Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Co. Cal Ripken Baseball
Johnson County Youth Baseball/Softball League also known as Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth baseball and softball will have registration on Saturday, February 17 and Saturday, February 24 from 10:00- 2:00. Also any adult that would like to volunteer to manage, coach or help in other ways can also fill out an application at this time. Tryouts will be on Saturday, March 10 with the time and location to be announced at a later date. I will post this information as soon as possible. For more information, contact Jason Hurt, President at 606-789-2526. Also, any business interested in sponsoring a team, advertising in the program or advertising on a banner at the field can also contact Jason. Anyone that has a question can also PM me and I will get you an answer.
Last sign up will be next Saturday, February 24 from 10:00 till 2:00 at Johnson County Middle School.
Johnson Co. Cal Ripken League is a joke, and I heard that some of the boys who play JCHS Baseball are going to play for the Sr. League at Paintsville Little League.
Thanks for the Info Thomcat. JCYBL is a great league.
[QUOTE=WH15K3R 815CU17]Johnson Co. Cal Ripken League is a joke, and I heard that some of the boys who play JCHS Baseball are going to play for the Sr. League at Paintsville Little League.[/QUOTE]

yes i have head this as well.
This statement may shock a lot of people, but the most important thing is not where you play BUT that you play. However, our league is not a joke. Over 600 chose to participate during the last season.:Thumbs:
With over 600 kids involved doesn't sound like too much of a JOKE.Sounds like they are pretty serious about getting kids on a baseball field.
RIPKIN Wrote:With over 600 kids involved doesn't sound like too much of a JOKE.Sounds like they are pretty serious about getting kids on a baseball field.

well thats good to have 600 kids learning to play basbeall at the early age in the county but i would rather play for the Jr. or Sr. league with the same bunch that startin in Pville little leauge at about 6 years old growing up playing baseball together and win thoughs state championships!!
THOMCAT Wrote:This statement may shock a lot of people, but the most important thing is not where you play BUT that you play. However, our league is not a joke. Over 600 chose to participate during the last season.:Thumbs:

Your correct! The name of the game is getting kids involved in baseball. Regardless of what you call the league name.
GAP1 Wrote:Your correct! The name of the game is getting kids involved in baseball. Regardless of what you call the league name.

Some don't understand this, it is all about themselves and what they get out of it. Congrats to the Cal Ripkin league for getting kids involved. Wish everyone's view was about the kids instead of parents reliving their lost youth through their kids. But adults will be adults....
Well said
Tiger98 Wrote:Some don't understand this, it is all about themselves and what they get out of it. Congrats to the Cal Ripkin league for getting kids involved. Wish everyone's view was about the kids instead of parents reliving their lost youth through their kids. But adults will be adults....

What about coaches that pick up players from other teams(and their best players at that) all year long to play games So that they would be assured the number 1 seed in the tourny? Every game they would have their best 6-7 players and then get the best 2-3 players from another team and play. Not right IMO but it happened all year. Then all of a sudden, when the Tourny started, they had their best 9 players show up!!! LOL And was allowed to do this with blessings as he was named All Satar Coach!

The league as a whole last year was pretty good. A few bugs to work out and one to squash.
The Guru Wrote:What about coaches that pick up players from other teams(and their best players at that) all year long to play games So that they would be assured the number 1 seed in the tourny? Every game they would have their best 6-7 players and then get the best 2-3 players from another team and play. Not right IMO but it happened all year. Then all of a sudden, when the Tourny started, they had their best 9 players show up!!! LOL And was allowed to do this with blessings as he was named All Satar Coach!

The league as a whole last year was pretty good. A few bugs to work out and one to squash.
This really happened????? Don't they have a rule book or rules to follow??
This is awful if they let the kids do this and very unfair....in my opinion.
from what i have heard the the league is a joke:letsparty
pikevilleball Wrote:from what i have heard the the league is a joke:letsparty

:lmao: whatever!
Gatortater Wrote:This really happened????? Don't they have a rule book or rules to follow??
This is awful if they let the kids do this and very unfair....in my opinion.

