Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Elect Trump's appointments
TheRealThing Wrote:All informed about it all are you? With which of the appointees are you most familiar? And given the past 8 year long state of US freefall, what about them gives you such concern?

Unless one believes that billionaires have managed to escape the "steeped in sin at birth," you, TRT, ought to be cognizant here. The United States is not in a free fall. That is hyperbole.

I am wary of Exxon-Mobil's CEO, who orchestrated exploitative land grabs in far off lands, and who sits in board rooms with Putin and friends talking oil prices and revenues and "human capital" as pawns in a great game of real world chess. That's one.

However, "cause for concern" does not mean, in my view, automatic attribution of failure. It means be alert and watching, with a healthy skepticism.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Unless one believes that billionaires have managed to escape the "steeped in sin at birth," you, TRT, ought to be cognizant here. The United States is not in a free fall. That is hyperbole.

I am wary of Exxon-Mobil's CEO, who orchestrated exploitative land grabs in far off lands, and who sits in board rooms with Putin and friends talking oil prices and revenues and "human capital" as pawns in a great game of real world chess. That's one.

However, "cause for concern" does not mean, in my view, automatic attribution of failure. It means be alert and watching, with a healthy skepticism.

Maybe a nation guilty of murdering three quarters of a million babies each year is not in freefall and maybe it is. Maybe a society which recognizes homosexuality as perfectly viable behavior and has passed law awarding 'life partners' tax payer funded benefits is signatory of freefall and maybe it isn't. If FDR was right and December 7, 1941 does live in infamy, then I would argue that so will the ides of August 2012. That was the day our President drew the 'red line' for Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad. Since that time the dictator in question did in fact use chemical weapons on his own people, and since that day over a half a million of same have died. So I say that maybe, there are quite a few folks in Aleppo who would side with me on the matter. Believe me, I could go on. I believe if history is any indicator, a few well placed smart bombs ala the ones dropped on the proximity of one Muammar Gaddafi and it would have been problem solved, and about 500,000 people would still be with us.

In any case, Christianity would seem to be in retreat in our society. In a fit of demonic irony, the cross of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ evidently causes the lost who see it as much agony as a vampire in a Hollywood production. It's the Christmas season, and right on cue the ACLU sued the town of Knightstown, Indiana, forcing them to remove a cross used as a Christmas Tree topper from a tree in the town square. And the people of Knightstown? They're furious. Of course these are all signs of our moral freefall. However, Christianity will not be driven back and the forces of Satan (I've already read the end of the book) will be defeated. But the indications should be clear enough. Upon the birth of our Savior the angel's message to the shepherds and all of mankind was "Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men." Man's message is do not display the cross on pain of lawsuit. I would ask, which message is positive? We are in freefall. I know one thing, only the enemies of Christ oppose the cross.

A quick trip to the internet and you come up with Steve Coll's indictment of big business and Rex Tillerson huh? Vague and nonspecific hogwash. And that is not to say there is not something out there to disqualify Tillerson, but that is for those who are to confirm him to determine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Maybe a nation guilty of murdering three quarters of a million babies each year is not in freefall and maybe it is. Maybe a society which recognizes homosexuality as perfectly viable behavior and has passed law awarding 'life partners' tax payer funded benefits is signatory of freefall and maybe it isn't. If FDR was right and December 7, 1941 does live in infamy, then I would argue that so will the ides of August 2012. That was the day our President drew the 'red line' for Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad. Since that time the dictator in question did in fact use chemical weapons on his own people, and since that day over a half a million of same have died. So I say that maybe, there are quite a few folks in Aleppo who would side with me on the matter. Believe me, I could go on. I believe if history is any indicator, a few well placed smart bombs ala the ones dropped on the proximity of one Muammar Gaddafi and it would have been problem solved, and about 500,000 people would still be with us.

