Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN: The video division of TheNational Enquirer.
What once was the innovator of 24/7 news coverage, "America's News Source" , has now sadly sunk to the ultimate low. They lost credibility when they became the cheerleader for the Obama/Clinton circus but now due to ratings failure have changed their approach to being nothing more than shock "journalists" revolutionizing this new phenomenon known as "fake news".

RIP, CNN....
Bob Seger Wrote:What once was the innovator of 24/7 news coverage, "America's News Source" , has now sadly sunk to the ultimate low. They lost credibility when they became the cheerleader for the Obama/Clinton circus but now due to ratings failure have changed their approach to being nothing more than shock "journalists" revolutionizing this new phenomenon known as "fake news".

RIP, CNN....

Loved it when Trump slapped em today.
Does Fox news lose credibility by being the cheerleader for all things privatized and the mouthpiece for all things GOP?

What is the test of truth to a partisan?
^^Flushed it without even opening it, I had enough monkey puke for a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^^Flushed it without even opening it, I had enough monkey puke for a while.

That's a shame. But predictable. Oh well, it joined the straw you regularly empty here.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Does Fox news lose credibility by being the cheerleader for all things privatized and the mouthpiece for all things GOP?

What is the test of truth to a partisan?

What does being a cheerleader have to do with putting up false news?

Oh, and to set the record straight, Trump was attacked by Fox as much as he was praised..Shepherd Smith still does it daily....
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:That's a shame. But predictable. Oh well, it joined the straw you regularly empty here.

Now that's a good one there Mr. Kettle....

Got news Geraldo, I don't think I have ever encountered anyone as predictable as what you are...You tick just like a Timex...Doesn't matter what the subject is either...Same ole same ole...Always the defender of liberal wackodom.
Bob Seger Wrote:What does being a cheerleader have to do with putting up false news?

Oh, and to set the record straight, Trump was attacked by Fox as much as he was praised..Shepherd Smith still does it daily....

Just so I am clear: your position is that Fox news is above the fray? Fair and balanced? No spin zone?

In sum, the jury is still out on whether "fake news" applies or not.
Bob Seger Wrote:Now that's a good one there Mr. Kettle....

Got news Geraldo, I don't think I have ever encountered anyone as predictable as what you are...You tick just like a Timex...Doesn't matter what the subject is either...Same ole same ole...Always the defender of liberal wackodom.

Fake news, Roberto, you report fake news.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Fake news, Roberto, you report fake news.

Never!!
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Just so I am clear: your position is that Fox news is above the fray? Fair and balanced? No spin zone?

In sum, the jury is still out on whether "fake news" applies or not.

Only to you.
Bob Seger Wrote:Only to you.

Are you serious? Well, no use hashing before the 'taters are peeled. We shall see.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Are you serious? Well, no use hashing before the 'taters are peeled. We shall see.

Now they are saying oops, it was another Michael Cohen....But then, only a devout Huffpost follower, (like yourself) would swallow stupid stuff like this hook, line, and sinker and not see what the intent was...

Bravo CNN, you have at least one big time guppy in Geraldo.
Bob Seger Wrote:What once was the innovator of 24/7 news coverage, "America's News Source" , has now sadly sunk to the ultimate low. They lost credibility when they became the cheerleader for the Obama/Clinton circus but now due to ratings failure have changed their approach to being nothing more than shock "journalists" revolutionizing this new phenomenon known as "fake news".

RIP, CNN....