Yes it happened, and you will not find anyone that can deny it. It was in the Babe Ruth division where there wasn't much supervision from the board. The rest of the leagues were run pretty good from what I gathered. Just let a couple do as they wished in the older division and they abused their privis to the fullest. The Cal Ripkin part was good though, so don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the league or the board. I also heard that they don't have to worry about the lowlife this year though, he was heard saying he wasn't doing anything with baseball this year as his kid has an interest in soccer. Can't wait til he trys to pull his stunts on "soccer moms"!
The Guru Wrote:Yes it happened, and you will not find anyone that can deny it. It was in the Babe Ruth division where there wasn't much supervision from the board. The rest of the leagues were run pretty good from what I gathered. Just let a couple do as they wished in the older division and they abused their privis to the fullest. The Cal Ripkin part was good though, so don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the league or the board. I also heard that they don't have to worry about the lowlife this year though, he was heard saying he wasn't doing anything with baseball this year as his kid has an interest in soccer. Can't wait til he trys to pull his stunts on "soccer moms"!

Smile Smile :lmao:
Buckeyex7x Wrote:Smile Smile :lmao:

Have I lied?
The Guru Wrote:Have I lied?
no thats what i was laughing lol!!! Smile
THOMCAT Wrote:Last sign up will be next Saturday, February 24 from 10:00 till 2:00 at Johnson County Middle School.

Sorry for the mistake. This was the last sign up in February. There will also be a sign up on Saturday, March 3 at Johnson County Middle School from 10:00- 2:00.
As much as it hurts me to say this, Cal Ripen/Babe Ruth is not a joke. Paintsville Little League has had less that 50 kids sign up this year. Maybe we are the joke.
Tiger77 Wrote:As much as it hurts me to say this, Cal Ripen/Babe Ruth is not a joke. Paintsville Little League has had less that 50 kids sign up this year. Maybe we are the joke.
Guess it's not too big of a joke since all of their kids started in Paintsville Little League before going to Cal Ripkin/Babe Ruth. Does anyone know if Cal Ripkin shouldn't split into 2 different leagues because of the number they have or based on the county's population??
No League is a joke, if it enriches the children. There may be some real "jokers" within those leagues... but there are "jokers" in everything.

Baseball may not be for everyone, but until the children get up into middle school & high school, it should be. It's a great sport!

Parents should expose their children to everything (all sports etc.), so the kids may decide upon what they love best. PLL and CRL will help to do this.

I hope everyone finds their niche because there is nothing better than going out and watching your kids... no matter what it is they choose to do!
IISnakE Wrote:No League is a joke, if it enriches the children. There may be some real "jokers" within those leagues... but there are "jokers" in everything.

Baseball may not be for everyone, but until the children get up into middle school & high school, it should be. It's a great sport!

Parents should expose their children to everything (all sports etc.), so the kids may decide upon what they love best. PLL and CRL will help to do this.

I hope everyone finds their niche because there is nothing better than going out and watching your kids... no matter what it is they choose to do!

Best post yet Snake!! :thumpsup:
IISnakE Wrote:No League is a joke, if it enriches the children. There may be some real "jokers" within those leagues... but there are "jokers" in everything.

One of the best posts that I have read. Keep kids first. :letsparty
WH15K3R 815CU17 Wrote:Johnson Co. Cal Ripken League is a joke, and I heard that some of the boys who play JCHS Baseball are going to play for the Sr. League at Paintsville Little League.
u are right it is a huge joke. they should have left it as Little League
Tiger77 Wrote:As much as it hurts me to say this, Cal Ripen/Babe Ruth is not a joke. Paintsville Little League has had less that 50 kids sign up this year. Maybe we are the joke.

I was told that CR signups were down from last year as well. Will they have a big number this year?
I have no idea where anybody got a the number of 50. The number is off from last year, but not that much. Neither league is a joke as long as they have the interest of children at the top of their list.

Maybe neither league would be consider jokes if people spent more time working to better either or both leagues, than calling them jokes.
This thread was not started to allow people to bash either league. It was started to provide people with info about sign ups. The goal was to get the word out about when and where to sign up. If both leagues will put the kids first, then numbers will not be a problem. The kids will want to play.
Youngerthandirt Wrote:I have no idea where anybody got a the number of 50. The number is off from last year, but not that much. Neither league is a joke as long as they have the interest of children at the top of their list.

Maybe neither league would be consider jokes if people spent more time working to better either or both leagues, than calling them jokes.

I had heard numbers were down but had not heard down to fifty though. Glad to hear it is not bad. Might even get more out.
Anything I could do to help, I would.