In any case, Christianity would seem to be in retreat in our society. In a fit of demonic irony, the cross of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ evidently causes the lost who see it as much agony as a vampire in a Hollywood production. It's the Christmas season, and right on cue the ACLU sued the town of Knightstown, Indiana, forcing them to remove a cross used as a Christmas Tree topper from a tree in the town square. And the people of Knightstown? They're furious. Of course these are all signs of our moral freefall. However, Christianity will not be driven back and the forces of Satan (I've already read the end of the book) will be defeated. But the indications should be clear enough. Upon the birth of our Savior the angel's message to the shepherds and all of mankind was "Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men." Man's message is do not display the cross on pain of lawsuit. I would ask, which message is positive? We are in freefall. I know one thing, only the enemies of Christ oppose the cross.

A quick trip to the internet and you come up with Steve Coll's indictment of big business and Rex Tillerson huh? Vague and nonspecific hogwash. And that is not to say there is not something out there to disqualify Tillerson, but that is for those who are to confirm him to determine.

If you have followed Exxon-Mobil at all in the aftermath of the Valdez, no quick internet searches necessary. It is the responsibility of the informed citizen to watch also, TRT, not just "those who are to confirm him."

If the presence of sin is tied to free fall, we all been free falling for several thousand years. You may hanker for the olden days, the golden days, but we've been in sin's malaise in most our ways, lest you are in some sort of reconstructionist's daze which clouds the truth with the partisan's haze.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Unless one believes that billionaires have managed to escape the "steeped in sin at birth," you, TRT, ought to be cognizant here. The United States is not in a free fall. That is hyperbole.

Geraldo said something like that on Fox & Friends..I thought it was dumg when he said it too.
Bob Seger Wrote:Geraldo said something like that on Fox & Friends..I thought it was dumg when he said it too.

Since obviously, I cant spell dumb, change that to totally asinine.
Bob Seger Wrote:Since obviously, I cant spell dumb, change that to totally asinine.

Freudian slip. Dumb + dung = dumg. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I thought he was going for dung, too. It would fit.

But, knowing Seger, he would never use the term "dung"!!!
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:If you have followed Exxon-Mobil at all in the aftermath of the Valdez, no quick internet searches necessary. It is the responsibility of the informed citizen to watch also, TRT, not just "those who are to confirm him."

If the presence of sin is tied to free fall, we all been free falling for several thousand years. You may hanker for the olden days, the golden days, but we've been in sin's malaise in most our ways, lest you are in some sort of reconstructionist's daze which clouds the truth with the partisan's haze.

Well thank you for that analysis professor Irwin Corey. You want to pin the Valdez accident on Tillerson huh? Your watching prowess affords Mr Obama relative carte blanche as you explain away all criticisms in the face of a mountain of evidence. Either your information is badly flawed, or your responsibilities are badly skewed because you've had precious little criticism of this White House. While Tillerson on the other hand, is a dark and shadowy presence to be concerned about. Based on what, those 'feelings' of yours? Absurd.

The basis for comparison in regard to US history and her people's deference to moral standards is a matter of record. We know where we came from and the conditions of our inception. Said record consists of everything from the library of congress and it's incredibly replete preservation of the story of our nation, to news and radio broadcasts, to all manner of TV programming, hundreds of thousands of books and journalistic writings, crime statistics, and enough case law bury the planet in a layer several feet deep. Of course the list goes on, but there is no doubt as to whether an accurate comparison can be made of just the past 100 years and that is certainly sufficient to demonstrate my point.

The US has changed mightily in my time. We embrace sin these days, and secular humanist preachy folks like I believe you to be, spend their time and energy not to advance the cause of Christ, but to make excuses in support of the world system. Man's state of mind today would be unrecognizable by way of comparison from the perspective of say 1965. We certainly have changed and it is not for the good. George Orwell's 1984 has come to pass, as even though in sublimely willful subjection to DNC talking points yourself, it is those who are tethered to reality you would criticize. I am more than comfortable with that.

But you demonstrate why I will not back off of my assessment of our country's going down the drain. In the relative near future time will pass by those of us with our eyes open, and our perspective will be as arguable to your ilk as is your distorted view of our heritage. That is if the Lord tarries and I can't imagine He will much longer. In the meantime, may the wind be at the new administration's back, and I hope God's hand is upon it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:I thought he was going for dung, too. It would fit.

But, knowing Seger, he would never use the term "dung"!!!

