Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Corbin 17
Final.

Corbin dominated for 3 quarters, up 17-10 late in the 3rd but the game is 4 quarters.

Corbin went for it on 4th and goal at the 1 toward the end of the 3rd and Belfry held. Then it was big play after big play for Belfry and im not sure ive ever seen a team unravel so quickly.

Belfry woke up and just took over like good teams do.

Congrats to Belfry. On to Bowling Green
Country roads have brought the state semi-final victory home to where it belongs.
Complete meltdown by the Redhounds, some people from Corbin better cancel their reservation in Bowling Green LOL.
Congratulations Belfry
Great adjustment by Haywood.

Haddix may be the best young coach in KY, but the old dog taught him a thing or two.

Corbin creates a war zone between the hash marks and Haywood adjusts to running his HB's and getting off tackle and the Pirates EXPLODE.

Ray Horton takes over on Defense and the the near INT's Belfry was missing early in the game end up becoming back breakers in the 4th Quarter.

Taveon Hunter looked like a man possessed and Cameron Catron steps up big as well.
I just want to know how far Belfry had to park the bus from the field. It sure took a long time for them to make it to the game.

Once again, Congratulations Pirates and the entire Pond Creek Nation! Bring back another one of those big ole trophies from BG!
Congrats to Pirates
Just here for the comments. Carry on..
Corbin played their butt off for about 2.5 Quarters and deserve a ton of credit.

Going to be the pre-season #1 with all these Juniors they have. A lot to be proud of, just once Belfry took momentum and the Pirates saw what was going to work on this Corbin Defense it was Katie bar the door.

That botched 4th and Goal may be huge. If nothing else the momentum shift was a killer.

Corbin had a great game plan and played their hearts out, but to quote The Wire "When you take a shot at the king you best not miss"

Corbin had Belfry on the ropes but could not put them away and then Belfry's big players made big plays.

Also big shoutout to Coach Haywood for making the adjustment to abandon the no huddle. Corbin was shifting down on Belfry and had the Pirates well scouted.. but going to the huddle definitely helped the Offense find cohesion.
Wow! Them big body's finally took a toll. Looks like one team was better conditioned. Haywood sucked em inside all night long then BAM! Here came hitting the edges and and game over! Defense finally woke up, and made Corbin one deminsional. They never knew what hit them. Congrats Corbin on a great year. 4 peat in sight!
This was certainly a game of two halves!!! Corbin dominated the first half and at one time, could've gone up by three scores.

Belfry comes out and dominates the second half....actually the fourth quarter. And they never looked back.

Great great game. I'm sorry one team had to lose!

Congratulations Pirates!! See you next weekend in Bowling Green!!
Awesome game. Hats off to ya Corbin. Y'all have a heck of team. Looks like The Hounds just wore down late in the game and Belfry took advantage of it. Mr. Hunter. And yes after tonight. He deserves the name MR. Was unstoppable. Big time defense in first part of game for Corbin but even bigger defense from BELFRY late in the game where it mattered. Let's go to Bowling Green POND CREEK. Let's get #4 in a row.
Belfry took over second half. Hounds made them work for it
Looking ahead, I gotta wonder if anyone can stop Corbin next year. But for now I'm enjoying this one.
I predicted 42-21 Belfry, so this is not surprising.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Yeah but Belfry was playing like Pulaski in the first half!!!
Corbin will be the preseason favorite next year as well they should be. Great team, but as you said let's enjoy this one. One more to go. Proud off the boys for not giving up.
Corbin is stacked for the next few years.

No reason they shouldn't be in BG the next couple of years
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin is stacked for the next few years.

No reason they shouldn't be in BG the next couple of years

Corbin will have the edge next year but Belfry and Boyle will be downright scary in two years.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Great adjustment by Haywood.

Haddix may be the best young coach in KY, but the old dog taught him a thing or two.

Corbin creates a war zone between the hash marks and Haywood adjusts to running his HB's and getting off tackle and the Pirates EXPLODE.

Ray Horton takes over on Defense and the the near INT's Belfry was missing early in the game end up becoming back breakers in the 4th Quarter.

Taveon Hunter looked like a man possessed and Cameron Catron steps up big as well.

All kidding aside (about how far Belfry's bus was parked from the field), Haywood did good! :Thumbs:
Congrats to the Pirates. Like y'all said, "to be the man, ya gotta beat the man". Y'all were the better team. Good luck in the finals.
Sometimes it ain't X's and O's its Jimmies and Joes. Nobody got outcoached tonight, right now Belfry was just a little better than Corbin. No shame in that.
bcpc Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates. Like y'all said, "to be the man, ya gotta beat the man". Y'all were the better team. Good luck in the finals.

Classy post man!

Ya'll had a great team and made a lot of Belfry fans very nervous. Good thing going on in Corbin.

I predict they hoist a trophy while Haddix is there
It will be Belfry and Corbin again next year, Corbin will be loaded, but look at Belfrys roster and there still loaded with talent. They will be loaded with big play potential. It will come down to coaching again and I will take Haywood 190% of the time. Hope Haddix had his pen and paper tonight because there were some notes to be taken. Such a good coaching job by Haywood. Believed in his defense, played about as bad as they could all night and was just patient that they would make adjustments and wake up. Offensively kept pounding it inside making Corbin believe they had things stopped, then hit the counters and sweeps with speed. Double dose of Hunter and Catron. It was over quickly.
It will be tough for Corbin to go to Belfry next year and get the win.
Definitely would have helped for the home field advantage to fall the opposite of what it is.
No doubt Corbin and Belfry will meet again at Belfry next year.
Who drove the bus from Depot Street to The Gate? I think she's hot.
Ohhh Corbin.. you almost had it LOL

]

Sorry.. LOL Had to.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It will be tough for Corbin to go to Belfry next year and get the win.
Definitely would have helped for the home field advantage to fall the opposite of what it is.
No doubt Corbin and Belfry will meet again at Belfry next year.

Belfry has some ballers back.

Hunter, Wellman, Varney, Fields, Cook all made game changing plays tonight and all will be back. Throw in Adkins who was lost for the season (hopefully he can return) and an absolutely loaded Freshman class that will be Soph's and Belfry will still be able to compete at a Championship level.

With that said, Belfry has huge shoes to fill literally with some of these 3-4 year starters graduating.
mrfootball03 Wrote:[YOUTUBE="Ya almost had it!"][/YOUTUBE]

Sorry.. LOL Had to.

:thatsfunn
Congrats Belfry TongueirateSho I been pretty quite on the predictions thread because of the Respect I have for belfry football......Now go to bowling green and bring back The State Championship to the mountains I so loved :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: And thank you Corbin Redhounds I'm so proud of you guys this was my state championship game tonight. :Cheerlead