Just when I think Neil Cavuto might have regained his senses he does a two hour news show today, the purpose of which IMHO, was designed to rehabilitate the image of CNN. Cavuto and Trump foe Charlie Gasparino, took turns windmilling on the President Elect, giving time for the other to gather his thoughts for the next leg of the verbal fusillade. Gasparino spent the entire past year gouging on the person of Trump while simultaneously feigning friendship. A pretense which he today decided publicly to abandon, and one I thought to be long overdue. Meanwhile Cavuto plays the good-cop in entertaining the occasional Trump defender without any noticeable degree of agreement. Additionally Cavuto managed to run sound bites and video that showed Obama in like CNN fashion trashing FNC; But was able to do so making the thrust of the edits to demonstrate not media dishonesty, but how put-upon the good folks there at FOX felt. As if the greater story was the hurt feelings at FOX, not that government should not dare to hold the press accountable, and that the two news organizations now wear some kind of convoluted mantel of mutually unjust treatment. Sidestepping completely or nearly completely, the true charge of the 4th estate, which is honest and accurate news coverage in the face of whatever might come their way as the result.

There is no reason at this point to think there exists the first shred of credibility in support of the extremely dubious report in question. A report BTW, that was produced by an entity outside the US, and which could have been financed by a super pac in opposition to Trump.

The danger in all of this should be clear. If certain nefarious and shadowy malcontents had enough money, they could cause anything from constitutional crisis to bringing down a political opponent with a lie. As long as it was broken from a credible source such as was the 'report' in question, it could cause a lot of grief for all. But past that is the underlying cause which is of course, the personal integrity of the news professionals involved. Right now it's a rock fight between the two parties and for the moment, it would seem that it is the Republicans who are deemed to be at least 'trying,' to adhere to traditional American ideals. Thus the American public invested their votes. I warned that this period of transition would be like the wild wild west, as I did the level of opposition that the incoming Republican Administration would face. We'd all better be praying things settle down. If Republicans ever had a chin it had to be prior to JFK, which means they've been crawfishing since Eisenhower.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Now they are saying oops, it was another Michael Cohen....But then, only a devout Huffpost follower, (like yourself) would swallow stupid stuff like this hook, line, and sinker and not see what the intent was...

Bravo CNN, you have at least one big time guppy in Geraldo.

Ay, an alt right sycophant on the lecture about guppyhood. What a rube!
"The American public vested their votes."

Is the "American public" monolithic? Universally enamored of the Tweeting Don?

PE Trump won the electoral college. He lost the popular vote. In that mosaic, let those who operate on the plane of the realistic think on the transition and upcoming peaceful transfer of power.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"The American public vested their votes."

Is the "American public" monolithic? Universally enamored of the Tweeting Don?

PE Trump won the electoral college. He lost the popular vote. In that mosaic, let those who operate on the plane of the realistic think on the transition and upcoming peaceful transfer of power.

You sure this would not be a good opportunity for you to use indentured servitude in a sentence again? And in the spirit of your continual misapplication of logic AND the king's English. Who pray tell, from among those involved in Bob's post were you calling a sycophant? Michael Cohen, the Huffington Post, ("yourself"), or Bob Seger? Not that the irresistible pull of low pressure would not be in any way attributable to ("yourself"), but who was Bob supposedly kissing up to in order to gain favor in his post? I must have missed that part.

You might want to look some of this stuff up when the urge to use big words hits you before you try to use them in a sentence, especially when trying to insult somebody with much more on the ball than yourself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You sure this would not be a good opportunity for you to use indentured servitude in a sentence again? And in the spirit of your continual misapplication of logic AND the king's English. Who pray tell, from among those involved in Bob's post were you calling a sycophant? Michael Cohen, the Huffington Post, ("yourself"), or Bob Seger? Not that the irresistible pull of low pressure would not be in any way attributable to ("yourself"), but who was Bob supposedly kissing up to in order to gain favor in his post? I must have missed that part.

You might want to look some of this stuff up when the urge to use big words hits you before you try to use them in a sentence, especially when trying to insult somebody with much more on the ball than yourself.

Perhaps you would seek to loose someone else? What a rube!
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Perhaps you would seek to loose someone else? What a rube!

Too painful to venture a defense huh? ^^ But you really hurt me with this one. Anyone can plainly see how outmatched I am compared to your greatness.

Your critique was as always, founded on the thinnest of stretches. A typo versus your state of confusion is acceptable collateral damage in my book.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Too painful to venture a defense huh? ^^ But you really hurt me with this one. Anyone can plainly see how outmatched I am compared to your greatness.

