•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
killbilly usmc Wrote:7 on 7? Locker rooms? good grief never seen that win a game on a Friday night. Seen many great 7 on 7 teams that looked unstopable flame out early in the playoffs. About every great Mayfield team looked average at best in 7 on 7. Games are won in the trenches.

I agree with you. But listening to Corbin fans they seem to be the most indestructible and elite team this side of the the Mississippi River.
diceman Wrote:I agree with you. But listening to Corbin fans they seem to be the most indestructible and elite team this side of the the Mississippi River.

I have a feeling Alcoa will be the reality check they need. Would love to see Corbin take them but don't think they can hang. I need to go to the TN thread and see what type of team they expect this year. I know they haven't had a team in the last 5 years that was short of awesome.
pjdoug Wrote:I can be to Alcoa/Maryville in less than an hour so I've visited there area too many times to count. They are definitely two tough football programs, and your prediction wouldn't surprise me a bit .

I don't know what there area means Smile
diceman Wrote:No way Alcoa beats Corbin very bad.
If all the hype I hear about Corbin is true and if they are as good as advertised by everyone on here then no way they lose but maybe 1 game all year.

I don't really think they will beat Corbin by 30 + but it is possible,and if they do. Corbin might not have much of a shot at winning a state title .
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'll take Mccreary Central by 14. Hope these pain pills the Dr subscribed to me ain't ruining my judgement.

You're on some kind of bad pills. lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:7 on 7 doesn't mean anything lol

64 thinks it does :biggrin:
killbilly usmc Wrote:I have a feeling Alcoa will be the reality check they need. Would love to see Corbin take them but don't think they can hang. I need to go to the TN thread and see what type of team they expect this year. I know they haven't had a team in the last 5 years that was short of awesome.

I was in Alcoa tonight. I expect The Tornadoes to be strong again this year .
diceman Wrote:I agree with you. But listening to Corbin fans they seem to be the most indestructible and elite team this side of the the Mississippi River.

Let's put Rock on the schedule and you can decide for yourself
chs crazy Wrote:Let's put Rock on the schedule and you can decide for yourself

Would love to see each other play again, was a great rivalry and one we owned.
I'm curious how Corbin will react in a tight game with there season on the line. Corbin may be pretty good in the future, but we all know this is supposed to be the year for them as they lose key pieces after this year. The pressure will be high as its now or never. Last year they outplayed belfry for much of the game, but when it got tight they didn't answer the bell even though the pressure wasn't as high cause no one expected them to beat belfry. Belfry turned it up late when they could have folded, and the pressure was more on Belfry as it was one of their greatest teams. The roles are reversed I'm not sure Corbin will handle the pressure. Belfry is playing with house money this year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'm curious how Corbin will react in a tight game with there season on the line. Corbin may be pretty good in the future, but we all know this is supposed to be the year for them as they lose key pieces after this year. The pressure will be high as its now or never. Last year they outplayed belfry for much of the game, but when it got tight they didn't answer the bell even though the pressure wasn't as high cause no one expected them to beat belfry. Belfry turned it up late when they could have folded, and the pressure was more on Belfry as it was one of their greatest teams. The roles are reversed I'm not sure Corbin will handle the pressure. Belfry is playing with house money this year.

I'm sure they'll add new pieces same as Mayfield does :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sure they'll add new pieces same as Mayfield does :biggrin:

Does Mayfield just add kids from their own place.
diceman Wrote:Does Mayfield just add kids from their own place.

Oh brother here we go
killbilly usmc Wrote:Oh brother here we go

No
Just don't know what kind of school mayfield has or if it's a private type school.

Do they have a middle school or do elem school kids just pick where to go
diceman Wrote:No
Just don't know what kind of school mayfield has or if it's a private type school.

That'd be a great question for the Mayfield page
diceman Wrote:No

Its not a private school. Its a public school, yes there is a Mayfield Middle school, and a Mayfield elementary, they are independant, and are completely separate from the Graves County school system.
Yes mayfield has a elementary middle and high school and to answer your question I'm gonna say 97% of our football team has know each other since pre school and that's also about when they started playing or at least watching cardinal football we are a public school so yes there are some players from surrounding areas that did move to mayfield but as I said most of our players are born and raised in mayfield ky
killbilly usmc Wrote:Its not a private school. Its a public school, yes there is a Mayfield Middle school, and a Mayfield elementary, they are independant, and are completely separate from the Graves County school system.