Absolutely not, LOL. I have found that once pretense is carved away one finds that he will be labeled as being too blunt. Mealy mouthing is the preferred method these days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Geez, talk about a "take warm showers together" party.

Tillerson's eyes range the globe for opportunities to exploit vulnerable populations for the equivalent of mineral rights. The monitoring of Exxon-Mobil after Valdez is not blaming Tillerson. Your claim of that is yet another straw man in an endless parade.

The United States is no more or less in free fall than it has ever been. 350 million "sin steepers" generate a magnitude x amount more iniquity, but steeped in sin by birth we were and we are.

Reconstructionists all.

Other than its historic "first," I was no more optimistic about President Obama's term in office than I am PE Trump's. I just prefer not to play the "latest news cycle" Huffington Post vs. Breitbart tit-for-tat game.

"Distorted view of our heritage."
The Founders weren't Satanists or Hindus or Buddhists. There were some skeptics, a few agnostics, some Christians more evangelical, some Christians more traditional, and several Deists. Most all, if pressed, acknowledged a Sovereign Creator, though many had doubts about the "non-rational" elements of the Christ tale. That is historical. If our Founders, in their worldview, had witnessed a "gay day" parade, I imagine they would have been personally horrified.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
Geez, talk about a "take warm showers together" party.

Tillerson's eyes range the globe for opportunities to exploit vulnerable populations for the equivalent of mineral rights. The monitoring of Exxon-Mobil after Valdez is not blaming Tillerson. Your claim of that is yet another straw man in an endless parade.

The United States is no more or less in free fall than it has ever been. 350 million "sin steepers" generate a magnitude x amount more iniquity, but steeped in sin by birth we were and we are.

Reconstructionists all.

Other than its historic "first," I was no more optimistic about President Obama's term in office than I am PE Trump's. I just prefer not to play the "latest news cycle" Huffington Post vs. Breitbart tit-for-tat game.

"Distorted view of our heritage."
The Founders weren't Satanists or Hindus or Buddhists. There were some skeptics, a few agnostics, some Christians more evangelical, some Christians more traditional, and several Deists. Most all, if pressed, acknowledged a Sovereign Creator, though many had doubts about the "non-rational" elements of the Christ tale. That is historical. If our Founders, in their worldview, had witnessed a "gay day" parade, I imagine they would have been personally horrified.

Really? You said you 'had concerns about some of the appointments' like you were George Will or Charles Krauthammer. I asked who and if you'd define those concerns; And I would suggest you reread your responses and tell me if any of them made any sense to you. I don't think you knew who Tillerson was until he made the Huffington news.

The bolded is more likely hysterical than historical and you can't back it up. But at long last we may be getting a true glimpse of your own attitude towards Christ. Do you view the truths of The Savior as a non-rational tale? As far as I know not even the founder's diaries mention such heresy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Really? You said you 'had concerns about some of the appointments' like you were George Will or Charles Krauthammer. I asked who and if you'd define those concerns; And I would suggest you reread your responses and tell me if any of them made any sense to you. I don't think you knew who Tillerson was until he made the Huffington news.

The bolded is more likely hysterical than historical and you can't back it up. But at long last we may be getting a true glimpse of your own attitude towards Christ. Do you view the truths of The Savior as a non-rational tale? As far as I know not even the founder's diaries mention such heresy.

Are you serious? What did Jefferson read? The teachings of Christ with the incarnation and miracles removed. His approach was not unique among the founders. Truth be known, many of the Founding Fathers viewed religion as an "opiate for the people" also. Good to keep up hope and spirits and maintain order.

I believe that to "see" Christ is to see the Father, and that the rational mind of man is no ultimate test for ultimate reality. I believe Christ to be the "uplifted serpent" upon which a humanity bitten by sin might look and be saved.

I knew that Tillerson was CEO of Exxon-Mobil and that Exxon-Mobil has been doing since the Valdez exactly what I said, and that Tillerson has been a pom-pom shaker in it.

And here I thought you believed in an informed citizenry, but instead you seem to think only paid talking heads get to have concern.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Are you serious? What did Jefferson read? The teachings of Christ with the incarnation and miracles removed. His approach was not unique among the founders. Truth be known, many of the Founding Fathers viewed religion as an "opiate for the people" also. Good to keep up hope and spirits and maintain order.

