• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 2017
2016 is done and now it's time to start looking forward to the 2017 season. What do the Tigers need to do to continue success? What do they need to do to get better? Is 2017 the year it all comes together?
I hope 2017 comes together for Clay County.

Very rich tradition there!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I hope 2017 comes together for Clay County.

Very rich tradition there!!

I truly think it's going to get better. Coach Smith will do a fine job getting these guys ready to play with a year under his belt and in his system.
Tigers showed improvement at the end of the year. I hope it continues next year
How are the younger levels structured there? Do they have good feeder systems in Clay county?
KYFootball3333 Wrote:How are the younger levels structured there? Do they have good feeder systems in Clay county?

We've got a good feeder system and a good coaching staff at the high school finally so I could honestly see us starting to show improvement within our level. Interesting question though, planning on modeling our youth system?
About 6 or 7 youth teams and a few of them have a "B" team. In my honest opinion the structure of the grade school system is good but like everything can improve.

* take away weight limit to run football
* Everyone should basically run the same thing with the same terminology
* Try to keep and maintain people who have played the sport to coach these young kiddos.
* I would also look into playing teams from other Counties.
* Bring back Perry All County Banquet.
I would also look into having a Clay County Bowl. 7th and 8th grade play one Saturday along with all the Grade School teams with the top Grade school team playing a team from another school. You can twist this how ever you want/need but the main focus is getting the "RIGHT" people to start focusing on it.

The Weight room needs to be updated in the worst way!!
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:I would also look into having a Clay County Bowl. 7th and 8th grade play one Saturday along with all the Grade School teams with the top Grade school team playing a team from another school. You can twist this how ever you want/need but the main focus is getting the "RIGHT" people to start focusing on it.

:Thumbs:
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:I would also look into having a Clay County Bowl. 7th and 8th grade play one Saturday along with all the Grade School teams with the top Grade school team playing a team from another school. You can twist this how ever you want/need but the main focus is getting the "RIGHT" people to start focusing on it.

And all the gate and concession money going to the High School Football team for that day. I think this would be a great idea to build interest and showoff our programs.
It's not released yet as far as the schedule goes.
The grade school level in Clay is terrible. Every year you will have one team with numerous hold backs that are head and shoulders better than every other team. This does not help any of the kids. They kids who go all season and only get tackled a hand full of times get in middle school against better teams and can't take a hit. Most of them end up quitting. Until something is done with the elementary system football in Clay is done. Might as well turn the football field into a soccer field and start a new sport.
No, the players who dominate in grade school... "A lot" of them don't work as hard in the middle school. Everyone else catches up. It's called the Tracy McGrady effect.

Holding kids back only helps sports in high school even though I disagree with it on a personal level. It is good for sports.
I think next year Coach Smith will have a bigger hand in the Elementary programs which will only benefit is from the future. Our grade school coaches are not very good and our middle school coaches were even worse this year but we all spend too much time on here instead of getting out there and sharing our unparalleled knowledge when it comes to the pigskin.
Here is my suggestion on improvements to the feeder system.

1. Bring back Perry Thompson all county banquet. Have a guest speaker Each year. ( Zac Lewis, Jacob Hyde, Former players that went and became successful people). Charge a basic fee and the proceeds go to a team a year for equipment.
2. Make the teams run the majority of the same plays with same terminology.
3. Have "IF" you can, former players coach grade school. At the very least. Make these coaches go to some type of clinic. We can all improve on our trade.
4. Pay some of our high school players to run the chains. Allowing some of your players to help out will be positive for them. They need to earn money. Pay a clock person and announcer.
5. Allow some of the grade school teams to find a team to play that is outside the county.
6. Have a County Bowl one Sat that is all about the Pigskin. Cook and have the players/coaches eat free. Maybe even have the middle school play later that day.
7. Demand that everyone has fun. Play music before/after games.
Amen!!!! CCFOOTBALL1 you are spot on problem however it only takes one coach who decides he's going to run the spread triple option and the flex D with his one and only heavyweight packing the ball 100% of the time and playing QB to completely undermine the system, this is what has happened in the past.

The whole process should be priorities around making
1. Helping kids to love the game of football by playing every kids who comes to practice win or lose, everybody leaves with grass stains and a sweaty head.

2. Teach kids (and parents) about work ethic dedication and responsibility, kids don't even think practice is a requirement, even high school kids in the past miss practice whenever they wish.

3. Show them how to black and tackle, Belfry's secret to success is simply kids play hard and they know how to block and tackle aggressively, it's not rocket science.
Any way we can get Justin Combs to come back? He was the biggest up and coming young coach in Ky when we got him.
We have to get better or there will be no football program.
Oldtiger Wrote:3. Show them how to black and tackle, Belfry's secret to success is simply kids play hard and they know how to block and tackle aggressively, it's not rocket science.

Having division 1 athletes up front and burners in the backfield don't really hurt their cause either.
So ccfootball1 you enjoyed Perry All county banquet? What year did you play? What team?

If anything, can we get this banquet back? That would be the first step?
either that or let's bring Aaron stepp back so we can play Evarts? Maybe, Jackson or Estill.
Because getting drilled by Corbin is doing us a lot of good right now. To people outside of Manchester we are a Jackson, Estill, Evarts. Shoot, Estill would have beat us by 60 this year. We are the only team in the state to pay people to come in and hammer us in OUR bowl game haha that's suppose to be the other way around.
To me that is an unfair statement about the Bowl game. The current appy bowl was sold to the sponser as a regional bowl. That is why it is in Clay County.

Corbin is a regional team that has always fielded a solid football team with a good fan base.

Seems to me that Clay County football needs to put their big boy pants on and play some damn football.
So we don't even determine who plays in our own bowl game? There used to be plenty of regional teams that we could compete with but now I'm not sure.

Seems to me like Clay County is letting our boys get their brains beat in for a paycheck.
like I said. Our boys need to play some football.

We was payed some good money to play Scott county for two years. Lost one year, won the next. Those kids stepped up.
Oldschoolplayer Wrote:like I said. Our boys need to play some football.

We was payed some good money to play Scott county for two years. Lost one year, won the next. Those kids stepped up.

It's not about money. It's about building a football program and you don't do that by getting our kids hammered on live tv for a pay check.

"Our boys need to play football" is not a valid argument and using what was probably the best CC football team in the last 25 years in terms of producing college athletes is ridiculous. The 2010 team was a special group and not typical of what we produce year in year out.

But once again, we don't even determine who plays in our Bowl game? Since that was my question.
Tiger brethren, there is only two choices we ALL, self included, can make. Be a part of the problem, or be a part of the answer. I can be as critical as anyone, but does it really help? We know there's lots of problems, but griping on a message board won't solve them. Nothing wrong with good ideas but that's about the extent of good this does. And again, I include myself in all this commentary.
Walter, you may have more sense than the rest of us combined on here! :Thumbs:

I think for one thing, there is too many chefs in the kitchen when it comes to Tiger Football. The program needs to be turned over completely to the head coach and everybody else needs put in their place. All these hang arounds that think they know football or what's best for Clay County need kicked out. We didn't need a 20 person hiring committee made up of fools last time that was ridiculous, Eddie should have been hired flat out simple as that from the get go, that foolishness alone set us back 5 years.
You football guys And Eddie bring back Perry all County.
  • 1(current)
  • Next