Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
86.49%
Central
13.51%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central vs. Belfry (3A State Championship) 12/3
I will come out and say this, I have nothing but respect for Ty Scroggins and his Central team, this has been the tell of 3A for a long time. I've been reading bluegrass rivals for over 12 years and just recently decided to make an account. I hardly ever post and I just like coming on here and reading all the comment and basically keeping up with a lot of schools across the commonwealth. If Belfry plays as if they did against Corbin (not to take nothing away from Corbin) the first 2 1/2 quarters then Louisville Central will make us pay with big plays. Louisville has had their battles this year and has been preparing for this day since the start of the season. With that being said Belfry is on a whole another level, when they are clicking get out of the way, their scary good. If we come out flat, then I say Central by 14.... but I don't feel this is gonna be the case this week, I think coach will have a great game plan and we'll put in place and execute our assignments. I think belfry wins by 21-28 not going put up a score but Central is good for at least 14 in the big play ability.
Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm going to be as honest as I can in this one Central is a good team but I think if Lex Cath. Would have had there 1500 yard rusher and there QB we would be play Lex.Cath but we aren't so i think Coach Scroggins is a great Coach but I believe we win 14 +
will Central try to use same game plan as Corbin did?as it worked for most of the game.but they will be ready either way..Pirates win there 4th straight
Man Central has been playing some good ball as of late. I still say if Belfry shows up hot and plays Belfry ball they should win, but could Central be on the start of another big Championship run and get the upset? I think Corbin just showed that with the right gameplan Belfry can be stopped. Central always has an athletic stingy and fast defense. I think the big question is does Central have the size and endurance on the lines to not get completely wore down like Corbin did. Come on Belfry go have fun and make district 8 proud, represent the mountains and make history. I can't even imagine how exciting it is to have your home team in this situation playing for a championship. My Dawgs have been very close several times and our program is about to turn the corner with our new coaching staff and I would love to see my team play for one before I die.
I know they will probably have live stream but I'll be working at 2pm Saturday so I was wondering if I could watch a replay somewhere. Anyone know
The game will almost forsureadly be moved to Sunday. Western Ky will be playing Saturday now.
No stopping this BHS senior squad. The trophy stays in Pond Creek. Centrals team is great year after year. But these Pirates are special.

Belfry 35
Central 20
Central 28-14
Crossbones Wrote:The game will almost forsureadly be moved to Sunday. Western Ky will be playing Saturday now.

Per the KHSAA, the Belfry vs. Central game time has been moved from 1pm to 5pm on Saturday.

*Poll added to this thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
waiting for coachdad to join the conversation and add his valuable insight - he knows central like few others.
pjdoug Wrote:Central 28-14

You keep on wishing and we'll keep on winning
If Belfry does Belfry. This one will be over quick.
Tica Wrote:waiting for coachdad to join the conversation and add his valuable insight - he knows central like few others.

Hope he updates us on his son as well

Been trying to follow him. Was cool seeing him on Hard Knocks before the season started. If people don't know already his son plays in the NFL, something not very many dads can say in the state of Kentucky!

Wish nothing but the best of fortune and health to his son and hopes he has a long and successful career
Don't let last year fool you, Pirate fans. Those blowouts are not the norm. Central is, as always, pretty daggon good. Linebackers are scary good.
I feel confident

CENTRAL DEFENSE
- Central is lightning fast, probably one of his fastest Defenses, but not overly big.
- Very good LB's... they absolutely fly to the ball and come like crazy when they blitz.
- Not really the game breakers in the Secondary that you are used to seeing from Central.
- D-Line is decent sized but going to be giving up a lot of poundage and square footage to Belfry

CENTRAL OFFENSE
- Very good RB's that are skippery and also break a ton of tackles. Belfry has to tackle well outside because if these guys get lose then WATCH OUT.
- Not one of his best teams at WR, but the Baker kid can fly and is a homerun threat every single play. If coverage busts or he gets behind the Pirates it is probably going to be a TD. Absolutely critical Belfry plays smart football in the Secondary
- Central has a big Oline, very good size, think Belfry creates some issues for them though up front.

CENTRAL SPECIAL TEAMS
- As always Central is a solid team in Special Teams and well coached. Belfry needs to stay disciplined and make tackles and maintain their lanes because if they get loose it is a problem.