I believe that to "see" Christ is to see the Father, and that the rational mind of man is no ultimate test for ultimate reality. I believe Christ to be the "uplifted serpent" upon which a humanity bitten by sin might look and be saved.

I knew that Tillerson was CEO of Exxon-Mobil and that Exxon-Mobil has been doing since the Valdez exactly what I said, and that Tillerson has been a pom-pom shaker in it.

And here I thought you believed in an informed citizenry, but instead you seem to think only paid talking heads get to have concern.

Jefferson's conflictions are well documented and I have pointed them out repeatedly. As compelling as the case may be, Jefferson is but one man from among over 230 who can reasonably be considered to be a founder. Further, his is the sole example other than the 3 deists (and I had to prove to you that number was not far greater) for which there is a mention of any founder rejecting the 'as written' Godhood of Christ, in support of your blanket assessment of the founder's faith. The irony here is that you who though doped up on your own opiate consisting of mitigation and denial, see fit nonetheless to make your leaps of revisionist assumption, tinged with ridiculous diagnostic overtones so as to suit your own palate.

So then you, like Jefferson, have a form of Godliness 'but deny the power thereof' as that would apply to the validity of His miracles? Bill O'Reilly is considered a highly informed man, and as an author has a best selling book entitled "Killing Jesus." But his stated opinion on Scripture is that It is filled with allegory. In other words he doesn't buy walking on water and the parting of the Red Sea. Thus though I might respect his intellect, I reject many of his opinions because of his failings in matters of discernment. Similarly I'll not strive with you on the level of my informed state of awareness. I know I don't agree with you on very much at all, and I know my opinion is based on observation and my personal relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. Like I said, I am more than comfortable to that end.

I can't speak to your preexisting level of familiarity with Tillerson, though I remain unconvinced. In any case Trump has assembled the most formidable cabinet in modern times and I said early on in the campaign that would be the hallmark of his Presidency. I say, bring it on. ABTW, it would appear that even Putin has had just about enough, and has told Obama to put up or shut up. So today, Loretta Lynch jumps up very coincidentally and proclaims that there is no existing evidence to show any election data tampering.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Jefferson's conflictions are well documented and I have pointed them out repeatedly. As compelling as the case may be, Jefferson is but one man from among over 230 who can reasonably be considered to be a founder. Further, his is the sole example other than the 3 deists (and I had to prove to you that number was not far greater) for which there is a mention of any founder rejecting the 'as written' Godhood of Christ, in support of your blanket assessment of the founder's faith. The irony here is that you who though doped up on your own opiate consisting of mitigation and denial, see fit nonetheless to make your leaps of revisionist assumption, tinged with ridiculous diagnostic overtones so as to suit your own palate.

So then you, like Jefferson, have a form of Godliness 'but deny the power thereof' as that would apply to the validity of His miracles? Bill O'Reilly is considered a highly informed man, and as an author has a best selling book entitled "Killing Jesus." But his stated opinion on Scripture is that It is filled with allegory. In other words he doesn't buy walking on water and the parting of the Red Sea. Thus though I might respect his intellect, I reject many of his opinions because of his failings in matters of discernment. Similarly I'll not strive with you on the level of my informed state of awareness. I know I don't agree with you on very much at all, and I know my opinion is based on observation and my personal relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. Like I said, I am more than comfortable to that end.

I can't speak to your preexisting level of familiarity with Tillerson, though I remain unconvinced. In any case Trump has assembled the most formidable cabinet in modern times and I said early on in the campaign that would be the hallmark of his Presidency. I say, bring it on. ABTW, it would appear that even Putin has had just about enough, and has told Obama to put up or shut up. So today, Loretta Lynch jumps up very coincidentally and proclaims that there is no existing evidence to show any election data tampering.

I think Christ calmed the wind and waves and walked on water, thus the statement about the rational human mind not being the test for ultimate reality.

To my knowledge, I haven't much bothered with the Russian hacking thing, except to say if evidence truly exists a response is needed, and measures to try and minimize/prevent in the future, though, as I said, the assumption that all emails are public is probably wise.

