Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcohol Sales in your County/City
This is a rant.....
I have NEVER and I mean NEVER drank any type of alcohol. No beer, no wine, no champagne, no liquor.... NEVER!!!!!!! I don't even know what any of that stuff taste like. I realize my opinion is very subjective against alcohol, but it's not really the actual product, it's the means in which alcohol was brought to my town.

In 2009, Paintsville voted to go 'Moist'. Meaning alcohol sales are permitted inside the city limits. Only city residents were able to vote and the measure passed after two or three failed attempts in previous years.

THE ENTIRE TIME before the measure was voted on, besides getting to buy and drink alcohol in the city limits.... all of the main proponents kept saying

"If this gets passed, we will get all kinds of new restaurants."

"I've already talked to XXXX (enter random chain restaurant) and they are wanting to come here."

That was in 2009..... SEVEN YEARS LATER AND NOT ONE NEW CHAIN OR DECENT TYPE RESTAURANT HAS COME TO PAINTSVILLE!!!!!!

There have been a few (Texas BBQ Pit, Bluegrass BBQ Pit, Roma Cucina, Café of Main) mom & pop restaurants have opened and closed within a few years.

Yesterday, Prestonsburg approved alcohol sales on Sunday. The news release said "we will be able to attract new types of restaurants to our area."

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!! FLOYD COUNTY HAS BEEN WET FOR YEARS.... they have Reno's (and it is TERRIBLE) and a few local establishments.

Don't polish the turd, just say you want to increase your buying/drinking time.
Don't use the excuse of 'bigger and better restaurants' just to increase your buying/drinking time.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Messages In This Thread
Alcohol Sales in your County/City - by Pulp Fiction - 11-30-2016, 06:51 PM
Alcohol Sales in your County/City - by AngryMob - 10-25-2017, 07:44 PM