Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Tammy Tussey be back at Pike Central?
They have the best sports program in the school and have had the most success. Go Lady Hawks. Good to see you pull it together before it was to late.
They have had success but as far as being the best program...NO WAY ! If you have been around PC for very long you know that this program is underachieving. YES UNDERACHIEVING..Loads of talent, loads of inept coaching..These kids should have challenged for a STATE TITLE this year..16 losses....hmmm..practice twice a week and you really get better huh?? From the outside looking in , people have no idea how poorly this program has been handled.
I don't know where you got your information but they practiced 5-6 days a week. Ask anyone who played there or the coaches. Now as for you who don't know...Pike Central finished up 15-16 and played in the Regional Finals. How many other teams got this far and pulled the team together to accomplish this. They had 8 high school players. In 8 games 8 of them played, in 6 of their games on ly 7 played. The other 16 games they had only 5 high school players. That was the problem. They had Ratliff miss 3 games, Paige Lowe missed 11 games, Taylor Brown missed 6 games, Kim Coleman missed 12 games, Elizabeth Birchfield missed 10 games, Ashley Vanko missed 2 games. Don't you think you would play and beat teams if you had the whole team playing top teams in the state. YES! They need more dedicated players!!!
Fact...not to put any of the other sports programs down or other coaches but they have had the most success at Pike Central. Ask those who know what they are talking about before you get on here and say something you know nothing about. Fact is this...only one player out of the high school players went up in every area on their stats. That was Kayla Lowe. The other players maintained or went down. Wonder why...maybe they weren't giving it all they had, maybe they didn't work on their own to get better, maybe it was the attitude of the player. Ask the coaching staff and a few of the fans that attended all the games. Then you might know the real story.

You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make it drink. You have to work with what you've got.
5-6 days a week ? HA ! Not quite observer, not quite. Maybe the last week of the season. The majority of Injuries come from poor conditioning, poor conditioning comes from not practicing, not practicing comes from not coaching..there's your inside story observer. Underachieving comes from the top.
"greenfrog" Wrote:5-6 days a week ? HA ! Not quite observer, not quite. Maybe the last week of the season. The majority of Injuries come from poor conditioning, poor conditioning comes from not practicing, not practicing comes from not coaching..there's your inside story observer. Underachieving comes from the top.

Hey Loser,
I've got news for you. Shut up or grow up. When the team ran during practice the better players rarely made their time. They would always act like they were hurt or sick. They did weight training before Oct. 15 and the players wouldn't even show up. Oney 1 or 2. The coaches did more than the players when they did pre season conditioning. When the girls were pushed in practice they would quit and come back. The players need to be more dedicated and disciplined. They got spoiled last season when they pulled off those upsets. If you have further questions call the school at 606-432-5432 and ask for any of the girls coaching staff or the principal. You don't know what you are talking about. So shut up!
Quit and came back??? That's allowed??hmmm
Hey observer, to say they've had more success than any other program at PC is completely inaccurate. Look at the PC wrestling program, and the XC program.
Guys remember the rules when posting. If you don't know them then i suggest you go read them..
I would start by saying I played basketball for Tammy Tussey, but that would be a lie, I was the most dedicated bench warmer ever to come out of Pike County Central. And for someone to say Tammy Tussey isn't a great coach needs to have their head examined... she may have become more lax in the more recent years but I know from first hand experience she is one hell of a basketball coach. I think its the players... you have to want to be there or the experience isnt worth it. I remember playing or practicing with some of the greatest players to ever come out of the 15 region. But the difference between those players and todays players is that Coach Tussey isnt respected... when I played we were scared to death to miss a practice, we went to practice everyday expecting the worst. The daily dozen, and sideline special, were words we never wanted to hear... but we stuck with it and didnt give up... I RESPECT COACH TUSSEY MORE THAN ANYBODY SHE GAVE US HER HEART AND WE DID THE SAME WHETHER WE DID IT FROM THE FLOOR OR FROM FOUR SEAT DOWN WE WENT EVERYDAY AND GAVE IT OUR BEST... AND I WOULD PUKE MY GUTS OUT AND SIT THE BENCH AND GO TO PRACTICE EVERYDAY FOR THE CHANCE TO DO AGAIN... MY ONLY REQUEST IS FOR COACH TUSSEY TO LOOK BACK AT THE PAST TEAMS AND TRY TO GET BACK TO THAT... WE ALL RESPECTED YOU AND STILL DO TO THIS DAY... YOUR A GREAT COACH AND I WISH ONLY THE BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FUTURE TEAMS... AND I WILL BE WATCHING...
Yes
I hope so, shes a great coach
Srry but Tussey will be back! Yes we DO practice alot she runs our buts off. We practice for 5 till' 8 everyday. We should have a good team this year
You should be strong this year
No:watch:
Let's see the info on her resigning in the other thead....take it there :thumb: