•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2017
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Who is on the schedule? Haven't seen it.

Aug 18, 17 Middlesboro home 7:30 PM
Aug 25, 17 Letcher County Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 1, 17 Pike County Central away 7:30 PM
Sep 15, 17 Whitley County away 7:30 PM
Sep 22, 17 McCreary Central away 7:30 PM
Sep 29, 17 Casey County home 7:30 PM
Oct 6, 17 Clay County away 7:30 PM
Oct 13, 17 Corbin home 7:30 PM
Oct 20, 17 Jackson County away 7:30 PM
Oct 27, 17 Harlan County home 7:30 PM

Probably the lightest Bell County schedule I have seen in twenty years.

Designed to get wins and create momentum which the program desperately needs right now, but not designed to battle test them to compete with the heavyweights in the Semi-State.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Aug 18, 17 Middlesboro home 7:30 PM

Designed to get wins and create momentum which the program desperately needs right now, but not designed to battle test them to compete with the heavyweights in the Semi-State.

Very weak.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Aug 18, 17 Middlesboro home 7:30 PM

First off, not ready to battle Corbin and Belfry. Some rebuilding to do.

McCreary, Casey, Corbin and Jackson district.

Middlesboro is a must game for more than a few reasons regardless of how weak they are.

Letcher County, Clay CO may be down from what used to.

Pike County was played by most all previous coaches including Mills.

Harlan County and Whitley County will be very good.

I don't see it being as weak as most are saying for the shape this program is in.

Dudley has always been a master at scheduling, he has always waited till traditional powers are down and scheduled them.
WhyLie Wrote:Harlan County and Whitley County will be very good.

Everything I agree with except this.

Harlan County and Whitley County are pretty much middle of the pack teams in Class 5A. I would not define either anywhere near "very good".

"Decent", "Slightly above average"... yes... "Very Good"..far from it.

It is a light schedule from what we are used to seeing from Bell, but as I mentioned I don't have an issue with it. I think it is exactly what the program needs right now to get some wins, get some momentum, and get kids coming back out.
WhyLie Wrote:Dudley has always been a master at scheduling, he has always waited till traditional powers are down and scheduled them.

Dudley didn't make the schedule, unless he was working behind the scenes last year while still coaching at TC. It won't be his schedule until the 2019 season, unless they can get some teams to drop the contract for 2018.
Dudley is smiling from ear to ear. He doesn't want to change schedule. You are right he didn't , maybe the first thing done here that was done right. Schedule is exactly what we need.
EKU may need to do just a bit more research, I will say the should be very good. Both return everyone.
WhyLie Wrote:EKU may need to do just a bit more research, I will say the should be very good. Both return everyone.

Middle of the pack is a bit harsh now that I think about it. Class 5A, especially in the East, has been pound for pound very weak but both harlan County and Whitley were among the best teams in the East which would put them above the "middle of the pack" mark.

Still I won't say "very good". The only EKY teams I would give that distinction this year would probably be Johnson Central, Belfry, and Corbin.

When I think of a "very good" team I think of someone who can play against the Top 15 overall teams in KY. Based off what I have seen from Harlan County and Whitley I don't think either would prove competitive. Last year Corbin toyed with Whitley and Belfry and JC had little resistance from Harlan County.

"Decent" or "slightly above average" I can get on board with though. If you want to make them sound better I can even sign off on "One of the best 5A teams in the East"
Harlan County and Whitley County have the potential to be very good, but I agree that they probably are not there yet. They both are veteran teams.
i agree with that HCS
I know a lot of people outside the county won't like this, but something awfully good happens when Dudley gets ahold of our boys! Them men and holler boys like knocking some heads for him!
Yeah buddy
Any word on the staff
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Middle of the pack is a bit harsh now that I think about it. Class 5A, especially in the East, has been pound for pound very weak but both harlan County and Whitley were among the best teams in the East which would put them above the "middle of the pack" mark.

Still I won't say "very good". The only EKY teams I would give that distinction this year would probably be Johnson Central, Belfry, and Corbin.

When I think of a "very good" team I think of someone who can play against the Top 15 overall teams in KY. Based off what I have seen from Harlan County and Whitley I don't think either would prove competitive. Last year Corbin toyed with Whitley and Belfry and JC had little resistance from Harlan County.

