Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanderbilt 64 - LSU 53
Vandy's 5th win over a ranked team this season.
Congrats Vandy.
Wow, its quite amazing how Vanderbilt is playing as of now. Congrats Dores!
Amazing what a team with a good coach can do
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Amazing what a team with a good coach can do

Yeah, considering these last two years are the 1st time he's done anything since he's been there.
How many ranked teams has UK beat this year???????????? 1???????(who is not even ranked as of now)
firetubbyplease! Wrote:How many ranked teams has UK beat this year???????????? 1???????(who is not even ranked as of now)

Season's not over yet. I just thought it was funny you're calling Kevin Stallings a good coach, when he has never done anything except for the last two seasons.
How long since UK was in the final four??????? 9 years?????????? Last championship????????????? 9 also. While I do think that Pitino WOULD NOT have taken the 98 team to the championship---things have steadily gone down hill since then. Uk goes a little less further in the NCAA tourney each year, a few more losses each year etc, etc. And each year as I listen to the radio and tv commentators comment about how its still fine it's like expectations are trying to be lowered. I know programs have up and down years (part of the game). But is UK truly an ELITE college program anymore???? Hurts my feelings to have to say NO
firetubbyplease! Wrote:How long since UK was in the final four??????? 9 years?????????? Last championship????????????? 9 also. While I do think that Pitino WOULD NOT have taken the 98 team to the championship---things have steadily gone down hill since then. Uk goes a little less further in the NCAA tourney each year, a few more losses each year etc, etc. And each year as I listen to the radio and tv commentators comment about how its still fine it's like expectations are trying to be lowered. I know programs have up and down years (part of the game). But is UK truly an ELITE college program anymore???? Hurts my feelings to have to say NO

It's unrealistic to judge a program by final fours and National Title's in today's game.

Things have not steadily gone down hill since then. Up until last season the only year things didn't go well was the 2000 season. Other than that things haven't went down hill until last year. The 1999, 2003, 2004, and 2005 seasons always go unmentioned though they were all great years.

Teams do have up and down years. Kentucky went 18 years without a title from 78' to 96'. The program has seen tougher times than this.

No programs are considered truly dominant in today's game. So much parity in today's game and George Mason proved that last year.

Let's save this topic for another day and thread, but I can see in a way where you're coming from. But I just have a different view I guess.
lOUISVILLE NEEDS TO BRING BACK DENNY CRUM :letsparty SARCASM You :Cheerlead cant judge a team now by how many final fours they have made or titles won that is for sure.
Congrats Vandy. They are the hottest team in America, and still under the radar. And to me that would be a good thing.
Wow Vandy is on a role
Vandy is a good ball team and a dangerous one come March.
is vandy ranked yet???
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Vandy is the most underrated team in the country!