Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in 15th Region?
The Guru Wrote:But AC is known for cooking books. I remember seeing stats where they supposedly had 8 guys batting .425 or better. You don't lose to anyone with that kind of hitting. So, maybe, just maybe, era stats are fudged a little. not sayiong that they are...just maybe.
Sometime if you ever have the opportunity watch what actually happens in an AC game and are then able to see what gets reported to the media, you will soon find out that on many occasions that when AC pitchers are throwing, a hit given up somehow has a way of becoming a ROE. You will also find out that when AC is batting, a lot of ROE's and fielder's choices suddenly have a way of becoming hits when they are reported to the media. I always found it humorous to listen to the guy that keeps the book for AC when he talks out loud about how he is scoring various situations.
It's my understanding that the "guy that keeps the book for AC" is no longer associated with the team.
rooster Wrote:Sometime if you ever have the opportunity watch what actually happens in an AC game and are then able to see what gets reported to the media, you will soon find out that on many occasions that when AC pitchers are throwing, a hit given up somehow has a way of becoming a ROE. You will also find out that when AC is batting, a lot of ROE's and fielder's choices suddenly have a way of becoming hits when they are reported to the media. I always found it humorous to listen to the guy that keeps the book for AC when he talks out loud about how he is scoring various situations.
That was my point!!! I saw AC 3 times last year and they gave up 27 runs in those games. Hard to believe that a team that commits that many errors could possibly win 23 games...lol
gotcha2 Wrote:It's my understanding that the "guy that keeps the book for AC" is no longer associated with the team.
Wonder if he is for hire??? LOL
I'M sure that if anyone wants to build Allen Central a new field they will take it. These kids do the best they can with what they have. It's not fair to hold a kids field aganist him. If we were talking about doubles maybe the kids from Johnson Central would have the advantage.I also watched Little hit a shot in the region last year that went as far as any ball could go and stay in. I don't know the measurements at Pike Central but it's a long way to dead center in the corner of that endzone
bad hop Wrote:I'M sure that if anyone wants to build Allen Central a new field they will take it. These kids do the best they can with what they have. It's not fair to hold a kids field aganist him. If we were talking about doubles maybe the kids from Johnson Central would have the advantage.I also watched Little hit a shot in the region last year that went as far as any ball could go and stay in. I don't know the measurements at Pike Central but it's a long way to dead center in the corner of that endzone

:thumpsup:
Allen Central is the laughing stock of the region. Who fires their coaching staff and hires their bookkeeper as head coach after you win the first regional title in school history, not to mention starting an infield made up of freshmen and one sophomore while doing so.
yo
yo????????