Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida 64 Kentucky 61
Anybody else love the fact that Morris outscored Noah and Horford combined?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jasper plays to quiet IMO! he got a couple of rebounds early but just really didn't do anything to help Kentucky tonight. Of course he really didn't do anything to hurt them either.
The fact that Kentucky shot so poorly from 3 point range and only lost to the #1 team by 3 says something. The poor start doomed them from the beginning getting down 24-12 early. Cory Brewer did a great job in the 2nd half, and yeah it would have been nice to have him but the same fact is Kentucky had the #1 recruiting class without Brewer in 2004. Tubby did an amazing job of doubling down on their frontcourt and stopping penetration. Horford and Noah were shut down easily. I think they get us in Gainesville but Kentucky can keep in close again. If they meet in the SEC tournament it's Kentucky's game. Florida is a very beatable team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to florida on a hard fought game.
I said it once and I'll say it agian Flordia is overrated! Cats are the better team. u make 3-20 some from behind the arc and still lose by 3? Come on now. #1 rating for the gators is way to high. I also said Noah would not be a factor and agian I was right!
What killed kentucky was the 3 pointer, they only made like 3 from behind the arc. If ky would of hit 4 or 5 3 pointers then Kentucky would of came away with the Win..Congrats to both teams!!!
that, and your 86% free throw shooter goes 2-7 from the line, you make 11-20 free throws and 3-21 from the three point line. Noah and Horford didnt play well at all and Florida still beat UK in Rupp. I dont think that Florida is unbeatable, but I dont think that UK will be able to beat them this year, in Gainesville, or in the SEC tournament. They played gutsy, but tonight was the best shot they had to beat them.
NYY10 Wrote:What killed kentucky was the 3 pointer, they only made like 3 from behind the arc. If ky would of hit 4 or 5 3 pointers then Kentucky would of came away with the Win..Congrats to both teams!!!
I agree!
alfus21 Wrote:Tubby still leads Billy D since arriving at UK 12-9. I do think Tubby is a better coach, but I do think Donovan is a better recruiter. Tubby Smith is UK's coach, and nobody jumped on the Florida bandwagon until last season, and they won't again after this season. Once Billy D loses this team he'll be the joke he was before he got these guys. That is, if he stays at Florida instead of opting to go to the NBA.

:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
cards_athlete Wrote:One thing I will complain about tonight is putting Woo in. To me, he is one of the worst players to ever come to UK and actually get some playing time. Tubby's recruiting is awful. I say bring Billy back to Kentucky and give him the job! Maybe then my dreams of getting some outstanding players to come to UK will be furfilled. And of course a National Championship! Haven't had one since Rick's boys and its starting to get to me.
I agree he kills them every time he goes in the game.He is always one step behind,,,plus Bradley is someone who I will never have any faith in.
I agree with that rumpold.I think Bradley has no intestinal fortitude.
I will say one more thing no one wants to hear but like the gospel the word must get out.Only a great coach could take a team with such lousy players as Kentucky and play within 3 of the number 1 team in the country.Its ironic he recruited them.
Kentucky played their hearts out... if they could have hit some 3's and free throws they would have won this one by at least 10!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:Kentucky played their hearts out... if they could have hit some 3's and free throws they would have won this one by at least 10!
Thats the truth 15th region,,they played their hearts out and only bad shooting was why they lost.If the Rupp crowd would get behind them like that all the time they would play their hearts out all the time.Its hard being a wildcat.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I said it once and I'll say it agian Flordia is overrated! Cats are the better team. u make 3-20 some from behind the arc and still lose by 3? Come on now. #1 rating for the gators is way to high. I also said Noah would not be a factor and agian I was right!
Uhhh.....No, Florida is far from overated, maybe Kentucky is just good.
mcfan1 Wrote:Uhhh.....No, Florida is far from overated, maybe Kentucky is just good.

Uh yes they are overrated. Check there schedule its weak. Kansas and Ohio State. I mean they are not the number 1 team in the nation yes they are over rated! Noah is not as good as he is let on. Brewer is the heart and soul of that team. With out him they lose. Kentucky is better than what most people give them credit for. They made FLordia play there style of ball. Kentucky was just not shooting worth a hoot.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Uh yes they are overrated. Check there schedule its weak. Kansas and Ohio State. I mean they are not the number 1 team in the nation yes they are over rated! Noah is not as good as he is let on. Brewer is the heart and soul of that team. With out him they lose. Kentucky is better than what most people give them credit for. They made FLordia play there style of ball. Kentucky was just not shooting worth a hoot.
They won a national championship last year with the same team.They might be over rated but their rated where they are earned the right to be.Kentucky fans are kinda pitiful.cry cry cry,,I dont mean that towards you pillsbury.
Florida deserves to be #1. They lost 2 games, both without Brewer playing. They returned their starting 5 from a national title team. I don't think they're unbeatable though. They have several weaknesses including handling pressure outside the perimeter as they showed last night. It's easy to get them off their game and frustrate them. But they are where they deserve to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I also think Florida is where they deserve to be. Of course they aren't unbeatable. Its college basketball, anything can happen baby!
Joe Crawford was none existent once again he is the biggest waste of a talented player I have ever seen. He has all the talent in the world and only shows up occassionally. Free throws and the three point shooting lost it for Kentucky. With that said UK should of won by 10 or more.