Ok
I didn't know that
I thought it may be like in louisville where kids pick where to go after elementary or middle school
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'm curious how Corbin will react in a tight game with there season on the line. Corbin may be pretty good in the future, but we all know this is supposed to be the year for them as they lose key pieces after this year. The pressure will be high as its now or never. Last year they outplayed belfry for much of the game, but when it got tight they didn't answer the bell even though the pressure wasn't as high cause no one expected them to beat belfry. Belfry turned it up late when they could have folded, and the pressure was more on Belfry as it was one of their greatest teams. The roles are reversed I'm not sure Corbin will handle the pressure. Belfry is playing with house money this year.

I don't think anyone is playing with house money this season. Some say Corbin is a slight favorite, but I think belfry is the king of the mountain till someone knocks them off. Also, the game will be at Belfry which more than negates any slight advantage Corbin is supposed to have. I think that if Corbin and belfry play in the semis belfry will be a slight favorite. Either way I think it'll be a very tight game.
diceman Wrote:Does Mayfield just add kids from their own place.
Confusednicker:
Is this a cross bracelet year in high school football just asking. TongueirateSho
64SUR Wrote:Is this a cross bracelet year in high school football just asking. TongueirateSho

I've heard that they will announce after some meeting coming up which districts will pair up in playoff regions. I'm curious myself. If belfry, and Corbin are both 1 seeds, but their districts are placed in the same region they would meet in regional finals instead of semis. It would make a great finals, but I think I heard that it will still keep a east vs West finals so you will either get belfry in round 3 or 4 provided both are 1s, and neither gets eliminated. Example is usually district 5 and 6 was region 3, and district 7 and 8 was region 4 now it will rotate where district 5 and 7 are in the same region another year 5 would be paired with 8.
It started in 6a when people got tired of seeing there team knocked out of the playoffs early by one of the superdistrict teams. Think of all the years Corbin didn't have to play Belfry till 4th round while some other team usually Russell that was a 1 seed got them a round earlier every year. Now no free rides to the semis for Corbin you will get belfry a round earlier every couple 3 years. Since the first 2 years of this alignment has had district 7 and 8 paired I'll guess the next 2 years district 8 will be paired one year with 5 the other year 6 question is will it be district 6 with 8 this year or next?
killbilly usmc Wrote:I've heard that they will announce after some meeting coming up which districts will pair up in playoff regions. I'm curious myself. If belfry, and Corbin are both 1 seeds, but their districts are placed in the same region they would meet in regional finals instead of semis. It would make a great finals, but I think I heard that it will still keep a east vs West finals so you will either get belfry in round 3 or 4 provided both are 1s, and neither gets eliminated. Example is usually district 5 and 6 was region 3, and district 7 and 8 was region 4 now it will rotate where district 5 and 7 are in the same region another year 5 would be paired with 8.

This Hillbilly is struggling with what you just said Killbilly ymca, my understanding somebody from the east will be going to the west in the semi-final. :insane::popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:This Hillbilly is struggling with what you just said Killbilly ymca, my understanding somebody from the east will be going to the west in the semi-final. :insane::popcorn:

Maybe I got it wrong but I was thinking districts 1-4 all stay west, and 5-8 east and just rotate playing the other 3 districts on your side. Thats what they have been doing in 6a. McCracken has had to be paired up with different districts including the super district, but they haven't been placed with any district past louisville. If what you are saying is true you could have a Corbin belfry final but I'm pretty sure all 4 districts that has been east will always be east just rotate. No way they are going to put belfry and paducah tilghman playing in 1st 4 rounds, they will keep the east vs West. Can't imagine them saying belfry won the West or caldwell the east. You can wish but it won't happen. They tried once its called the Lawrence county rule, they did a blind draw doing away with the east vs West concept in the finals and Lawrence county had to drive to Mayfield from what I heard that ended that experiment after that 1 year.
Now technically you may be going farther West since your district 8 will be paired with 5 or 6, instead of always paired with 7, but district 8 will never be paired with districts 1-4. Tilghman will always be in the west, belfry in the east.
The KHSAA has once again done something completely retarded because a few were mad they couldn't make a semi or region title.
These teams forget to mention that they will ultimately get absolutely killed when it's time to play the good teams.
It's just dumb. They've changed it in almost every class now.
I heard the next alignment Corbin would more than likely move to 4A any truth to that if so they need to just leave the playoffs like they are because you would be getting a different team in the simi game anyway after this year
64SUR Wrote:Is this a cross bracelet year in high school football just asking. TongueirateSho

bracelet Confusednicker:
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I heard the next alignment Corbin would more than likely move to 4A any truth to that if so they need to just leave the playoffs like they are because you would be getting a different team in the simi game anyway after this year

From what I understand that's true, Corbin's numbers have risen a lot since the last alignment.
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next