(2) Spring Valley

AA
(2) Mingo Central
(5) Fairmont Senior

A
(1) East Hardy
(2) St. Marys

All games will be played at Wheeling Island Stadium, Wheeling, WV
Go Miners in AA and Go Timberwolves in AAA! Kinda hard for me to believe that it has taken SV this long to go to the state championship when you think how good C-K was before consolidation into SV.
I'm curious what this has to do with "Bluegrass Rivals"
A lot of people from West Virginia post on here mostly
Belfry lol.
Ballbuster Wrote:A lot of people from West Virginia post on here mostly
Belfry lol.

Kinda what I thought...I live very close to the Tennessee border bot have no idea about what's going on there, nor do I care...
campbellfield Wrote:I'm curious what this has to do with "Bluegrass Rivals"

People are free to post any high school games they want from surrounding states.
Don't be an ass about it.
Living on the border, my mother (rip) was from Mingo Co. So, I was a bit of a Matewan Tiger fan before consolidation. In her memory, Go Miners!
If u love HS football then you should care!!!
Actually Yea, a lot of Belfry people are excited for Mingo Central. I don't think people get how small the Williamson area is. So yes almost all Belfry fans have a positive view of the Miners and follow them closely. We're one town with a tiny river dividing it between two states. So yes, I think all of us want 2 state titles for Williamson and care how both schools do.
Actually it's quite easy to understand on SV.. Notice how Wayne dominated for so long in AA, while Spring Valley struggled for so long. Notice it has reversed now. At the beginning of the consolidation a lot of the kids refused to go to Spring Valley. -A lot of the athletes chose to go to Wayne. Now it seems the good athletes are trending to Spring Valley and Wayne is back in the dumps..
mrfootball03 Wrote:Actually it's quite easy to understand on SV.. Notice how Wayne dominated for so long in AA, while Spring Valley struggled for so long. Notice it has reversed now. At the beginning of the consolidation a lot of the kids refused to go to Spring Valley. -A lot of the athletes chose to go to Wayne. Now it seems the good athletes are trending to Spring Valley and Wayne is back in the dumps..

Very true. My wife works in Kenova and I know how all that went. I'm just happy to see those area's have some football success again. Also, Spring Valley may go on to be state champs, but they aren't city champs :-)
Belfry would win all 3 classes.
E's Army Wrote:Belfry would win all 3 classes.

I don't know. You gotta think how dominant belfry is with a few WV players. Imagine how dominate a team of all WV players would be. (Sarcasm intended).
It has no need to be on here. Whoever started the post should be taken off. If I wanted to know about WV my son would've went to a WV school in 6th grade
proud44pirate Wrote:It has no need to be on here. Whoever started the post should be taken off. If I wanted to know about WV my son would've went to a WV school in 6th grade

So did the member who started the thread also make you open it? I guess it offends the Belfry folk whenever West Virginia is mentioned because almost half of their team is from the Mountain State. It looks like Mingo Central has the chance to produce a state champion in both West Virginia and Kentucky this year. That's quiet impressive.
proud44pirate Wrote:It has no need to be on here. Whoever started the post should be taken off. If I wanted to know about WV my son would've went to a WV school in 6th grade
Good thing what you say doesn't matter. And this board isn't just about your son so there's that.

Awful touchy touchy on all things WV
:eyeroll:

There is plenty of other threads to read on here.You don't have to click on this one if it "offends"you so bad!!!But no.....you like to hear yourself bitch!!
campbellfield Wrote:I'm curious what this has to do with "Bluegrass Rivals"

I am, too Confusednicker:
Belfry lol.

:lmao:
RAMDAD50 Wrote:There is plenty of other threads to read on here.You don't have to click on this one if it "offends"you so bad!!!But no.....you like to hear yourself bitch!!

every post in this thread is hilarious. laughing out loud Confusednicker::hilarious:
My theory is a Mingo Central title proves that Belfry doesn't take their talent. But o well, I guess I'm one of the few Belfry alum that isn't offended by the words Mingo, Mountain State or Yogi.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:So did the member who started the thread also make you open it? I guess it offends the Belfry folk whenever West Virginia is mentioned because almost half of their team is from the Mountain State. It looks like Mingo Central has the chance to produce a state champion in both West Virginia and Kentucky this year. That's quiet impressive.

Surprised you are wanting this thread to get heated, typically that's when Tomcats just quit or forfeit
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Surprised you are wanting this thread to get heated, typically that's when Tomcats just quit or forfeit

Lol and I'm still kinda puzzled as to why wanting Belfry and Mingo Central to win it all is controversial. I don't see it any different than Johnson Central and Paintsville both wanting each other to win. Only difference is our two neighbors are in different states.
Belfry lol.

Lol we don't really care what you people say
Then don't read it lol.
What you stupid people don't understand is I live in Ky I have all but two years of my life so has my son that plays for Belfry we got family on both sides of the river so yea dumbasses they are people that get on here from WV and we're not the only one with family across the river so quit your crying if we were doing anything illegal we would have been cought
Who said anything illegal. You guys are crying because they post something from West Virginia.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:What you stupid people don't understand is I live in Ky I have all but two years of my life so has my son that plays for Belfry we got family on both sides of the river so yea dumbasses they are people that get on here from WV and we're not the only one with family across the river so quit your crying if we were doing anything illegal we would have been cought

You got caught coughing because you was choking on BS :lmao:
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:Actually Yea, a lot of Belfry people are excited for Mingo Central. I don't think people get how small the Williamson area is. So yes almost all Belfry fans have a positive view of the Miners and follow them closely. We're one town with a tiny river dividing it between two states. So yes, I think all of us want 2 state titles for Williamson and care how both schools do.

Know that what I'm about to say is in NO WAY a slight to any school within the state of Kentucky. I'm not a person who complains about where an athlete lives. no school that actually competes at a high level has 100% of their roster live with in their "school district". And just because you have an attractive program that draws kids who want to compete at a high level does NOT mean you recruit. That being said Williamson must really crank out a ton of good players. Mingo Central has made it to the state championship, and Belfry has won three in a row with the high likelihood of a fourth. I know most of those kids live in Belfry but a few have crossed the river. I'm just saying that for a small area, it is a rural football factory.