Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Washington Post and The New York Times
Is it possible for anyone to get more enjoyment out of anything than it is to watch Donald Trump drive these two absolutely bananas?

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Is it possible for anyone to get more enjoyment out of anything than it is to watch Donald Trump drive these two absolutely bananas?

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

Dick Nixon went down the road of villifying the press. It is a treacherous path unless one is squeaky clean in all one's dealings.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Dick Nixon went down the road of villifying the press. It is a treacherous path unless one is squeaky clean in all one's dealings.

I don't think it will ever matter concerning Trump...This press is a whole 'nother animal than anything Nixon ever experienced. If he doesn't do anything wrong, they'll make something up....But then again, Trump is a whole 'nother animal than anything they have ever seen.

It's wonderful entertainment to watch how he controls them, rather than the other way around....They. Just. Can't. Handle It.

Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:I don't think it will ever matter concerning Trump...This press is a whole 'nother animal than anything Nixon ever experienced. If he doesn't do anything wrong, they'll make something up....But then again, Trump is a whole 'nother animal than anything they have ever seen.

It's wonderful entertainment to watch how he controls them, rather than the other way around....They. Just. Can't. Handle It.

Confusednicker:

We shall see. But remember, the margins in key electoral states were not so large that completely alienating the press makes for good politics ultimately, in my view.

I hope PE Trump and the majority don't back up from major infrastructure investment.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:We shall see. But remember, the margins in key electoral states were not so large that completely alienating the press makes for good politics ultimately, in my view.

I hope PE Trump and the majority don't back up from major infrastructure investment.

Perhaps a degree of uncertainty of Trump's intension's was there...His cabinet picks, and the initial actions of him early speak to me as "A man who says what he means, and does what he says".

As you said. We shall see....But I am optimistic.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Dick Nixon went down the road of villifying the press. It is a treacherous path unless one is squeaky clean in all one's dealings.

Real journalist would expose crooked politicians no matter how nice they are to the press.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Real journalist would expose crooked politicians no matter how nice they are to the press.

Yes, and in an ideal world, the filthy rich would pay their taxes.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Yes, and in an ideal world, the filthy rich would pay their taxes.

Better make that a liberal world.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Better make that a liberal world.

Nah, I think I'll just stick with what I posted. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Not only do I enjoy watching the NYT and Washington Post disgrace themselves over Donald Trump, but I am pleased to see the Lexington Herald-Leader fall on hard times. The fact that the far left wing H-L has been forced to cut the size of its pages is hilarious. Typical liberal mindset, give people less of what they want and charge them more for what they don't want. It would be great to see a newspaper more reflective of Kentucky values to rise and put the H-L out of its misery. It was never a good newspaper but it has never been worse and it has never been a worse value than it is now.