Your critique was as always, founded on the thinnest of stretches. A typo versus your state of confusion is acceptable collateral damage in my book.

Ah, what a world you have created to live in within the confines between those ears.
And, yes, TRT, "sycophant," as the Scripture says gathering a bunch of likeminded folks together to parrot each other and pat each other on the back: alt right sycophants.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:And, yes, TRT, "sycophant," as the Scripture says gathering a bunch of likeminded folks together to parrot each other and pat each other on the back: alt right sycophants.

You still need some help with how to use the word sycophant. They don't typically parrot each other I can tell you that. Though they do knock themselves out kissing up, but only if the subject of their attention is aware of their efforts. Otherwise how could the sycophant gain anything? Tell you what, try using catachrestic in a sentence, you might have more luck with that.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret. Tendencies to wax sycophantic not withstanding, compromise is the hallmark of liberalism and the stock-in-trade of the guileful, not the altruist. Certainly salvation is not hadable under the inclusive rationale of the liberal, nor does it allow for the thinnest hint of compromise. There is but one way to be saved and that is in strict compliance with the extremely ridged dogma of the Gospel. No do overs, no special circumstances, no earthly wisdom, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

I am therefore charged by The Lord Himself, to seek out a bunch of thusly likeminded folks with which to worship, and so much the more so as I see the day approaching.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You still need some help with how to use the word sycophant. They don't typically parrot each other I can tell you that. Though they do knock themselves out kissing up, but only if the subject of their attention is aware of their efforts. Otherwise how could the sycophant gain anything? Tell you what, try using catachrestic in a sentence, you might have more luck with that.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret. Tendencies to wax sycophantic not withstanding, compromise is the hallmark of liberalism and the stock-in-trade of the guileful, not the altruist. Certainly salvation is not hadable under the inclusive rationale of the liberal, nor does it allow for the thinnest hint of compromise. There is but one way to be saved and that is in strict compliance with the extremely ridged dogma of the Gospel. No do overs, no special circumstances, no earthly wisdom, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

I am therefore charged by The Lord Himself, to seek out a bunch of thusly likeminded folks with which to worship, and so much the more so as I see the day approaching.

I think "sycophant" applies in the world of flattery amongst alt right folks. And what is to be gained? Why the admiration and support of other alt righters, be they Fox contributors, or radio hosts, etc. gaining ratings and advertisers.

The civil government is not the church, and the church is not the civil government. However, the civil government does provide the church the freedom to govern itself with rigid dogma, and others to govern themselves with whatever dogmas they so choose, within reason and respect of the rights of others. This you label as support of the homosexual agenda. In actuality, it is in support of freedom of conscience. But, we've been down this road before.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think "sycophant" applies in the world of flattery amongst alt right folks. And what is to be gained? Why the admiration and support of other alt righters, be they Fox contributors, or radio hosts, etc. gaining ratings and advertisers.

The civil government is not the church, and the church is not the civil government. However, the civil government does provide the church the freedom to govern itself with rigid dogma, and others to govern themselves with whatever dogmas they so choose, within reason and respect of the rights of others. This you label as support of the homosexual agenda. In actuality, it is in support of freedom of conscience. But, we've been down this road before.

LOL, I doubt whether what "you think" can be found in any definition, and it all went downhill from there. But Bob isn't a FOX Contributor, nor I suspect, does he have any association with their radio hosts, ratings or advertisers. Therefore the blather above applies to the world of bull, which doesn't mitigate your misuse of the word sycophant.

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:And, yes, TRT, "sycophant," as the Scripture says gathering a bunch of likeminded folks together to parrot each other and pat each other on the back: alt right sycophants.

