Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCracken County Football For Sale:
Slightly Used, "New to You" 6A Football Team. Cosmetically beautiful. Kept in a very nice garage. Doesn't Run too good. Motor has little or no power. Block Condition?, not sure it has one. Tires are great, hardly used. When it's up to speed it's been able to Pass decent on familiar roads, mainly the straightaways. Really it needs a complete overall internally. Stripped down mechanically with all the motivational fluids changed. A good "bend-but-don't-break" technician with the right motivation could turn it around.

Probably never win Daytona, regardless.........Its a 4 cylinder in a 6 cylinder race.

https://mccracken.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJo...JobID=2312
Western Kentucky football might change forever if the rumor mill produces results ????????

:insane::insane:ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Joe Morris name has been thrown in the mix. Could be huge if true.
The rumor that Joe Morris is under consideration?
Morris has said he isn't going to McCracken a couple days ago but things around here are a couple days behind. This is the BGR version of Comedy Central
I can see Joe walking thru the schools hallways. Bon Jovi's "Never Say Goodbye" playing over the intercom. Little girls and tough old men, crying. You and me and my old friends, hoping it would never end. Never say goodbye. Never say goodbye-heeee-aayyyyy!
his name came up the last time.
He turned the job down!
So who is up next?
Maybe, Mike Rogers. That would make the first game of the season even more intriguing.
Not sure it will matter. OL is full of holes. Giant gaping sink holes filled with deadly gases.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Not sure it will matter. OL is full of holes. Giant gaping sink holes filled with deadly gases.

Was that a fart joke?
Jackson Purchase are you a disgruntled McCracken fan or what?
Last year JP said about MC
"We are going to make people not want to play us"

So I am not sure where he is at now
I remember that statement. It was Mayfield week. He and several others tried to descredit me for picking Mayfield. Actually told how crazy I was for such a prediction.
Why don't you quote the passage were I tried to discredit you? Eventually McCracken Football will be like McCracken Baseball. Were we've never lost a first region game, in four YEARS. It just won't happen for quite sometime, 3 years in my opinion. But Wells Purdom and his other buddy (yes - Mayfield products) who are now at UK had a much bigger impact than i ever dreamed. Give it time..........with the right coach it will happen.
blue55 Wrote:Jackson Purchase are you a disgruntled McCracken fan or what?

Guess I am. More so because of the coaching than anything. Jackson made promises he didn't keep. Promises he didn't even need to make? Why tell a 14yr old he's gonna get to challenge for second string varsity when you have no intentions of letting him do so. Promises of camps and equipment. Nothing panned out, not one conversation held true. He told everyone what he thought they wanted to here. Just all BS. He didn't need to do that. All in all, he was an OC trying to run a 6A football team. He did not provide leadership and discipline to his staff. He made the right move getting back to coordination. Maybe he'll get a second shot and succeed?

The MCHS administration got it wrong. Its easy to understand why now, at the very least. Hoping for a real coach with the next hire. Someone half as good as Geno Miller (baseball). Time will tell. But its a very scary time to have a struggling program. Football gets beaten up everyday by liberals who don't understand the game and its rewards.
Lance Gregory, Brandon Smith, Marc Clark. You heard it hear first.
You've lost your mind if you think the Stangs have a chance of dominating Mayfield in football over the course of a 4 year run. I suspect the baseball team will even get challenged this year. St Mary will be better this year due to coaching change. PT is always good. Graves returns a lot. Marshall Co is always pretty good. Mayfield only lost 1 starter from last year's regional runners up.
I don't have to go digging to quote you. You remember it. There was the statement you made about the Stangs gonna make teams not wanna play them any more. Then I said something about Mayfield going to win and the reply was to the effect of yeah, you really believe that don't you. Trying to indicate that I was just saying something that I certainly couldn't believe.
The upcoming freshman should plug alot of the holes...big strong group with alot of athletes.
Mayfield upcoming freshman are not big strong or athletic. Things are looking slim for Mayfield for the next couple of years...
Racer67 Wrote:Mayfield upcoming freshman are not big strong or athletic. Things are looking slim for Mayfield for the next couple of years...

I didn't get that impression at all when I seen Mayfield 8th grade this year.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:But its a very scary time to have a struggling program. Football gets beaten up everyday by liberals who don't understand the game and its rewards.

Very scary times, yes. These libs are the worst, picking on the greatest sport ever invented!

If one of those limp-worsted, snowflake libs ever impugns the game in my presence, I'm gonna go Ray Rice on 'em. I certainly hope the new McCracken coach is a republican . . . for the kids' sake!
mysonis55 Wrote:You've lost your mind if you think the Stangs have a chance of dominating Mayfield in football over the course of a 4 year run. I suspect the baseball team will even get challenged this year. St Mary will be better this year due to coaching change. PT is always good. Graves returns a lot. Marshall Co is always pretty good. Mayfield only lost 1 starter from last year's regional runners up.

Now my feelings are hurt. I've been discredited since I've lost my mind. You wouldn't quote a message because there's not one. The trauma of your child's senior class being the only Non-state champion in forever has clouded your judgement. MCHS for a 5th straight regional championship.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I didn't get that impression at all when I seen Mayfield 8th grade this year.

That's because you were watching the seventh graders play again. Numbers were way down for the eighth grade and injuries took out a couple, so in order to field a team the many of theseventh graders played double headers.
So they played 8 qtrs in one night?
Well JP, just exactly how many state championships does your child have. I know the answer to that. I'm very proud of mine and what he and his brothers achieved. As of present, 3 state championships in football and a regional runner up in baseball.
On another note, MHS will be fine with linemen. This year better than most. Next year will be down compared to that but, still solid.
Yes I noticed the 8th grade didn't have enough to field a team without some of the 7th graders filling in. Even though low on numbers there is some good speed on the 8th squad. #5, #7, and #8 in paticular are fast. There is also a huge lineman #75. These mentioned where all 8th graders. #20 is a good 7th grade player that got lot of time with the 8th. #5 took it to the house the first time he touched the ball on offense in the Graves, Caldwell, and Tilghman games.