Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best in the 57th ditrict
I mean when all you put is OK!!! One would think that you are mad. I think JC will have a fine season. Coach Hall is a great worker!
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:I mean when all you put is OK!!! One would think that you are mad. I think JC will have a fine season. Coach Hall is a great worker!
Not mad at all. I just wasn't going to argue about it.
JC, has several kids that play very well.
The Guru Wrote:JC, has several kids that play very well.
As does Paintsville, and for that matter Lawrence Co. as well.
Buckeyex7x Wrote:Shane Grimm is the #2 and if not #1 in the region.
Grimm isn't top 2 in the district.
Three of the regions best teams are in 57th district thanks to a certain person in Pike County. *G*

It's sad to think that one of the three won't make it to the region, and even more sad to think that depending one the draw, two could not make it past the district play, since only two schools voted to seed.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Just having a little fun but it was funny to see nothing but Paintsville on this thread and if one knows anything about baseball anyone can win on a given day. I just hate that the three best teams in the region have to play in the same district. It would be a shame for us three to be in the same bracket and that can happen.:Thumbs:

This is exactly what SC and MC are hoping for! Limp their way through the season and get lucky with the draw and undeservingly make it to the Regionals.
Prep Star Wrote:Grimm isn't top 2 in the district.
who is?
I think you won't know who the best is in the 57th because they don't play each other in a competitive fashion during the season to battle for the top spot. There is no ranking for these teams, and therefore their tournament is not as good as it could be. You could have Magoffin County playing Sheldon Clark for a chance to make it to the region this year, and these 2 teams could be #4 and #5 in the 57th. I wish they would vote to seed the tournament, but that's the way it is, so all talk about who is the best is just talk. At the same time, I can't really blame SC or MC coaches for voting this way, but for the LC coach to vote for drawing baffles me. They could very well be the best in the 57th and play possibly Magoffin in the first round if they voted to seed. But that's just the way it is.
1911 Wrote:who is?

Grimm is #2 and if not #1 IMO.
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:Fyffe, Grimm, and Carter are the 3 best pitchers in the region IMO. I just don't think that JC has a very good lineup at the plate or in the field.

So, you don't think Blanton is a top 3 pitcher in the region? I would hate to ever have to meet your expectations.
1911 Wrote:who is?
Here is my top 5 for the district.
Fyffe
Blanton
Michael
Grimm
Robert's
Eagleball Wrote:So, you don't think Blanton is a top 3 pitcher in the region? I would hate to ever have to meet your expectations.

I completely agree! How could you leave Blanton out? IMO top three in no order are Fyffe, Blanton and Grimm.
Paintsville.