I am not throwing PE Trump's cabinet under the bus. "Cause for concern" doesn't mean "bunch of blood sucking criminals."

Jefferson and three others does NOT capture the breadth of Deism's influence on thinking. Your assertion that the faith of the Founders en masse was more pure, more fervent, more orthodox than the average lot of insider power brokers and stake holders (white landowners who were wealthy for that time) does not hold historical water.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think Christ calmed the wind and waves and walked on water, thus the statement about the rational human mind not being the test for ultimate reality.

To my knowledge, I haven't much bothered with the Russian hacking thing, except to say if evidence truly exists a response is needed, and measures to try and minimize/prevent in the future, though, as I said, the assumption that all emails are public is probably wise.

I am not throwing PE Trump's cabinet under the bus. "Cause for concern" doesn't mean "bunch of blood sucking criminals."

Jefferson and three others does NOT capture the breadth of Deism's influence on thinking. Your assertion that the faith of the Founders en masse was more pure, more fervent, more orthodox than the average lot of insider power brokers and stake holders (white landowners who were wealthy for that time) does not hold historical water.

Wow, you were doing great right up until your last paragraph. My contentions with regard to the founder's very public professions of faith, were both a practical prerequisite and a matter of the public record of the day; And that I have posted proof on this very forum. In fact, I have heard your argument made in times past to the extent that reposting the information in question, that being the religious affiliation of each of the totality of the founders, is again warranted. http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fa...igion.html

You can and no doubt will, go on repeating historical heresy, but the fact remains you can in no way support your claim from the record. Feelings don't qualify as sources. Try to concentrate a little here, I made no comparisons between the founders and the average colonist. But since you raise the question I have to call your attention to a simple fact. The founders affixed their names to documents declaring America's independence from England and her immensely powerful and mad monarch, King George. Had the push for independence failed they'd have all hung for treason. Now you can say every colonist had that level of courage and fervent faith in God's protection to that end. But I sincerely doubt it. And for the umpteenth time, we have a perfectly preserved and replete record of the aspirations and motivations of the founders. We call them the founding documents. But there is in addition, no less than a wealth of writings, newspaper articles, diaries, state house records, letters and much more from the day to add to that verifiable trove. Nowhere among those writings is there the first scintilla of evidence to support what you and other libs so desperately want to believe. Three founders were deists, 3, and Franklin had left the Enlightenment fold long before. The founders were Christians.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Wow, you were doing great right up until your last paragraph. My contentions with regard to the founder's very public professions of faith, were both a practical prerequisite and a matter of the public record of the day; And that I have posted proof on this very forum. In fact, I have heard your argument made in times past to the extent that reposting the information in question, that being the religious affiliation of each of the totality of the founders, is again warranted. http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fa...igion.html

You can and no doubt will, go on repeating historical heresy, but the fact remains you can in no way support your claim from the record. Feelings don't qualify as sources. Try to concentrate a little here, I made no comparisons between the founders and the average colonist. But since you raise the question I have to call your attention to a simple fact. The founders affixed their names to documents declaring America's independence from England and her immensely powerful and mad monarch, King George. Had the push for independence failed they'd have all hung for treason. Now you can say every colonist had that level of courage and fervent faith in God's protection to that end. But I sincerely doubt it. And for the umpteenth time, we have a perfectly preserved and replete record of the aspirations and motivations of the founders. We call them the founding documents. But there is in addition, no less than a wealth of writings, newspaper articles, diaries, state house records, letters and much more from the day to add to that verifiable trove. Nowhere among those writings is there the first scintilla of evidence to support what you and other libs so desperately want to believe. Three founders were deists, 3, and Franklin had left the Enlightenment fold long before. The founders were Christians.

Alright, so we'll begin again to walk through the four points of analysis. I wil go back and take the top 10 and honorable mention Founders. Using only public pronouncements and writings posits Nixon at the foot of the cross. Come on, now.

If there was to be war, being hung depended on the outcome of the war, which average colonists fought. To the victors went the spoils.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Alright, so we'll begin again to walk through the four points of analysis. I wil go back and take the top 10 and honorable mention Founders. Using only public pronouncements and writings posits Nixon at the foot of the cross. Come on, now.

