Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcohol Sales in your County/City
So, you're saying that the government should be able to restrict access to legal items?

I am a big proponent of bourbon and the bourbon industry in this state. It's a very unique thing that is distinctly Kentucky. And I am baffled by the amount of counties in this state who are completely dry.

And, if you want a really interesting read and story to follow, try to find some news articles from about 2 years ago in Russell County and when they had a wet/dry vote. There was a massive donation to the dry campaign from a liquor store in a neighboring county. It because a big deal, RC went wet. And almost all of the counties in the surrounding area went wet soon after. I don't recall seeing a big influx of restaurants when I was last in that area, but I don't really care about that.

It's legal, 100%. To keep areas dry is to simply use a local government to enforce a certain morality. Period. You can attempt to shape the wet/dry/moist narrative however you please, but at the end of the day, it's using a specific "moral code" to govern. If you're into a very specific theocracy, that's your business. It's not mine. If you don't want to drink, don't drink.

I don't know a single person who didn't drink who lived in a dry county, who started drinking once it went wet/moist.
Messages In This Thread
Alcohol Sales in your County/City - by TheHotSnakes - 10-25-2017, 03:55 PM
Alcohol Sales in your County/City - by AngryMob - 10-25-2017, 07:44 PM