BOTTOM LINE:
If Belfry executes, protects the football, avoids penalties, and stay patient they should be tough to beat. Big plays are going to be hard to come by and Central gets sideline to sideline so well. I think Central will struggle to score if they have to put together long drives, but they have big play ability and rely on it heavy.

Give me Belfry in a very well contested game where yards come at a premium 28-7
What is "skippery"??
Granny Bear Wrote:What is "skippery"??

Slippery on skates
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:You keep on wishing and we'll keep on winning

:oooo:
Belfry by 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry!
I read a lot of posts on BGR and I must say it is very nice to see the respectful comments from Belfry fans regarding Coach Scroggins and his team. It is evident there is great deal of mutual respect between both communities, teams and players.

I would love to see someone do a documentary about this rivalry someday. All the story lines are there for a compelling story.

Great to see all the love between two programs that are on complete opposite ends of the cultural spectrum! Football is more than a game and brings people together that ordinarily would not if it were not for the sport!

I have no dog in the fight but I applaud you both! No matter the outcome both have won already!

Well Done - Top Shelf on both sides!!!

Belfry, 35-12....
The Cross Movement Wrote:I read a lot of posts on BGR and I must say it is very nice to see the respectful comments from Belfry fans regarding Coach Scroggins and his team. It is evident there is great deal of mutual respect between both communities, teams and players.

I would love to see someone do a documentary about this rivalry someday. All the story lines are there for a compelling story.

Great to see all the love between two programs that are on complete opposite ends of the cultural spectrum! Football is more than a game and brings people together that ordinarily would not if it were not for the sport!

I have no dog in the fight but I applaud you both! No matter the outcome both have won already!

Well Done - Top Shelf on both sides!!!

Belfry, 35-12....

A LOT has changed over the past 9 years, wasn't always such a mutual respect. I felt like from the first time we played them in 2007 to the second time in 2010, Scroggins real change of the culture had started to show.
Granny Bear Wrote:You were going to be here anyway!! Must see the Christmas lights!!
Confusednicker:

Unbelievable!! I've never seen a team fall apart that badly. Makes me wonder if there was something else going on, i.e. hidden injuries.

I have never seen them play; looking forward to it!!

Me too LeeCo!!
granny keep me updated like the last few yrs..
I just don't see much of a way that Central stops all phases of Belfrys game. I think it will be 35-14 ballgame. Central can beat them with speed, turnovers and that's about it. Belfry will be bigger, stronger, more disciplined.... The only fault I see to Belfry game that Central might can take advantage of is Turnovers. If you hit #1, #5, or #6 they have been known to cough it up. But, you still have to do it, they just won't hand it to ya. Hard nosed, very disciplined kids and style of play.
cuppett777 Wrote:granny keep me updated like the last few yrs..

My pleasure!!

YOU stay home!!!
(jinx!!)
As someone previously said I wouldn't have it any other way ,but at the same time this Central team can really be dangerous. Scroggins is an awesome coach and always has his players focused with a great game plan. They're peaking at the perfect time. Score comparison is useless. I believe it was 2007 Belfry beat a good JC team that had beaten Central by a couple of tds regular season. Only to lose to LC in the state championship.
With that said I'm taking Belfry 21-0
35-14 Belfry
Should be a compelling game. This is truly Goliath vs. Goliath. Central's speed vs. Belfry's size. The game will come down to 4 Keys:

1. Can Belfry Contain Central's edge game.
2. Can Belfry's Fullback's establish the middle
3. Can Central's DL neutralize Belfry's massive, athletic OL
4. Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers

IMO, This is where the game sits. Nothing more, nothing less. This group of Kids for Belfry haven't allowed an offensive TD in the last 3 Championship games. In fact, the only TD that's been scored, was by Central on a fumble, scoop and score two seasons ago.

If Central can get to the edges....that's going to put a lot of pressure on Belfry's LB's and DB's. That could really open up the seam's in the passing game for Central. Belfry has been pretty stout in the run game all year...so it will be interesting to see where Scroggins feels he can gain an edge offensively.

Strong tackling and taking good angles will be imperative for the Pirates.

In the end....I just don't see Central being able to slow down the Belfry offense. Too many weapons, too many options, too much size and experience.

Belfry 35
Central 7