"Decent" or "slightly above average" I can get on board with though. If you want to make them sound better I can even sign off on "One of the best 5A teams in the East"
Maybe they will be very good someday if they ever start recruiting like your team does.
ArJay Wrote:I know a lot of people outside the county won't like this, but something awfully good happens when Dudley gets ahold of our boys! Them men and holler boys like knocking some heads for him!

maybe they can get some big city talent in too if their daddy can get a job delivering pizzas.
pjdoug Wrote:Maybe they will be very good someday if they ever start recruiting like your team does.

Did somebody get his feelings hurt LMAO
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Did somebody get his feelings hurt LMAO

?*. looks like you did. :happytear:
pjdoug Wrote:Maybe they will be very good someday if they ever start recruiting like your team does.

Most Recruit, Whitley's best player is from McCreary County. I don't see the big fuss. With that said Bell will be better, just Dudley on sideline makes them better. How much better remains to be seen.
Whitley has a lot of talented players. The student/athlete you are referring to is a tremendous kid and player but he came when he was in middle school. When he was a Freshman he was like 115 pounds. He worked his tail end off and made himself a player. Don't make sound like he just moved yesterday. He is a two sport player at Whitley and really given the choice between the educational opportunities at Whitley vs MC wouldn't you make the same choice. It is a different situation when you go after an established player who may or may not have to sit out
Let me be clear, I do believe there are transfers and then they are recruits. I am sure that Corbin has had their fair share of transfers. The difference is when a coach or booster, under his direction talks with a kid and tries to get him to join the team. There is a big difference.
Cellking Wrote:Most Recruit, Whitley's best player is from McCreary County. I don't see the big fuss. With that said Bell will be better, just Dudley on sideline makes them better. How much better remains to be seen.

MOST don't recruit. Who is Whitley's best player? Did somebody come to Stearns and make him an offer? Dudley standing on the sidelines doesn't make them better. We all know what makes them better.
Cellking Wrote:Most Recruit, Whitley's best player is from McCreary County. I don't see the big fuss. With that said Bell will be better, just Dudley on sideline makes them better. How much better remains to be seen.

if they are going to recruit seems they'd recruit more than one player from McCreary County.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Let me be clear, I do believe there are transfers and then they are recruits. I am sure that Corbin has had their fair share of transfers. The difference is when a coach or booster, under his direction talks with a kid and tries to get him to join the team. There is a big difference.

exactly right.
pjdoug Wrote:?*. looks like you did. :happytear:

Not me I think it's funny Lol
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Whitley has a lot of talented players. The student/athlete you are referring to is a tremendous kid and player but he came when he was in middle school. When he was a Freshman he was like 115 pounds. He worked his tail end off and made himself a player. Don't make sound like he just moved yesterday. He is a two sport player at Whitley and really given the choice between the educational opportunities at Whitley vs MC wouldn't you make the same choice. It is a different situation when you go after an established player who may or may not have to sit out

Never said he just moved. Yes he did come to Whitley in Middle School because Bozeman was Coaching at Whitley, His Family and Boze are close. Still fact remains if he was at MC he could make them a lot better. I wish him and Whitley the best. In fact saw him at a lot of MC Basketball Games this season. I think he can play at next level.
Cellking Wrote:Never said he just moved. Yes he did come to Whitley in Middle School because Bozeman was Coaching at Whitley, His Family and Boze are close. Still fact remains if he was at MC he could make them a lot better. I wish him and Whitley the best. In fact saw him at a lot of MC Basketball Games this season. I think he can play at next level.

if he ain't supposed to be here I hope you get him back. I bet Whitley would be a whole lot better if they had all the players that they are supposed to have Smile
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Not me I think it's funny Lol

of course you do.
I like Bell Co. As at most schools Coach Hilton is only as good as his players and his assistants. He has always seemed to be blessed with both which has given him the ability to win a lot of games.
Yes that the truth
bigscreen Wrote:I like Bell Co. As at most schools Coach Hilton is only as good as his players and his assistants. He has always seemed to be blessed with both which has given him the ability to win a lot of games.

Don't tell him that! In his mind he, alone, turned chicken poop into chicken salad on multiple occasions.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next