Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green vs. Pulaski County (5A State Championship) 12/4
Thoughts?
Pulaski has pulled threw just enough for 3 straight weeks.

What a run in the playoffs they've had.
Same old song and dance. Johnny Hines should be coach of the year. After losing a ton of players that had played together for years, he leads them back to the championship game. Amazing! Having said that, he will have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to beat Bowling Green. If anybody can do it, it would be Hines. This is four straight appearance for the Marroons. Much respect for Pulaski County. I still think the east was down this year and my Purples will win their 5th championship in the last 6 years. I hope it's a good game.
It pains me to think of what could have been had Whitley not went away from the pass against Pulaski when they were driving late in the game.

I expect BG to win this game by as much as they want, but you have to give credit to PC for fighting and clawing their way back to BG
The Maroons have made it this far, but they'll need to shore up they're first half inconsistencies on defense and get rid of the turnovers if they want to make a game out of it. If not, could very well be a running clock in the first half.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Running clock or not the senior class is making a trip to BG for the 4th straight year.. what an accomplishment.
With that said, I think the Maroons will make this one interesting. They've been viewed as the underdog all the way through the playoffs, not very often you see a team with the talent of Pulaski viewed as an underdog. They have perhaps the best coaching staff in the state when in comes to making 2nd half adjustments, so this one depends on how disciplined the defense plays in the first half, in my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
adopted purple Wrote:Same old song and dance. Johnny Hines should be coach of the year. After losing a ton of players that had played together for years, he leads them back to the championship game. Amazing! Having said that, he will have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to beat Bowling Green. If anybody can do it, it would be Hines. This is four straight appearance for the Marroons. Much respect for Pulaski County. I still think the east was down this year and my Purples will win their 5th championship in the last 6 years. I hope it's a good game.

And with all due respect to Jamale Carothers, Jake Johnson should be Mr Football without a doubt considering all of the state records he has broken this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ninja Wrote:Running clock or not the senior class is making a trip to BG for the 4th straight year.. what an accomplishment.

Without a doubt! :1::1::1::1: They're 1 of only 10 teams to do it in state history and the only to ever do it in Class 5A!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bowling Green big.
I hope it's good but I say BG by 35.
Bowling Green
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
BG big
Bowling Green by 21. Pulaski has been winning with smoke and mirrors. Purple has been winning with Johnnys and Joes. Great year for the Maroon but Bowling Green is loaded.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It pains me to think of what could have been had Whitley not went away from the pass against Pulaski when they were driving late in the game.

I expect BG to win this game by as much as they want, but you have to give credit to PC for fighting and clawing their way back to BG

I thought the very same thing!!
Hats off to Pulaski for making it back to BG again. That being said, this is the weakest the east has ever been in 5A. 49-14 purples on top.
Bowling Green by a lot!
Real Badman Wrote:Bowling Green by a lot!

You really went out on a limb on that pick didn't you dummy.
Bowling Green may very well win this game by a wide margin, but if I could choose the journey I took to get to the championship game I'd pick Pulaski's every time. The run PC has had this year has to be one of the most exciting you could have for a player,fan, or Coach. Good luck PC, I can honestly say this is one Warrior that would love to see you win next week.
Bowling green 41-7
Cubs win the World Series, Trump wins the presidential race, Cavaliers win the NBA championship, Kentucky beats Louisville, and Pulaski will beat Bowling Green 35-28. Its been that kind of year folks.
I'm gonna say ....
BG 63
PC 15
Slotback22 Wrote:Cubs win the World Series, Trump wins the presidential race, Cavaliers win the NBA championship, Kentucky beats Louisville, and Pulaski will beat Bowling Green 35-28. Its been that kind of year folks.

The presidential race isn't over yet, thank goodness. Ever heard of re-count dummy? Hillary won Wisconsin, Michigan, and probably Ohio. By the way, l hope your prediction is right. Bowling Green is the only team in the universe I hate worse than PC.
Had to cheat to beat Hilary. It was funny watching Hilary melt win Dorothy threw the water on her.
jim rome Wrote:The presidential race isn't over yet, thank goodness. Ever heard of re-count dummy? Hillary won Wisconsin, Michigan, and probably Ohio. By the way, l hope your prediction is right. Bowling Green is the only team in the universe I hate worse than PC.

Well cry about it lol. BG is about to win 5 out of the last 6 championships. Hate us cuz ya ain't us.
Jim Rome calling everyone else dummy. That's hilarious. Smh
Jake Johnson has carried his team to this point but this is going to be a whole new monster than anything in 5A-East.

Bowling Green 56-7
Bowling Green 35-14
Fade Wrote:Well cry about it lol. BG is about to win 5 out of the last 6 championships. Hate us cuz ya ain't us.

I don't hate you because I ain't you, I hate you because you are you.
jim rome Wrote:I don't hate you because I ain't you, I hate you because you are you.
Confusednicker: