Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down schools
E's Army Wrote:Belfry has benefited from the bordering West Virginia schools being horrendous. They do a good job in the class room and on the field.

Hmm I wonder if anyone has alerted the undefeated Mingo Central Miners, who are hosting a state semi-final game, and ranked #2 in the state as to how horrendous they are.

Good luck Miners bring it home and let's make Williamson the Interstate title town!
Administration!!!!
Leadership!!!!
Looks like the flood gate has been opened from prestonsburg middle to paintsville! Two kids have already transferred .
Must be following Donnie Ray.
THOMCAT Wrote:Must be following Donnie Ray.

You follow a leader. Boy what a leader.
:betterthanexpected:
Being from Floyd County, I can tell you most Floyd County kids leave the county for better programs. Mostof Prestonsburg's kids go to Paintsville or Johnson Central, Betsy Layne's go to Pikeville, South Floyd's to Shelby Valley and Allen Central's to Knott County. The programs in Floyd County are a shadow of what they once were while the local schools around them are blooming in either basketball or football.
Spud6 Wrote:I'll speak about Prestonsburg and the Floyd County area in general and the problem that I see is transfers. Kids and their parents are leaving the schools they started at and chasing better teams and the ability to be more competitive in sports instead of working to build something at the school they are at.

Sometimes you can't build anything when the foundations are already broken. And football is definitely the one sport that you have to build upon. A winning program starts when the boys are in early grade school & ends at the high school coaches. It's a shame that the athletes from Floyd co are going to other schools. But, you can't blame the parents or the kids. When it's this bad the community needs to take a LONG look at the programs who went from Winning to losing. There's a reason they are leaving. But, if they are just going down the river 10 miles it's not the coal. And I'm afraid the transfer issues are just starting. P.s. I hope I'm wrong!
2 down years. How long will Highlands fans put up with it???