Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mchs job
Finally reinstated by the Administrators ! Just because I had know clue how bad McCracken would be this year. BTW - My son needs a new COACH.

McCracken Football Coach Shawn Jackson Resigns
By Eric Chumbler
MCCRACKEN COUNTY, KY - McCracken County head football coach Shawn Jackson has resigned from his position to become an offensive coordinator at a high school in Georgia.
Details on the position can not be released until later tonight, but Jackson said the position was one that "I could never turn down."
Jackson was 17-7 in his two seasons at McCracken County. He led the Mustangs to the KHSAA Class 6A Regional Championship game in 2015 before falling to Central Hardin, 10-7.
"I'm excited because I never thought I would get the opportunity I'm getting now, but on the other end of it, I'm very sad," Jackson said. "I'm getting to be the offensive coordinator for my lifelong mentor at a powerhouse school in Georgia, but I truly loved my players here."
Jackson also praised the leadership at McCracken County and the head football coaching position at McCracken.

"You're not going to coach better kids than we have here at McCracken County," Jackson said. "Not only that, you can't beat the support that (principal) Michael Ceglinski and (athletic director) Kris Garrett give you. It's one of the best jobs in Kentucky with two of the best leaders in Kentucky."
More details on Jackson's position will be released later.
6A is a tough class out in the state with no close teams to play to get better except Mayfield. Tilghman and Graves County from time to time. Hopefully they can find a coach that can get things going again.
You can win a lot of games at McCracken County but you ain't going to win a Championship
Every Dog has his Day.
blue55 Wrote:Every Dog has his Day.

Recent History suggests otherwise...

Over the past 25 years only twice has the big school championship not went to one of the Big 3.

Scott County and Nelson County are the lone exceptions.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You can win a lot of games at McCracken County but you ain't going to win a Championship

...and, only going to have a shot to win a region championship once every 3 years at the very best. 6A D1 rotates w/ D2 (Central Hardin, Meade, North Hardin), D3 (Male, X, Manual, PRP, Butler) and D4 (T, Ballard, Eastern, etc).

On paper logic says their best shot to win a region is w/ D1, but they are 0-2 vs Central Hardin and 0-2 vs two Louisville 4 seeds. They've got three playoff wins in the four years of the program, one of which was vs a winless team (Boone County), and two others vs teams w/ losing records. 2-2 vs PT, 2-2 vs Mayfield.

Facilities, town and support make it an attractive job...but, its ceiling is no different than 80% of the other jobs across the state...2nd round at best.

I could be VERY wrong here, but I have a feeling that the caliber of coach they think they can snag and the coach they will actually get are two very different things.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, either. Jackson did well there and had a far less than impressive head coaching record when he was in TN before going to GA as an offensive coordinator.

I think it would also be foolish to think that he didn't look back at the last couple years and realize the hardships that are faced in 6A despite having a couple very solid squads. He had some players the last couple years, too and it was a struggle...had arguably the best QB in WKY this year (signing w FCS D1 Southeast Missouri), but they were no match for PRP.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:...and, only going to have a shot to win a region championship once every 3 years at the very best. 6A D1 rotates w/ D2 (Central Hardin, Meade, North Hardin), D3 (Male, X, Manual, PRP, Butler) and D4 (T, Ballard, Eastern, etc).

On paper logic says their best shot to win a region is w/ D1, but they are 0-2 vs Central Hardin and 0-2 vs two Louisville 4 seeds. They've got three playoff wins in the four years of the program, one of which was vs a winless team (Boone County), and two others vs teams w/ losing records. 2-2 vs PT, 2-2 vs Mayfield.

Facilities, town and support make it an attractive job...but, its ceiling is no different than 80% of the other jobs across the state...2nd round at best.

I could be VERY wrong here, but I have a feeling that the caliber of coach they think they can snag and the coach they will actually get are two very different things.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, either. Jackson did well there and had a far less than impressive head coaching record when he was in TN before going to GA as an offensive coordinator.

I think it would also be foolish to think that he didn't look back at the last couple years and realize the hardships that are faced in 6A despite having a couple very solid squads. He had some players the last couple years, too and it was a struggle...had arguably the best QB in WKY this year (signing w FCS D1 Southeast Missouri), but they were no match for PRP.

This is spot on.
No doubt a great coach and staff is needed to win at the level needed for a championship. Every once in a while a group of players can come along that are just better than normal. A new coach is hampered by the number of quality coaches are at his disposal as they often come from the ranks at the school.
From what I heard, I think the expected talent level for next year would also have something to do with it. I was told by one of the coaches after, Mayfield beat them last season, that we would kill them this coming year. They said the talent level will drop tremendously. So, if you are having troubles with talented teams, you got to be fearful when losing the talent.
Since we have no chance to beat the Cardinals ever again, we will have to adjust our schedule to secure wins against some weaker teams.
"caliber of coach they think they can snag and the coach they will actually get are two very different things."

Are facilities are only exceed by the Louisville privates. In the last two years we've gotten more football kids money for college than everyone else in the first region combined. Yes, we won't push Trinity, St. X any time soon on the field. But the caliber of hire will be far better than anyone could get west of Bowling Green. Wait and see............
Jackson Purchase Wrote:"caliber of coach they think they can snag and the coach they will actually get are two very different things."

Are facilities are only exceed by the Louisville privates. In the last two years we've gotten more football kids money for college than everyone else in the first region combined. Yes, we won't push Trinity, St. X any time soon on the field. But the caliber of hire will be far better than anyone could get west of Bowling Green. Wait and see............

I hope you do, I mean that.

But unless they have already retired from another state where they've won state titles (or even this state); I just don't see any big time head coaches here leaving the place(s) where they have a chance to go far wanting to leave to go battle the likes of T, X, Male, Manual, PRP, Ballard, Eastern, Butler in the 1st and/or 2nd rounds two out of every three years.

Most people don't realize this, but UK had some of (if not) the best football facilities in the SEC during the 90's and even early 2000's until others started catching up.

The entire Nutter complex from the indoor turf practice field to their weight room (that was just for football) were all the best of the best not only in the SEC, but the entire country and now (with renovations) they are again.