Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Dillon of Mingo Central
Voted best player in West Virginia!!!!

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/hi...925a1.html
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Voted best player in West Virginia!!!!

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/hi...925a1.html

Congratulations to him! :Thumbs:

What an honor.
Congrats to Jeremy
Wrangler Wrote:This is for kentucky high school football not w.va go post on a wva site. we don't care about West Virginia dummy

Yes we do!
I for one enjoy hearing about some local kids and teams in WVa
Shocked he didn't end up in Belfry.
They played no one.. 2A WV is the very very weak
But the kid can play
BP2011 Wrote:They played no one.. 2A WV is the very very weak
But the kid can play

Ive never understood this paradox. WV football sucks, yet Belfry can roll Lexington and Louisville teams because they have WV players. Lol I guess it depends which day it is, or which debate is on the table.
I'm trying to figure out why this is even on our Ky website
If you went by that logic then you couldn't put any Belfry post on a Ky website.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I'm trying to figure out why this is even on our Ky website

The title of the thread is High School Football

NOT Belfry Football or Harlan County Football.

I hope that explains it to you sufficiently.
Is this West Virginia's version of Mr. Football?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I see no problem with sharing this young man's accomplishments on this site. Grow up guys! Congrats to this KID!
Granny Bear Wrote:The title of the thread is High School Football

NOT Belfry Football or Harlan County Football.

I hope that explains it to you sufficiently.

The title of this thread is Jeremy Dillon of mingo Central
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:The title of this thread is Jeremy Dillon of mingo Central

First caption is High School, then Football, then the individual subject lines.

This Jeremy Dillon thread is directly under "Football" which is directly under "High School".

Nothing "Kentucky" about it.
I personally don't mind it one bit, I think it's great to hear, but I do have to play devil's advocate on this one. Sorry lol Confusednicker:

This is the directory to this specific thread:

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football » Updates Jeremy Dillon of Mingo Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
You are correct!

So should I delete this topic??
Granny Bear Wrote:You are correct!

Goodness no. He's from a school very very close to the Ky border. He's considered a local story for those of us here. Many times I see posters from NKy bring up Cincinnati area players in threads and rarely anyone complains. Whoever is complaining needs to get the bunch out of their panties, if you will pardon my French, Granny.

Congrats to the young man. Well deserved honor from all accounts I've heard of him.
That isn't French!!
Confusednicker:

And I agree with you.

[Image: http://www.joytime.org/wp-content/upload...00x199.jpg]
Granny Bear Wrote:You are correct!

No, not at all. I love hearing about high school football period. Doesn't matter where the team is from. I just wanted to see if you would bring out the feared "Cain of Pain".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I would argue that 2A football in WVA is as weak or strong as 3A or football overall in the state of Kentucky. Eighty percent of the games played are all lopsided in Kentucky. There is simply not enough competition at any class or level except maybe 1A in Kentucky.
I don't lash out if I'm wrong!

The cane of pain normally gets pulled on my two blackitties!!
WinkWinkler Wrote:I would argue that 2A football in WVA is as weak or strong as 3A or football overall in the state of Kentucky. Eighty percent of the games played are all lopsided in Kentucky. There is simply not enough competition at any class or level except maybe 1A in Kentucky.

You are getting competitive and strong confused.

Mingo Central would have probably been the 5th best team in KY 3A this year.

Belfry would have beat them by at least 4-5 TD's

Corbin, Central, LexCath I would take by 2 TD's

Etown I would give a slight edge, maybe 3 to 7 points.

I would put Mingo Central on very similar footing as Russell or Caldwell County, probably with Mingo as a TD favorite against either.

Look no further than the Tolsia vs. Boyd County series the past two years to get an idea of the level of WV 2A Football. Tolsia beat Mingo Central in 2015 and was a Top 3 team in 2A, Boyd County was AWFUL and lost to Lawrence County and Russell by lopsided margins.Boyd defeated Tolsia.

Tolsia moved to 1A this year but would have been a Top 10 2A team and Boyd County was even worse this year, probably one of the weakest 4A teams and a bottom third team in 3A by comparison, Boyd gave Tolsia all they wanted.

Most years Bridgeport is the top team in WV 2A and I would compare them most years to a Corbin type of squad.

Just because there is more parity between the WV 2A teams does not make them stronger. Just makes closer games between mediocre teams.
This is the common thread between KY and WV football, just like the opposite would be said when you compare KY to Ohio.

It's a numbers game.

In most years the best big schools in WV would compete 1 for 1 with 6A schools in KY. Martinsburg, for example this year, could line up with Male, Lafayette, St. X and compete... the problem is there was only one Martinsburg and KY has five or six teams on that level and a couple teams a level above (Trinity and Bowling Green).

