Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
69.57%
Beechwood
30.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard vs. Beechwood (1A State Championship) 12/2
Thoughts?
Hazard beat Paintsville 20-7 in the semis.
Beechwood beat Russellville 35-0 in the semis
Idk how to predict this one , Dawgs big and strong up front so I'll go with them
Hazard. I've said it all year the winner would come from the East and I stand by that.
Imo, Hazard will bring home the gold this year. That huge O line will wear down Beechwood, and will continue to make holes for Corey Smith. The Blair kid can air it out as well. Strong D will be too much for Beechwood too. Hazard's not done yet.
HAZARD! No way that small Beechwood team beats this Force of a Bulldogs Team! Push'n for ya Bulldogs! Don't let me down!! Hazard Keeps the 1A state title in eastern Ky!
Give me Beechwood in a good one.
Beechwood
If the nazis are as small up front as they were last year....Hazard should win handily if they keep mistakes to a minimum....
Hazard by 7. Beechwood will make it very interesting. Two copachesd that have been there before. There will be no stage fright.
I dont think beechwood defense will be anywhere near as good as paintsville. That being said I see smith with 25 plus carries and over 300 yards. The hazard defense is solid and will make the stops. Hazard wins 42 to 17. Dixon with his second state title and this senior class goes out on top.
35-28 bulldogs on top.
Hazard WILL CONTROL this one from start to finish! The Beechies offense is good enough that their gonna make some big plays but NOT enough to overcome the size and speed of Hazard! It's just NOT there for Beechwood! That week level of competition is gonna show in this one. The East have to many tough battles throughout the season which also gives Hazard the edge! I ADMIT I watched a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM PLAY LAST NIGHT!
I'm going with Beechwood!!!And I think it's gonna get ugly for Hazard
Gotta go with the Dawgs !!!!!
Interested to see when this game is going to be?
It's Friday isn't it????and I think they have the schedule at times already worked out BAC
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It's Friday isn't it????and I think they have the schedule at times already worked out BAC

Times are TBD. All depends on the WKU/Marshall game. WKU could end up hosting conference championship again, which would be on Saturday. It screwed it all up last year, and probably will again this year. Just another reason to change venues.
Beechwood goes back to the top!

Tigers by 14
Redneck Wrote:Times are TBD. All depends on the WKU/Marshall game. WKU could end up hosting conference championship again, which would be on Saturday. It screwed it all up last year, and probably will again this year. Just another reason to change venues.

I agree....I would love to be able to watch some state championship games but my ass ain't driving to BG!!Its time to get these games moved to Lexington!
Can we get a poll in here..
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I agree....I would love to be able to watch some state championship games but my ass ain't driving to BG!!Its time to get these games moved to Lexington!

Morehead would be good also.
mysonis55 Wrote:Beechwood

You said this last season and Pikeville made Beechwood look like a middle school team. Beechwood better be Leap's and bound's better then last season because this Hazard team is a lot like Pikeville last season and just as good. Big huge lines and strong RB that will run around or over you and a defense IMO a little better then Pikeville's.
Poll added
Well 2 tradition rich teams going at it again. I have been calling this for Beechwood all year and I will continue.
Beechwood 35-21
Game is changed to Friday night at 7pm CT and 8 ET.
Do-double-gg Wrote:You said this last season and Pikeville made Beechwood look like a middle school team. Beechwood better be Leap's and bound's better then last season because this Hazard team is a lot like Pikeville last season and just as good. Big huge lines and strong RB that will run around or over you and a defense IMO a little better then Pikeville's.

Exactly! 2015 Pikeville and 2016 Hazard are very compairable! Only difference I see is #14 for Hazard! I think it's Johnson! Pikeville had some very talented receivers last year but Having this kid as a receiver is the advantage! Hazards other receivers are not to be overlooked either but As small as BW is I don't see them containing Johnson! We already know what Corey Smith is gonna do! Pretty much the same thing that Pugh did but keep an eye on 14 in this one! Hazard has a lot of great tools! Their QB is no slouch either. He can do anything he's need to!
I have not yet checked out Beechwood yet so I don't have a prediction but I can tell you that I'm pulling for Hazard to bring home the gold trophy
I'm pulling for Hazard too, but I'm afraid they have their work cut out for them!!

Go Dawgs!!!