• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
64SUR Wrote:40 more days Whitley County :mop::mop::mop:

:welcome::ChairHit:
How did we look at the 7/7 yesterday
fence jumper Wrote:How did we look at the 7/7 yesterday

I was told Corbin offense look awesome, Thursday Corbin will be scrimmage Somerset and southwestern at Corbin 6 or 7 o'clock :popcorn:
well
hchs fan Wrote:well

:what: hchs Confusedmoke:
sounds good wont be much longer till kickoff 64
The Outsider Wrote:What is Noah Taylor's status? Who will be the backup QB if he is not fully recovered from his knee injury?

Was told it may be Sept before Noah is ready to go, has Dr appointment soon and should know more...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin is at Whitley on the 19th according to the khsaa site which is saturday.
Itd be cool if they could get a bowl game together with Williamsburg playing somebody like south before hand every year, but it would only work with turf which I hope they both stay away from
Corbin vs Whitley is definitely a Saturday game. It's now The First Priority Bowl it seems. Would be cool if they played it on the new turf at UC. But if I'm Whitley I would have an issue giving up a true home game.
64SUR Wrote:I was told Corbin offense look awesome, Thursday Corbin will be scrimmage Somerset and southwestern at Corbin 6 or 7 o'clock :popcorn:

I needed to add Clay County to this lists Confusedhh:
Is the scrimmage still on for today. Currently a downpour in Corbin.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Is the scrimmage still on for today. Currently a downpour in Corbin.

:Thumbs: yes
Is the start time 6:00 or 7:00?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Is the start time 6:00 or 7:00?

It Was at 6.00 Corbin look very, very good on offense and defense. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :insane:
64SUR Wrote:It Was at 6.00 Corbin look very, very good on offense and defense. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :insane:

Corbin will still end up with 3 losses. Alcoa by 30+, Mayfield, and Belfry will be close losses for Corbin.
64SUR Wrote:It Was at 6.00 Corbin look very, very good on offense and defense. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :insane:

That's awesome! Glad the Hounds are looking good. Good luck on a successful injury free season for Corbin.
#55PirateFan Wrote:That's awesome! Glad the Hounds are looking good. Good luck on a successful injury free season for Corbin.

I'm jealous 64 didn't hit the like button for my post
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'm jealous 64 didn't hit the like button for my post

I think he just liked mine because he didn't expect to here something like that from a Belfry fan! Lol! But in all seriousness, I saw Corbin play for the first time last year in the Semi's against Belfry and was very impressed!
killbilly usmc Wrote:Corbin will still end up with 3 losses. Alcoa by 30+, Mayfield, and Belfry will be close losses for Corbin.

Confusednicker: @ 30 +
Not many teams would beat those 3 teams. The schedule is daunting.
pjdoug Wrote:Confusednicker: @ 30 +

30+ is actually being pretty generous to Corbin. Wouldn't suprise me a bit if Alcoa won 45 to 0. They are always just that dang good. I've seen many times over the years Alcoa go 14-1 with there only loss being to 6a Maryville who would go undefeated, and beat everybody else by over 30, but Alcoa would keep it within 10 points of them. You can't name a 3a team in Kentucky that could keep it within 2 scores of Trinity almost every single year, but Alcoa does just that almost every year against Maryville who is about the equivalent of Trinity. I hear Alcoa is actually just 2a, but plays up to 3a, and kills everybody. Apparently all the top players in the knoxville area funnels to those 2 schools.
killbilly usmc Wrote:30+ is actually being pretty generous to Corbin. Wouldn't suprise me a bit if Alcoa won 45 to 0. They are always just that dang good. I've seen many times over the years Alcoa go 14-1 with there only loss being to 6a Maryville who would go undefeated, and beat everybody else by over 30, but Alcoa would keep it within 10 points of them. You can't name a 3a team in Kentucky that could keep it within 2 scores of Trinity almost every single year, but Alcoa does just that almost every year against Maryville who is about the equivalent of Trinity. I hear Alcoa is actually just 2a, but plays up to 3a, and kills everybody. Apparently all the top players in the knoxville area funnels to those 2 schools.

I can be to Alcoa/Maryville in less than an hour so I've visited there area too many times to count. They are definitely two tough football programs, and your prediction wouldn't surprise me a bit .
No way Alcoa beats Corbin very bad.
If all the hype I hear about Corbin is true and if they are as good as advertised by everyone on here then no way they lose but maybe 1 game all year.
diceman Wrote:No way Alcoa beats Corbin very bad.
If all the hype I hear about Corbin is true and if they are as good as advertised by everyone on here then no way they lose but maybe 1 game all year.

I can easily see Corbin losing only one game this year. I think their going to be that good. I just hope that one lose comes on Pond Creek in the Semi's! Regardless, good luck to Corbin.
diceman Wrote:No way Alcoa beats Corbin very bad.

Yes Alcoa will beat Corbin bad. Also remember Belfry played horrible for 3qrtrs and still won by 30, and this year it would be in Belfry. You might even lose to the smaller class Mayfield they spotted Corbin 21 by special teams blunders, and still won the game by dominating 490 to 175 in yards. Tell me how you can guarantee that at the very most they will lose just 1 game. The Alcoa game is an automatic loss, then they will drop another to either Mayfield or Belfry.
I can use some spending money if anyone wants to quit talking and lay some down on Corbin vs Alcoa.
I'll take Mccreary Central by 14. Hope these pain pills the Dr subscribed to me ain't ruining my judgement.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Tell me how you can guarantee that at the very most they will lose just 1 game.

Just going by how hyped the Corbin fans say they are that good. How great they look at 7-7, super locker rooms, etc.
Yeah I was under the impression they would run the table.
diceman Wrote:Just going by how hyped the Corbin fans say they are that good. How great they look at 7-7, super locker rooms, etc.
Yeah I was under the impression they would run the table.

7 on 7 doesn't mean anything lol
7 on 7? Locker rooms? good grief never seen that win a game on a Friday night. Seen many great 7 on 7 teams that looked unstopable flame out early in the playoffs. About every great Mayfield team looked average at best in 7 on 7. Games are won in the trenches.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:7 on 7 doesn't mean anything lol

Glad someone agrees. Never seen a qb get laid out in 7 on 7, then have to play the rest of the game with fear in his eyes that the line might not block, and the rabid animals on d might get him again.
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next