To make matters worse, you threw a loose reference to Scripture out there (the bolded) in defense of your mistake. And then acting like I had no reason to bust you for going into Scripture, you made a synoptic veer back behind your lectern of liberalism in another smoke screen about civil government and the Church. :lame:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, I doubt whether what "you think" can be found in any definition, and it all went downhill from there. But Bob isn't a FOX Contributor, nor I suspect, does he have any association with their radio hosts, ratings or advertisers. Therefore the blather above applies to the world of bull, which doesn't mitigate your misuse of the word sycophant.

To make matters worse, you threw a loose reference to Scripture out there (the bolded) in defense of your mistake. And then acting like I had no reason to bust you for going into Scripture, you made a synoptic veer back behind your lectern of liberalism in another smoke screen about civil government and the Church. :lame:

The word applies, unless you are maintaining that the level of schmoozing the alt righters do on this site, fawning all over each other, isn't applicable. "Warm showers" and all.

The difference between civil and church government isn't a smoke screen, nor is the Constitution's equal protection clause.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The word applies, unless you are maintaining that the level of schmoozing the alt righters do on this site, fawning all over each other, isn't applicable. "Warm showers" and all.

The difference between civil and church government isn't a smoke screen, nor is the Constitution's equal protection clause.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why nobody backs you up on here might be because nobody agrees with you? If you have such contempt for the site why are you constantly on it? But you just cannot tear yourself away, seriously, who were you before Sombrero?

Oh the difference is real enough, it's just that one cannot use said difference to justify the homosexual lifestyle. The Constitution does not guarantee depravity as a right, nor does it offer special protections for those so inclined, nor does it deny them the same protections everybody else gets. After the repeal of DADT the gay community started receiving special legislative carve outs and taxpayer funded gifts. Uncle Sam rewards them for their unnatural behavior, I don't get it.

In like manner to the Constitution, the Church does not condone the homosexual lifestyle. In fact, God's Word clearly condemns those who practice that lifestyle to suffer throughout eternity. It's only common sense to think that government would not condone that which is so destructive. I mean, we are forced by law to wear seatbelts for our own good, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You sure this would not be a good opportunity for you to use indentured servitude in a sentence again? And in the spirit of your continual misapplication of logic AND the king's English. Who pray tell, from among those involved in Bob's post were you calling a sycophant? Michael Cohen, the Huffington Post, ("yourself"), or Bob Seger? Not that the irresistible pull of low pressure would not be in any way attributable to ("yourself"), but who was Bob supposedly kissing up to in order to gain favor in his post? I must have missed that part.

lol....That's alright TRT, our good friend, while attempting to display his infinite wisdom and indisputable insight (jam packed with those fine and dandy fancy words and phrasing), was apparently not smart enough to detect that he was the victim of a designed thread who's sole intention was to display his always PREDICTABLE response, accompanied by a defense supported with a blatant liberal slant. Subject matter, right or wrong, irrelevant.....As always, fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

I seriously doubt, that even after it's been brought to his attention, that he'll figure out that he's been pimped...Waaaaay over this cat's obvious "superior" cerebral head.
Confusednicker:
Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....That's alright TRT, our good friend, while attempting to display his infinite wisdom and indisputable insight (jam packed with those fine and dandy fancy words and phrasing), was apparently not smart enough to detect that he was the victim of a designed thread who's sole intention was to display his always PREDICTABLE response, accompanied by a defense supported with a blatant liberal slant. Subject matter, right or wrong, irrelevant.....As always, fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

I seriously doubt, that even after it's been brought to his attention, that he'll figure out that he's been pimped...Waaaaay over this cat's obvious "superior" cerebral head.
Confusednicker:

Ah, a fake thread about fake news for the sole purpose of the much sought "gotcha" moment? Well, aren't you boys clever?

Mutual sycophantic warm shower partners?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ah, a fake thread about fake news for the sole purpose of the much sought "gotcha" moment? Well, aren't you boys clever?

Mutual sycophantic warm shower partners?

:hilarious: You called it Bob. Not only did he wade right back in, but he still after umpteen attempts, has not quite figured out how to properly use his new favorite word.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]