Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
86.49%
Central
13.51%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central vs. Belfry (3A State Championship) 12/3
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Strong tackling and taking good angles will be imperative for the Pirates.

THIS, THIS, THIS. Every fear I have for Belfry losing begins with THIS.

The :53 mark of this clip is what scares me the most
http://www.hudl.com/video/2/36844/581e57...37e47017cf
EKUAlum05 Wrote:THIS, THIS, THIS. Every fear I have for Belfry losing begins with THIS.

The :53 mark of this clip is what scares me the most
http://www.hudl.com/video/2/36844/581e57...37e47017cf

As you know....laziness and overconfidence often breed poor fundamentals.....especially on a team as athletic as the Pirates. I do worry about taking poor angles though. It's not as noticeable when you're playing a Pike Central or Bath Co...but against kids that Central can put on the field...it can be a killer. Really wasn't something Belfry had to worry about with Lex Cath last year.....but in a game like this.....with potential game breakers.....definitely a concern.
Nice recap on the Hudl highlight there, if you're trying to depict the game in a fictional manner. Wth?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Should be a compelling game. This is truly Goliath vs. Goliath. Central's speed vs. Belfry's size. The game will come down to 4 Keys:

1. Can Belfry Contain Central's edge game.
2. Can Belfry's Fullback's establish the middle
3. Can Central's DL neutralize Belfry's massive, athletic OL
4. Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers

IMO, This is where the game sits. Nothing more, nothing less. This group of Kids for Belfry haven't allowed an offensive TD in the last 3 Championship games. In fact, the only TD that's been scored, was by Central on a fumble, scoop and score two seasons ago.

If Central can get to the edges....that's going to put a lot of pressure on Belfry's LB's and DB's. That could really open up the seam's in the passing game for Central. Belfry has been pretty stout in the run game all year...so it will be interesting to see where Scroggins feels he can gain an edge offensively.

Strong tackling and taking good angles will be imperative for the Pirates.

In the end....I just don't see Central being able to slow down the Belfry offense. Too many weapons, too many options, too much size and experience.

Belfry 35
Central 7
They will likely have to stretch the defense and use their speed to go over the top if they want to win.
Central is a good team but there not great there O line is there weak spot I don't worry much about them running the ball were going to have to put some pressure on there QB and make him throw some bad passes there Defense will get a few stops on us but there not going to be able to do it constantly that is what I've got from watching video we need good pass coverage this team isn't a Corbin I think we bring number #6 home
You know most of our starters was out at the :53 mark.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Nice recap on the Hudl highlight there, if you're trying to depict the game in a fictional manner. Wth?

I was thinking the same thing..

I am going to guess this is just a Hudl issue? That teams note plays as a TD's and if it doesn't have input from both teams it defaults?

Not sure...
This post has been deleted by EKUAlum05.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Any news when the game is now and where can I stream it
So when is the gameand where can I stream it
Game 6pm EST Saturday-- the radio stream will, as always be available from the WDHR app!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This post has been deleted by EKUAlum05.

???
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This post has been deleted by EKUAlum05.

EKUAlum05 Wrote:???

I saw some posts had been deleted on this thread........ just wanted to see if anybody (besides you) took the bait.
Some names and numbers to look for in this game for the casual fan.
Belfry
QB 6 Noah Corbett 321 and 9 td’s
RB 5 Derek Wellman 770 and 9 td’s
WR 27 Austin Woolum 163 and 5 td’s
10 Cameron Catron 5 int
59 Austin Fields 93 tak
20 Chase Dove 83 tak
Central
QB 4 James Simpson 1433 and 13 td’s
RB 25 Corey Johnson 1097 and 19 td’s
WR 16 Davon Hall 715 and 7 td’s
19 Quincy Baines 4 int
39 Luke Bowman 106 tak
5 Jonathan Dooley 92 tak
Iam4thecats Wrote:Some names and numbers to look for in this game for the casual fan.
Belfry
QB 6 Noah Corbett 321 and 9 td’s
RB 5 Derek Wellman 770 and 9 td’s
WR 27 Austin Woolum 163 and 5 td’s
10 Cameron Catron 5 int
59 Austin Fields 93 tak
20 Chase Dove 83 tak
Central
QB 4 James Simpson 1433 and 13 td’s
RB 25 Corey Johnson 1097 and 19 td’s
WR 16 Davon Hall 715 and 7 td’s
19 Quincy Baines 4 int
39 Luke Bowman 106 tak
5 Jonathan Dooley 92 tak
These numbers are useless. That's just my opinion tho. If Central beats Belfry I'll be really surprised. Gotta tackle three players at the LOS every play. Not missed tackles either. #5 will keep his forward lean, legs pumping and get 2-3 yards when hit behind the LOS if you aren't careful. Belfry isn't about big numbers, 3-5 yards per play is the way they are programmed.. demoralizing and almost impossible to defend. Ya gotta play tuff for 4 quarters to beat them and need to be a 14 point better team. The bigs up front along, determination along with the play book are worth seeing in action. The only thing that Central will have on the Pirates is overall team speed. Maybe a few better homerun hitters... I say Belfry 35 - Central 10
bcpc Wrote:These numbers are useless. That's just my opinion tho. If Central beats Belfry I'll be really surprised. Gotta tackle three players at the LOS every play. Not missed tackles either. #5 will keep his forward lean, legs pumping and get 2-3 yards when hit behind the LOS if you aren't careful. Belfry isn't about big numbers, 3-5 yards per play is the way they are programmed.. demoralizing and almost impossible to defend. Ya gotta play tuff for 4 quarters to beat them and need to be a 14 point better team. The bigs up front along, determination along with the play book are worth seeing in action. The only thing that Central will have on the Pirates is overall team speed. Maybe a few better homerun hitters... I say Belfry 35 - Central 10
Why is it useless for people to know some things to look for? Why is it useless to recognize some kids names for their achievements? You sound like a pretty negative person.
Hope to see Central pull this one out, would be an upset, but I believe they have a good shot at doing it.
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Any news when the game is now and where can I stream it