If there was to be war, being hung depended on the outcome of the war, which average colonists fought. To the victors went the spoils.

No you go ahead. Four points based in fantasy and I've spent enough time on the La-La merry-go-round. But there remains this latest point of contention. Average colonists did not fight, it took men of great valor to go against the King. Average colonists stayed home and behaved rather than face the world's most formidable army.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:No you go ahead. Four points based in fantasy and I've spent enough time on the La-La merry-go-round. But there remains this latest point of contention. Average colonists did not fight, it took men of great valor to go against the King. Average colonists stayed home and behaved rather than face the world's most formidable army.

If your pet phrase actually exists as a place, you dwell there. The belief that public pronouncement and public writings are the "that's it" test suggest to me that you, indeed, are a partisan. The partisan reads to reinforce his worldview. Those four points of inquiry take one on a journey that leads to the fact that deistic thought influenced our Founding Fathers. Deism was not secular, nor atheistic. In fact, among our Founders there were non-Christian Deists, but more Christian Deists.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:If your pet phrase actually exists as a place, you dwell there. The belief that public pronouncement and public writings are the "that's it" test suggest to me that you, indeed, are a partisan. The partisan reads to reinforce his worldview. Those four points of inquiry take one on a journey that leads to the fact that deistic thought influenced our Founding Fathers. Deism was not secular, nor atheistic. In fact, among our Founders there were non-Christian Deists, but more Christian Deists.

LOL, a book burner and a revisionist? I get it, why allow facts, history and evidence to sway one's opinions, they're so restrictive. Weird but consistent I must say. You deny any fact you can't twist while you slam Jefferson for tearing out pages and crossing out texts from God's Word.

"I know you are, but what am I,"--- right there Pee Wee? I cannot imagine a more qualified poster boy for liberalism. I'm not just 'suggesting' the record "is it," I'm saying it without equivocation. I suppose if there is anything that serves to positively ID a lib, it would have to be the absence of absolute truth. Everything is relative to a liberal. But you tell me, what else there is to go by other than the concisely detailed and perfectly preserved, full revelation of the historical record? You would modify the Constitution to suit, as well as the Bible.

You can repeat your heresies, but you can't prove the first word of them. I published the record but in typical La-La double-down, you press on. And since you persist in making baseless and self serving assessments dressed up in pseudo-intellectualism, said persistence suggests to me that your assessments are indeed hormonally driven.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, a book burner and a revisionist? I get it, why allow facts, history and evidence to sway one's opinions, they're so restrictive. Weird but consistent I must say. You deny any fact you can't twist while you slam Jefferson for tearing out pages and crossing out texts from God's Word.

"I know you are, but what am I,"--- right there Pee Wee? I cannot imagine a more qualified poster boy for liberalism. I'm not just 'suggesting' the record "is it," I'm saying it without equivocation. I suppose if there is anything that serves to positively ID a lib, it would have to be the absence of absolute truth. Everything is relative to a liberal. But you tell me, what else there is to go by other than the concisely detailed and perfectly preserved, full revelation of the historical record? You would modify the Constitution to suit, as well as the Bible.

You can repeat your heresies, but you can't prove the first word of them. I published the record but in typical La-La double-down, you press on. And since you persist in making baseless and self serving assessments dressed up in pseudo-intellectualism, said persistence suggests to me that your assessments are indeed hormonally driven.

Nay, you deny engaging in an objective analysis, keep reasserting as proven that which is yet to be proved (circular reasoning), continually take refuge in the straw man fallacy. It never ends. Plain spoken and wrong is no way to be, Little Pickle.

Relativity is not your issue here. You simply cannot soak in information that threatens the foundation of propoganda that you build your Reconstructionist house upon. If one looks beyond the public pronouncements of politicians, which you are so willing to do with President Obama, and searches into other sources about their faith and influences, it is clear that something additional to orthodox Christianity is at play in the worldview of a majority of the Founders. To deny that is to hide in a squirrel's hole and to cast vitriol at any who would dare to question. Come on out of there, Little Pickle.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Nay, you deny engaging in an objective analysis, keep reasserting as proven that which is yet to be proved (circular reasoning), continually take refuge in the straw man fallacy. It never ends. Plain spoken and wrong is no way to be, Little Pickle.

