Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
86.49%
Central
13.51%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central vs. Belfry (3A State Championship) 12/3
Stats to me go along with the tendencies of the players and team. If a team has a halfback that gets 1600 yards for the season, a QB that rushes for 800.. then, a WR with 700.. my that means you run it 9/10 plays..... its no chip on my shoulder. It's simple logic. I was jus letting "the fans" know I have seen both teams and I don't think the stats matter. At the end of the day, you have to be able to tackle #1, #5, #6, #28, #10 every single play. Not get blocked by 4 huge lineman. And you can't let #44, #23, #5 go unblocked. It's not everyday that you line up at the high school level and play against 4-6 college players in the next season. Even Louisville Central can't say that. You need to play balls to the walls for 4 quarters to win. And you need kids who usually don't have big stats to step up.
bcpc Wrote:aaaaaaand I never thought I would go along with 0304. But he realizes what I'm getting AT. I never said you did make a prediction! I am also just telling the fans. Stats and numbers don't mean squat in any game if you are willing to do what it takes to win! That's why the game is played! To Win!
Thanks for getting my back 0304.

Do you already know the names of the central kids I put online for public recognition. Most people don't. I have done a public service for those kids and those people who don't know. You are having a hard time.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Do you already know the names of the central kids I put online for public recognition. Most people don't. I have done a public service for those kids and those people who don't know. You are having a hard time.

He didn't really mean you shouldn't have posted them, pal. He just meant stats don't tell the whole story. He's coming at it from a more analytical perspective, where as those numbers are good for casual fans.
This is all belfry fans need to know about Central. TongueirateSho

08/26/16
Corbin 20
Central 14

Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:This is all belfry fans need to know about Central. TongueirateSho

08/26/16
Corbin 20
Central 14

Confusederiously:

We know better than that 64, already been burnt once doing that with these guys

Johnson Central beats Central 48-29
Belfry beats Johnson Central 28-12
5-Loss Central beats undefeated Belfry 27-17
EKUAlum05 Wrote:We know better than that 64, already been burnt once doing that with these guys

Johnson Central beats Central 48-29
Belfry beats Johnson Central 28-12
5-Loss Central beats undefeated Belfry 27-17

I was at both JC games that year.... I really thought Belfry would blow Central off the field.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
So did Belfry
oops
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I wouldn't expect anything less lol I'll tell you what we'll do we will win it this year and next year just for the haters LOL

So you get mad and call people names because they would rather another team win than yours? I have been for belfry in the finals every year they have gone except when they played wayne county, just be good to see an upset and see someone else win in my opinion. Sure didnt mean to offend you.
The Outsider Wrote:So you get mad and call people names because they would rather another team win than yours? I have been for belfry in the finals every year they have gone except when they played wayne county, just be good to see an upset and see someone else win in my opinion. Sure didnt mean to offend you.
I like for pirates to be offended, and hope they loseConfusednicker:
The Outsider Wrote:So you get mad and call people names because they would rather another team win than yours? I have been for belfry in the finals every year they have gone except when they played wayne county, just be good to see an upset and see someone else win in my opinion. Sure didnt mean to offend you.

I'm not mad and I didn't call you any names I like it when people root against us that gives the boys a little extra fire most people in the mountains root for mountain teams if you don't that's fine everybody has there own opinion
Much love and respect to Central and their fans. This should be a close game. Looking forward to seeing some of our old friends. This is one of the very few 3A teams that has my respect and I actually cheer for anytime they are playing, except against us. Final Belfry 28 Central 14 in a very close game. This may be the first game in 4 years that Belfrys defense gets scored on.
Belfry 35 Central 21
proud44pirate Wrote:Much love and respect to Central and their fans. This should be a close game. Looking forward to seeing some of our old friends. This is one of the very few 3A teams that has my respect and I actually cheer for anytime they are playing, except against us. Final Belfry 28 Central 14 in a very close game. This may be the first game in 4 years that Belfrys defense gets scored on.

Good lord 44 Corbin woke you up. Go belfry TongueirateSho
belfry by 21
Jackets big !
Belfry 28-13. Bring another one back to the mountains!
[quote=64SUR]This is all belfry fans need to know about Central. TongueirateSho

08/26/16
Corbin 20
Central 14
but wasn't Corbin minus their QB, a FB and i'm hearing 1 other starter???
Mother Teresa Wrote:[quote=64SUR]This is all belfry fans need to know about Central. TongueirateSho

08/26/16
Corbin 20
Central 14
but wasn't Corbin minus their QB, a FB and i'm hearing 1 other starter???

Not sure about that

According to the KHSAA stats both starting QB's and all starting RB's seemingly plyaed
Belfry 28 Central 20 TongueirateSho
This is certainly Belfrys' year, and it would be a shock to see them lose, but that is why we play the game and don't award wins on predictions.
Belfry has an amazing group of talent that just doesn't come along every season and it would appear that they should dominate this game. But lets not forget they are playing Central who seems to always play their best when it means the most.
Both teams have excellent Head Coaches who know how to get the job done and how to make adjustments.
I still say Belfry rolls in this one, but I would not say Central makes it easy on them. Central will get in their punches, but the Belfry talent will pull away later in the second half.
42-21
This is a much calmer thread that last week, that's for sure.

Really thought CoachDad would chime in at least once. Maybe I missed it. But as noted earlier I'm sure his focus has moved on to other things.
Just wanted to say that Louisville Central always shows up to play against Belfry. I respect LC for that. Corbin (including the coach) called out individual players and these guys showed Corbin what they were made of. It made adults mad, but it brought out the beast in #44 and #23. Loved seeing them play the way they did against Corbin! With that being said, all those guys bad mouthing Belfry, please don't stop, it really riles our guys up and makes them play like their lives are depending on it! LET'S GO PIRATES!

'
64SUR cheering for belfry TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Hurricane Storm Wrote:This is a much calmer thread that last week, that's for sure.

Really thought CoachDad would chime in at least once. Maybe I missed it. But as noted earlier I'm sure his focus has moved on to other things.

I had to throw a fit!!

CoachDad hasn't commented. Everybody is wanting him to come on and tell us about his son, but so far it's a no show.
64SUR Wrote:64SUR cheering for belfry TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho

I'd be lying if I didn't say it kind of worries me having your bad luck attached to the Pirates
64SUR Wrote:64SUR cheering for belfry TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho

I'm with EKU. Go jinx someone else lol
Almost game day. Can't wait to see these two powers collide one more time. Has the makings for a classic. Hope the Pirates can get it done for the 4peat. God bless.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I'd be lying if I didn't say it kind of worries me having your bad luck attached to the Pirates

Go Pirates TongueirateSho
Well it's about that time again get up go watch practice get ready to head to Bowling Green safe travails to everyone today enjoy your triplets go take number #6 I Love these Pirates Go get'em #3