Belfry - Saturday, 12/3, 5:00 p.m. CT

Live Video: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/khsaa/e6d238070c

Radio: http://www.wdhr.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Belfry - Saturday, 12/3, 5:00 p.m. CT

Live Video: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/khsaa/e6d238070c

Radio: http://www.wdhr.com

The NFHS Network subscription is $9.99
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry 45 Central 20
BelfryPride Wrote:The NFHS Network subscription is $9.99

There were lots of complaints about this network last year.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I saw some posts had been deleted on this thread........ just wanted to see if anybody (besides you) took the bait.

It was I who made those deletions, Mr. Fiction.

And if you think THAT was something, I have access to a video showing a man falling with a ladder that didn't have the sense to scotch it properly!!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:There were lots of complaints about this network last year.

Yeah I heard. If the KHSAA is going to force people to essentially use Pay Per View, then they need to provide a better network.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Iam4thecats Wrote:Why is it useless for people to know some things to look for? Why is it useless to recognize some kids names for their achievements? You sound like a pretty negative person.

Ok. It's not useless... you can get the kids names, what they have done so far this season and tendencies. It won't tell ya the truth about what will happen on Saturday tho. Tendencies will change on both sides, and a different game plan may be in store for both teams. That's jus being real. Don't mean to be disrespectful when I say that. I tried to tell you why I thought the way I did in the previous post. I've witnessed both teams play in person and am not a fan of either over the years. But though experience, they have both earned my respect. They are great, and top notch programs and 2 of the best coaches in the state. Just giving my own opinion. Call it what you want. This game is about a competitive spirit this late in the season. It's not about names, numbers and stats. Al Davis said it best, "just win baby win".
bcpc Wrote:Ok. It's not useless... you can get the kids names, what they have done so far this season and tendencies. It won't tell ya the truth about what will happen on Saturday tho. Tendencies will change on both sides, and a different game plan may be in store for both teams. That's jus being real. Don't mean to be disrespectful when I say that. I tried to tell you why I thought the way I did in the previous post. I've witnessed both teams play in person and am not a fan of either over the years. But though experience, they have both earned my respect. They are great, and top notch programs and 2 of the best coaches in the state. Just giving my own opinion. Call it what you want. This game is about a competitive spirit this late in the season. It's not about names, numbers and stats. Al Davis said it best, "just win baby win".

Where exactly did you see me make a prediction or even use the word tendencies? My post was a courtesy for fans. If you look around you will see that I did one for all 6 games. Do you even know who I picked to win? With that huge chip on your shoulder i'm assuming you don't know.
The Outsider Wrote:Hope to see Central pull this one out, would be an upset, but I believe they have a good shot at doing it.

I wouldn't expect anything less lol I'll tell you what we'll do we will win it this year and next year just for the haters LOL
bcpc Wrote:Ok. It's not useless... you can get the kids names, what they have done so far this season and tendencies. It won't tell ya the truth about what will happen on Saturday tho. Tendencies will change on both sides, and a different game plan may be in store for both teams. That's jus being real. Don't mean to be disrespectful when I say that. I tried to tell you why I thought the way I did in the previous post. I've witnessed both teams play in person and am not a fan of either over the years. But though experience, they have both earned my respect. They are great, and top notch programs and 2 of the best coaches in the state. Just giving my own opinion. Call it what you want. This game is about a competitive spirit this late in the season. It's not about names, numbers and stats. Al Davis said it best, "just win baby win".

I never thought I'd be defending Bcpc, but I think what he's trying to say is numbers and names won't give you a lot of insight as to what you're going to actually see on Saturday. I think he's trying to say the stats will deceive you and all 4 guys in the back field are dangerous equally every play. Maybe I'm wrong about what he means tho lol
Granny Bear Wrote:It was I who made those deletions, Mr. Fiction.

And if you think THAT was something, I have access to a video showing a man falling with a ladder that didn't have the sense to scotch it properly!!!

Confusednicker:

Granny Beat watching me fall..... :popcorn: :hilarious:

I will say though.... nobody can take a fall like me and be as graceful as I was throughout.
Defensively 5/11 starters started against Central in 2014.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I never thought I'd be defending Bcpc, but I think what he's trying to say is numbers and names won't give you a lot of insight as to what you're going to actually see on Saturday. I think he's trying to say the stats will deceive you and all 4 guys in the back field are dangerous equally every play. Maybe I'm wrong about what he means tho lol
aaaaaaand I never thought I would go along with 0304. But he realizes what I'm getting AT. I never said you did make a prediction! I am also just telling the fans. Stats and numbers don't mean squat in any game if you are willing to do what it takes to win! That's why the game is played! To Win!
Thanks for getting my back 0304.