Relativity is not your issue here. You simply cannot soak in information that threatens the foundation of propoganda that you build your Reconstructionist house upon. If one looks beyond the public pronouncements of politicians, which you are so willing to do with President Obama, and searches into other sources about their faith and influences, it is clear that something additional to orthodox Christianity is at play in the worldview of a majority of the Founders. To deny that is to hide in a squirrel's hole and to cast vitriol at any who would dare to question. Come on out of there, Little Pickle.

Right, relativity is your issue not mine, but have you considered hormonal replacement therapy?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
I resent that!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:^
I resent that!!

Confusednicker:

Sorry Granny Bear I had to pull the rip cord. Did you watch the game? North Carolina is going home! Confusedinglepar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Right, relativity is your issue not mine, but have you considered hormonal replacement therapy?

What is relevant here is your posting of Reconstructionist source material that might pass a history course at Bob Jones University, where maybe Richard Nixon is orthodox.

The rip cord? What a self-proclaimer. Geez.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:What is relevant here is your posting of Reconstructionist source material that might pass a history course at Bob Jones University, where maybe Richard Nixon is orthodox.

The rip cord? What a self-proclaimer. Geez.

No what's relevant here is the record. Libs are forever disputing it and trying to change it in their guileful rebellion with truth. The final word will ultimately come from the Author of all truth and man's judge, The Almighty God. He will settle all the disputing in the end, and that's one reason I like to mix His Word into the conversation from time to time because in the end, it really is Him and His rightful role as Lord that lib's have a problem with. Hence all the denials, legislative activism and putting the stamp of approval on things like homosexuality.

Your arguments are never based in fact, rather innuendo. You don't like truth so you deny it. That's why no document from our founding backs you up and you are therefore reduced to childish elementary schoolyard accusations. I repeat, you can't back your arguments from the record. In fact, the record disproves everything you say which, makes your whole approach to debate laughable.

At some point it's just time to bail out of the ridiculousness and for me, that time had come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You mean like the one which is vacating the White House, having force fed 'the people' fake news for the past 8 years and then feigning concern over the false reports which the left generated regarding fake news?

The recount has fallen flat, so our President has called for a "full report" about the faked reports of faked and baseless election hacking, supposedly perpetrated by Russia, to be laid on his desk before he leaves office. Unfortunately we still have 40 days left before Mr Trump takes the oath of office. I will be nervous until they clear out.

I apologize for quoting myself but sometimes for the sake of continuity, it is worth doing. Our President is still busy belching out counterproductive Executive Orders even as he publicly advises Mr Trump not to try to govern using Executive Orders. :HitWall:
DEC 22, 2016
"The Obama administration has taken steps to dismantle a dormant registry program †, for immigrants from Muslim and Arab countries.

Created by the Bush administration in the wake of September 11, the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System, or NSEERS, required visitors from certain countries to register themselves in a special database and submit to screenings that typically included a fingerprint, a photograph and an interview. It amounted to racial and religious profiling, Civil liberties advocates said, as 24 of the 25 countries on the list were predominantly Muslim. It did not yield a single terrorism conviction in nearly a decade of operation."
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/313227/o...countries/

ISIS published a list of 15,000 Christian Americans they are trying to assassinate for this year, but the FBI has not even informed those who are on the list. Likewise there is no published list as yet of the threatened Churches in question available, even though Christmas morning Church services are the obvious objectives. Innocent citizens are similarly not allowed to know if Uncle Sam has installed potential terrorists as their next door neighbors. A certain amount of domestic slaughter is obviously acceptable collateral damage in the eyes of the presently in-power, politically correct left.

† And of course the only reason the program is 'dormant' in the first place is because as in the case of our invisible efforts at border control, we don't enforce immigration law. I knew the chipmunks would pull out all the stops on the way out the door and if you ask me, there is cause for concern. There's no telling what is left on his last ditch bucket list.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]