Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity 56 Lafayette 21 (6A Championship Game)
Final from Bowling Green last night. Apparently this one got extremely chippy last night towards the end. Walker Wood also went down with a leg injury of some sort in the 2nd half. Hope he is okay, he's an outstanding football player. Congrats to the Shamrocks on championship #24.
Congrats to Trinity
Pupaw Wrote:Final from Bowling Green last night. Apparently this one got extremely chippy last night towards the end. Walker Wood also went down with a leg injury of some sort in the 2nd half. Hope he is okay, he's an outstanding football player. Congrats to the Shamrocks on championship #24.

Brian Milam tweeted about it. Said it was sad that two programs like Lafayette and Trinity would end a state championship game like the last 8 minutes last night.
Seen a video this morning where a Lafayette D lineman walked up the the ref after the game last night and smacked the ref. His hat went flying off then both teams started walking off without shaking hands. Must have been a wild game.
^^I saw a short vid of that smack! Unbelievable!!
Reddog4life Wrote:Seen a video this morning where a Lafayette D lineman walked up the the ref after the game last night and smacked the ref. His hat went flying off then both teams started walking off without shaking hands. Must have been a wild game.

That player should be banned from playing high school sports ever again if he is an underclassman. If he is a senior he should be prosecuted!
Ive heard a lot of people going on about the officiating in that game. No excuse of course, just saying it seems to have been a rough game in every way
Isn't this reoccurring at Lafayette?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Isn't this reoccurring at Lafayette?

Seems like I've heard of an incident between them and Dunbar earlier this year. But I don't remember particularly what happened. Emotions were running high and everything, but there is never a situation where it's okay for a kid to lay a hand on an official.
No, no excuse for ever laying hands on an official over a call.
typical behavior from this Lafayette team, as usual the adults are the issue
This behavior is not new. This has been going on now for about 3-4 season now. Several on the field, pre and post game fights. Tons of "unsportsmanlike conducts and personal fouls from Lafayette players throughout this season and in the past. Teams generally are a reflection of their head coach. I mean seriously folks, ( Lafayette refused to shake hands? Because they think it might escalate. Well that's on the head coach and other coaches to advise players not to engaged. And to smack, punch or flip the refs face at the end of the game? And no action taken by the coaches? ) Very poor run program.
And how about this issue, during the captains meeting/ coin toss... One of Lafayette's captain turned his back to the Trinity, no handshake and started dancing as the ref was conducting the coin toss. He kept on with his dancing and when the coin toss was done, he just walked away without shaking hands again. Tell folks, the head coach was out there with the team captains and you all can't tell me he didn't see that going on and should have address it then.
Blacksmith Wrote:Ive heard a lot of people going on about the officiating in that game. No excuse of course, just saying it seems to have been a rough game in every way

I have done a whole lot of reading about this game. Everywhere I've read, comments are made about the officiating.

Walker Woods, the QB and UK commit had to leave this game after a knee injury. Some say late hit; others say it was legit. Anyway, once he left the Trinity fan base started to chant "where is Walker" over and over again. There were two other players, one from each team, who had to leave after a hard hit. Now while the chanting may be classless, it isn't illegal. And FacebookFan is right about the dancing during the coin toss. That happened before anything else during the game.

In that short vid of the ref getting smacked, you can see in the background a couple of Lafayette players and a couple of Trinity players shaking hands and acting in a sportsman like manner.

After all that I have seen and read, I do believe some culpability goes to both teams. The KHSAA needs to get involved here, IMO, perhaps to determine if either school should be invited to participate next year.

This thug like attitude has no place in football! The coaches that I respect teach life lessons along with football plays.

I don't want the great sport of football tarnished by a bunch of idiots who like to use their players in a pissing contest.

JMO
FBfan4life Wrote:This behavior is not new. This has been going on now for about 3-4 season now. Several on the field, pre and post game fights. Tons of "unsportsmanlike conducts and personal fouls from Lafayette players throughout this season and in the past. Teams generally are a reflection of their head coach. I mean seriously folks, ( Lafayette refused to shake hands? Because they think it might escalate. Well that's on the head coach and other coaches to advise players not to engaged. And to smack, punch or flip the refs face at the end of the game? And no action taken by the coaches? ) Very poor run program.

I cannot speak of things I do not know but I can share a story about their Head Coach, Eric Shaw in regards to his concern for character.

I had an opprotunity to coach for him this year but did not because I had already committed elsewhere but I really wanted to. My face to face meeting with Coach Shaw went well and it lasted about an hour - 55 minutes of it was about his desire and concern to help these young men become men of character and help them grow. I am not sure he even asked one related football question...LOL.. His main concern was that I had a desire to mentor young men and help them become men of character.

At the end of the meeting we prayed together ... I cannot speak about anything else that has occurred this year or years past, but I can speak about Coach Shaw's heart!! I saw it first hand and I can tell you he is a good man and wants his players to be good men.

Not justifying anything the players have done but I know his heart is in the right place.

I am not looking to debate or argue with anyone about him or the situations that have occurred that is not my intent. I simply wanted to share my experience with the man personally. I would coach and battle for him anywhere, anytime!

This will be my only comment concerning the matter. Be Blessed! Let us keep all the young men who play this game in our prayers! They need every bit of mentorship they can get!!
I appreciate your post very much. It gives credible insight to this situation. I don't know the first thing about Coach Shaw, but you've made me feel better about him.
The Cross Movement Wrote:I cannot speak of things I do not know but I can share a story about their Head Coach, Eric Shaw in regards to his concern for character.

I had an opprotunity to coach for him this year but did not because I had already committed elsewhere but I really wanted to. My face to face meeting with Coach Shaw went well and it lasted about an hour - 55 minutes of it was about his desire and concern to help these young men become men of character and help them grow. I am not sure he even asked one related football question...LOL.. His main concern was that I had a desire to mentor young men and help them become men of character.

At the end of the meeting we prayed together ... I cannot speak about anything else that has occurred this year or years past, but I can speak about Coach Shaw's heart!! I saw it first hand and I can tell you he is a good man and wants his players to be good men.

Not justifying anything the players have done but I know his heart is in the right place.

I am not looking to debate or argue with anyone about him or the situations that have occurred that is not my intent. I simply wanted to share my experience with the man personally. I would coach and battle for him anywhere, anytime!

This will be my only comment concerning the matter. Be Blessed! Let us keep all the young men who play this game in our prayers! They need every bit of mentorship they can get!!

I am glad he has a heart for it. Maybe he just isn't saying and doing the things that need to be done even with the heart. I've seen people with too much heart.
Redneck Wrote:Brian Milam tweeted about it. Said it was sad that two programs like Lafayette and Trinity would end a state championship game like the last 8 minutes last night.

IDK if that kid was a senior or not but if he wasn't, hed never play another down for me again.
FBfan4life Wrote:And how about this issue, during the captains meeting/ coin toss... One of Lafayette's captain turned his back to the Trinity, no handshake and started dancing as the ref was conducting the coin toss. He kept on with his dancing and when the coin toss was done, he just walked away without shaking hands again. Tell folks, the head coach was out there with the team captains and you all can't tell me he didn't see that going on and should have address it then.

The ref should have nipped that crap off right then and there!
I agree that a kid should never lay a hand on an official, but I also think that the officiating in this state is God awful and seems to be getting worse every year. Someone in the KHSAA need's to do something about this. I know their is never an excuse for this kind of behavior, but nothing will get things stirred up quicker then bad or unfair officiating in a football game. I have been at a loss for words with what I've seen from some of the officiating crews the last few years.