Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it a private school thing or something else?
I myself am a Christian and proud of that. I know I have been in Churches of several denominations, all Christian. I have never heard of any of them teaching the congregation to curse, call names or show poor ungodly demeanor. So, I have to think it's surely something else. I can think of several instances over the past years that dishearten me. Everyone here knows what team I follow and it's no secrete. I follow my team everywhere. I have noticed some of the worst sportsmanship ever when playing private schools. That is with the exception of the DeSales Colts who even in loss last year showed class. But I think back to 2010 in Louisville after beating a local private school, their student body comes by our stands with seconds left in the game and yells out our team name and proceeds to tell us we suck. Then last night before the game several cars came by to yell FU at us. Then last night the student section yelling Pu..ies at us.
Your dealing with kids 55.....don't forget that!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Your dealing with kids 55.....don't forget that!!

Yep!! Especially kids now days! I still have to believe we've got more good ones out there than bad ones!
Little arrogance with privates
^So do I!

I think, if you look hard enough, you will find good people and jerks in every fan base.

You are also seeing people, kids and adults, in an extremely emotional time too.

You guys know how devoted I am to the Bears. Well, I had to get a policeman at a game one time over one of our fans. Sometimes, liquor can add to the chaos!
Confusednicker:
It has nothing to do with private or public. Its people in general. This is an entitlement society. Parents don't want to raise their kids or have to work two jobs to survive. And the ones that are doing fair give these kids everything they didn't have as a kid just because. A lot of parents want to relive their high school years through their kids. It just a messed up time. I will even admit I've been guilty of giving my kids the best phone or high dollarbcloths because others have it even when it would put me in a finianal bind. I really blame it all on us 55. We have spoiled them and lost control of the car.
That's kind of my thinking. I just have noticed it more in the mouthing area, with the schools we have played that were private. I can't get over admin and parents alike allowing a whole student section to set together and yell "Pu..ies" at our players.
I didn't vote for Trump 55 Confusednicker:
Danville was playing a private school last year at the end and it wasn't the kids, it was the adults that had terrible mouths. Some of the Danville fans had to move to get their children away from the language.(everyone sat on the same side). I did notice some pretty heavy duty tail-gating before the game, so I assume it was alchol talking. In my opinion alcohol has no place around high school sports.:Shaking::truestory:
64SUR Wrote:I didn't vote for Trump 55 Confusednicker:

Not what I heard!!

I was told that you helped fund Trump's campaign!!

Confusednicker:
That is as bad as cursing me 64. You are always hollering to save coal and you voted for the dark side.
I get a kick out of watching the video of the Mayfield/Beechwood semi game that was at Beechwood where you can hear the kid in the background hollering "Mayfield stinks so bad"
Yes, as we are kicking the crap out of them. That mom needed to reel that kid back in. He messed up a big portion of that game video.
Last year, 2015, Mayfield fans filled the endzone and Catholic side.
2 Things that can't be denied.

1. Flashing headlights when Catholic's offense was on the field.(Bush League, but typical)
2. Fans were yelling and cussing players on OC sideline.

Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle Black. I have to bring it up because this thread is about more about Mayfield's hypocracy then I've seen any other program.

You know Trinity and Highlands have that swag about them that they really don't care if fans cuss them, cause they just don't care. Only Mayfield fan brings up being "Christian" and all the while allows his fans to do the same. Yep there's a problem.
It has nothing to do with private or public school. If you think that way, then you have not been to too many games outside of the school you follow. I live in Central Ky and I watched just about every team here in Lexington and surrounding counties ( Jessamine, Frankfort, Woodford, Clark, Scott Co and Bourbon Co ) and believe me, they are as passionate about their team winning and when they loose. I have heard profanities from student section and by adults. So the notion that only private or independence schools (because they are spoiled or privilege) and having BAD sportsmanship is wrong.
I'm not talking about a few crazy fans out of the bunch here. God knows we all have some fans that are a couple bricks shy of a full load. They will say things. I'm talking about entire student sections so that the fans on the opposite side of the field can here it. Trust me, it didn't bother the players, they won big in spite of the rain, refs and other team.
If you want to see how people really are, go to a ball game where their kids are playing and it will bring out their true colors.
It can be embarrassing. I agree.
I can't speak for all fan bases, but, I know it's not exclusive to Private schools, at least not all of them. I remember a few years back, being in BG when Ft Campbell knocked off Desales in the 2a title game and met several of the Desales fans at a local restaurant right after they had been beaten and they were nothing but class. Yeah, they were disappointed in the loss, but, they were still very proud of their team and very complimentary of the Falcons. You didn't hear any excuses, complaints with the refs, etc.. Ever since then, I've pulled for Desales except when they were playing my team, of course.
That was noted in my earlier post. DeSales was very classy last year in defeat as well. You are going to lose games in this sport. It can't always be because of the weather or the refs. Sometimes you just weren't the better team. That doesn't mean you were no good. The DeSales bunch seems to understand that.