cards win but this one will be different than the earlier games, CAL will be a close tough game
CAL by a Touchdown Smile
MC is still hungover. Mayfield by 3 scores.
Mayfield by 14
Mayfield by 2 TD's... CAL will be ready to give us a game... I just dont think they can keep up with Mayfield's offense. Two very good coaching staffs, but I have faith that our coaches will have a better game plan, and ill take our athletes over theirs
Mayfield is one game away from going back home to bowling green. :ChairHit:

Mayfield 42
CAL 20
Mayfield
I don't know much about CAL. But Mayfield beat my Hounds. They are a top notch, very talented and athletic team! Well coached as well. Good luck Mayfield. I'll be pulling for you!
I hear it's not bowling green to mayfield it's Maygreen...
Anything on Kinser?
Mayfield has so many skill people it makes them impossible to stop.
Here is a little comparison:

Lit ratings used were as of 11-14-16.

CAL

Opponents combined record is 60-91.
Lit rating 106.8
Opponents average lit rating is 80.05.
Average score versus these opponents 38-11.

Mayfield

Opponents combined record is 79-73.
Lit rating 119.1.
Opponents average lit rating is 85.57.
Average score against these opponents is 47-13.

Sounds like it could be a good one.
Another thing that comes to mind is the beginners thing. Looking back since 2010, first time participants usually don't fair as well against the Cards. Look at Hazard, Fairview and Williamsburg.
Mayfield just brings waves of athletes. They are hard to prepare for because they will attack you so many ways on both defense and offense.
I have done some more math for you.

If you average all of CAL's opponents average scores it looks like their opponents average a game score of 25-29. CAL's average score is 38-11. That means on average CAL's defense limits their opponents to 14 less points per game than they normally score. They also score 9 points more per game on average than their opponents allow.

Mayfield's opponents average score has their opponents averaging 29-28 per game. Mayfield averages a score of 47-13 in those games. This means their defense averages holding their opponents to 16 less points per game. Their offense averages 19 more points per game than there opponents normally allow.
So using this formula, it looks like this:

If Mayfield holds CAL to 16 less points than they average, that means they would score 22 points. If Mayfield scores 19 more points than CAL usually allows, then they will score 30.

If CAL scores 9 more points than Mayfield allows on average then they will score 22. If CAL holds Mayfield to 14 less points than they average, then Mayfield would score 33.

In either of these scenarios, Mayfield wins.
May have to change my prediction to Mayfield by 21.
CAL by 7
I heard he(Kincer) will be reinstated, and we as humans make mistakes,but not the ones the refs made in this Owensboro game,I think action need to be taken
I think we get carried away too much when we start calling for action to be taken. I think he will be cleared. But, before you want action find out the whole story. I don't know myself. If these guys have done any college refing they may be getting rules confused. In college it can be an ejection. In high school it can't unless it's the players second personal foul or they threw a punch. It's easily fixed, but it's probably a mistake.
I can't believe this thread isn't getting the attention of more Mayfield people.
Action does not mean something bad all the time,retraining is action,verbal is action,as I stated and you stated it is a mistake that should be corrected to insure that it will not happen again that's all
I don't know much at all about this CAL team besides what I read on these forums, and they beat DeSales, which was not an easy feat by no means and will take a great effort from Mayfield to knock them off. Anybody got links to some video of this CAL team? I looked on HUDL and didn't see anything there. I just keep hearing about how big the D-Line for CAL is.
McCracken and Corbin both had big d lines. We still had more points on the board. I saw them in person. DeSales appeared down this year. They had no real big play athletes on the field. CAL had 2 players that you take away and they don't move the ball period.
Yes, I have heard that CAL will have the better athletes on the field. That is really hard to believe considering we have the best running back now verified to ever come through Mayfield, lol.
Not to mention a dual threat qb and 4 really fast recievers. 3 of those recievers are in the top 15 in the state in 2a stat wise.
This one's going to be a dog fight but I can't pick against this Mayfield Senior Class

I will go on record and say that CAL is my early pick to win the 2017 2A State Title

But this is 2016 and Arnett and Bright just win ball games.

Mayfield 20-14
mysonis55 Wrote:I can't believe this thread isn't getting the attention of more Mayfield people.

I don't understand it myself mysonis55, CAL is a very good team, maybe mayfield posters are all heading toward the border before trump goes in office. Wake-Up Mayfield Posters. :Cheerlead
I have been watching video of CAL and they are impressive on D, currently watching the Simon Kenton game trying to figure out what happened in that game, Simon Kenton's run d looks awful. I can't imagine that game was that bad of a fluke for them to only put up 14pts. Even good teams keep games closer than that.

Looks like CAL has problems with a hurry up offense, Smile