Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offer the Ky job to Coach Beilein
Donovan would be crazy to leave Florida....I dont care about big name guys, and I think Beilein would be a great choice at UK, IF (big if) Izzo, Donovan, and Few turned the job down..
StrikeoutKing Wrote:This is just something I heard, and it's been a few years since I've heard it, so I'm sure it has changed quite a bit. But I heard that whenever Smith leaves or is shown the door, Billy Donovan would be the next Head Basketball Coach at UK. Of course, this was before Florida developed into a powerhouse, so it may not have much validity. But I could see a guy like John Calipari, or a Mark Few coming to Lexington as well. But unless Tubby makes some changes, and makes them quick, I guess all we can do is create posts like these.
Your the man Tideshoss 32,,dont waste your breath on disco stu,,I think after what he wrote about Bobby Knight he is just trying to get you guys upset.Nobody is that stupid.Even someone with a fag handle.The administrators wont even get on me for that because they all feel the same.
cards_athlete Wrote:Travis Ford did a good job with EKU's program. He might not be exactly what you call Kentucky head coach material, but it'd be nice to see him on the sidelines helping with our boys.
Now this is a good post cards_athlete.
Personally when Tubby decides to step down as coach of the cats I'd love to see what Mark Few could do with the team...
Tenniscat that would be fun to watch pal.
Disco Stu Wrote:You people are ridiculous. Bobby Knight is like 90 years old. Why in the world would you want him. He's done nothing at Texas Tech and hasn't done anything in years before that anyways.

Yeah, 3 National Championships at Indiana(has coached the only undefeated team in College Basketball history), most career wins in College Basketball history, atleast over 100 wins already at Texas Tech, heck of a recruiter and he most importantly graduates his players. That my friend, is a great coach. And hes only 70.
Brooks did a pretty good job with the football team and I think joe pa and dirt are about the only things older than him.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Brooks did a pretty good job with the football team and I think joe pa and dirt are about the only things older than him.

LMAO! I think Joe Pa might actually be older than the dirt though! Anyway isn't Brooks quite the hero now? Remember when everyone wanted his head on a platter??????????????? My how things change
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Is your head in your *** Redneck, Bobby Knight has won i think 3 championships with Indiana and has done a great job with a Texas Tech team that hadnt done much of anything before Knight got there. He has had them in the tournament every year i believe and won 20 or more games each season he has been there. Oh and he is the winningest coach in college basketball. I think he would do a great job at UK.

If you re-read his post you would see that he was taking up for him. Check the contents of the quote he had hi-lited. I would also like "The General" in Lexington. John Pelphrey would be a serious option. A member of the "Unforgetables" and he was also the head recruiter for the basketball team when Billy D got to Florida. He has been apart of of several great college coaches programs, Eddie Sutton at Oklahoma State, played for Rick Pitino, most recently before taking the South Alabama job Head Asst. Coach/Recruiter for Donavan when he took both the Marshall and Florida positions, and he's a Kentucky boy. The way it looks right now, almost anything would be an improvement.
I already apologized to him for the remark i made. Ur right, anyone would be an improvement.
BIGBLACK Wrote:If you re-read his post you would see that he was taking up for him. Check the contents of the quote he had hi-lited. I would also like "The General" in Lexington. John Pelphrey would be a serious option. A member of the "Unforgetables" and he was also the head recruiter for the basketball team when Billy D got to Florida. He has been apart of of several great college coaches programs, Eddie Sutton at Oklahoma State, played for Rick Pitino, most recently before taking the South Alabama job Head Asst. Coach/Recruiter for Donavan when he took both the Marshall and Florida positions, and he's a Kentucky boy. The way it looks right now, almost anything would be an improvement.

I would LOVE to see the big red head be the UK coach............Wish he had a little more head coaching experience though. However if the job came open for next season why not hire him? A KY boy, an Unforgettable, smart, hard nosed......... Would LOVE to see him take the helm. Actually think it might mean something to him................
firetubbyplease! Wrote:I would LOVE to see the big red head be the UK coach............Wish he had a little more head coaching experience though. However if the job came open for next season why not hire him? A KY boy, an Unforgettable, smart, hard nosed......... Would LOVE to see him take the helm. Actually think it might mean something to him................

Very much agreed
I think Bobby Knight is one of the best but way too old to hire to jumpstart Kentucky.That is kinda joke that Ky would even consider hiring him.I dont think they would ever hire Pitino either.