But when you compare KY to OH it is the same story, for every Trinity or BG there are five or six equivalents and a team or two in a different realm.

West Virginia didn't have a team like Johnson Central or Belfry in their enrollment ranges, but they did have teams that could compete with Central and Franklin-Simpson. Yet, Ohio would have five or six teams similar to Belfry and JC and a couple teams that are notches above.

The step down from WV 3A to WV 2A and 1A is drastic because of this. Rarely will a WV 2A or 1A team be able to beat the better 3A teams.Heck, I don't think Mingo Central would have been able to stay within two scores of Cabell Midland or Capital.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are getting competitive and strong confused.

Mingo Central would have probably been the 5th best team in KY 3A this year.

Belfry would have beat them by at least 4-5 TD's

Corbin, Central, LexCath I would take by 2 TD's

Etown I would give a slight edge, maybe 3 to 7 points.

I would put Mingo Central on very similar footing as Russell or Caldwell County, probably with Mingo as a TD favorite against either

Look no further than the Tolsia vs. Boyd County series the past two years to get an idea of the level of WV 2A Football. Tolsia beat Mingo Central in 2015 and was a Top 3 team in 2A, Boyd County was AWFUL and lost to Lawrence County and Russell by lopsided margins.Boyd defeated Tolsia.

Tolsia moved to 1A this year but would have been a Top 10 2A team and Boyd County was even worse this year, probably one of the weakest 4A teams and a bottom third team in 3A by comparison, Boyd gave Tolsia all they wanted.

Most years Bridgeport is the top team in WV 2A and I would compare them most years to a Corbin type of squad.

Just because there is more parity between the WV 2A teams does not make them stronger. Just makes closer games between mediocre teams.

I can't tell you about Caldwell Co. I didn't see them play but I can say Russell would have beat them by two or three touchdowns I went and watched there simi game I was disappointed it wasn't what it was hiped up to be
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This is the common thread between KY and WV football, just like the opposite would be said when you compare KY to Ohio.

It's a numbers game.

In most years the best big schools in WV would compete 1 for 1 with 6A schools in KY. Martinsburg, for example this year, could line up with Male, Lafayette, St. X and compete... the problem is there was only one Martinsburg and KY has five or six teams on that level and a couple teams a level above (Trinity and Bowling Green).

But when you compare KY to OH it is the same story, for every Trinity or BG there are five or six equivalents and a team or two in a different realm.

West Virginia didn't have a team like Johnson Central or Belfry in their enrollment ranges, but they did have teams that could compete with Central and Franklin-Simpson. Yet, Ohio would have five or six teams similar to Belfry and JC and a couple teams that are notches above.

The step down from WV 3A to WV 2A and 1A is drastic because of this. Rarely will a WV 2A or 1A team be able to beat the better 3A teams.Heck, I don't think Mingo Central would have been able to stay within two scores of Cabell Midland or Capital.

I just went down Ky 3A top ten they might have been tenth they wouldn't have dropped pass 11th going by what I saw out of them and knowing Ky football we still got three open spots for next year put them on the schedule it won't help us none but it would shout some people up
How in the world did this thread go from complimenting one young man's accomplishments to Belfry would destroy Mingo Central? My kid plays for Belfry and yeah Belfry more than likely would beat Central. You know what, Belfry should beat Central. There a much bigger program with a lot more players to choose from! I graduated from Matewan back in '94, a championship year by the way, and it was the same old story. Everybody was garbage that went to Matewan and everybody that went to Belfry could walk on water! I to went and watched Central play this year and most of the people that were there knew me and knew my son played for Belfry. And all I kept hearing from them was how much they hoped Belfry would win and how they hoped my kid was successful in the future. And then I go to Belfry games and all I hear is how Mingo Central doesn't even deserve to be on the same field as Belfry, how Central kids and coaches are nothing but Thugs, and they would put a running clock on Mingo by halftime! It's ridiculous! I'm sick of hearing grown men downgrade kids. There's no call for it. Like I said, so what if Belfry would beat Mingo Central! The topic of this thread is that a young man on a LOCAL high school football team did something special. But like always on here, it just can't be left at that! I'm done with my rant now and probably piss some people off and get banned from this site but I don't care. You folks have a nice day!
I like the way you broke that down EKU LOL
The bottom line is simple: Put Jeremy Dillon on any football field and his team will compete with any team similar in enrollment and size. I believe that he accounted for almost 60 touchdowns. That is impressive.
Lmaf