Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 65, Paintsville 63
Big upset tonight in the 15th region.

Pikeville and Paintsville now 1-1 against each other, winning on the other's home court.

The 15th region tournament should be a dandy. If there are no district tournament upsets, we should see 4 evenly matched teams battling it out. One of Pikeville and Valley would be on each side of the bracket, along with one of Johnson and Paintsville.

15th region is completely up for grabs.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm still taking Paintsville. Most talent will prevail.
Good win for Pikeville.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:I'm still taking Paintsville. Most talent will prevail.

Not sure Paintsville has the most talent. SV is very talented too, although they are a VERY young team.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Not sure Paintsville has the most talent. SV is very talented too, although they are a VERY young team.

Shelby Valley is not close to the talent Paintsville has.... When a 7th grader leads your team, you are not talented.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Shelby Valley is not close to the talent Paintsville has.... When a 7th grader leads your team, you are not talented.

For one thing, they're not being led by a 7th grader. I assume you're talking about Rowe, and she is just 5th on the team in scoring. But talent is still talent, whether it's young or experienced.

If Paintsville is so much more talented than the rest of the region, then they have no business losing at home to Pikeville.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:For one thing, they're not being led by a 7th grader. I assume you're talking about Rowe, and she is just 5th on the team in scoring. But talent is still talent, whether it's young or experienced.

If Paintsville is so much more talented than the rest of the region, then they have no business losing at home to Pikeville.
Rowe is definitely the best all around player on this team and needs to play more
More Cowbell Wrote:For one thing, they're not being led by a 7th grader. I assume you're talking about Rowe, and she is just 5th on the team in scoring. But talent is still talent, whether it's young or experienced.

That's a regular season loss... They will regroup and peak at the right time. She may not be leading in scoring, but she is the best player.... Hands down. That tells me, SV is still a couple years away from being a region champion. More experience for the 7th grader.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:I'm still taking Paintsville. Most talent will prevail.
thats true but if Jc plays against Paintsville like they did against Pcc then paintsville is going home!!
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Rowe is definitely the best all around player on this team and needs to play more

Dr.Basketball Wrote:She may not be leading in scoring, but she is the best player.... Hands down. That tells me, SV is still a couple years away from being a region champion. More experience for the 7th grader.

I would say that she is easily the most talented player on the team... but maybe not the best player right now. Experience does matter.

Valley has no seniors, and they only have one sophomore (who averages just 2 ppg), but they have a strong junior class that should not be dismissed. Rowe will get her time to lead in a couple years when they are all gone, but in the meantime it is crazy to put that much pressure on a 7th grader to expect her to be the team's leader.

I will say, it is scary to think how good she will be in a few years when she adds more experience to all that talent. And I would expect that she will lead SV to a few regional titles. But Valley IS good enough to win it this year, even if they aren't the favorite.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I would say that she is easily the most talented player on the team... but maybe not the best player right now. Experience does matter.

Valley has no seniors, and they only have one sophomore (who averages just 2 ppg), but they have a strong junior class that should not be dismissed. Rowe will get her time to lead in a couple years when they are all gone, but in the meantime it is crazy to put that much pressure on a 7th grader to expect her to be the team's leader.

I will say, it is scary to think how good she will be in a few years when she adds more experience to all that talent. And I would expect that she will lead SV to a few regional titles. But Valley IS good enough to win it this year, even if they aren't the favorite.
We all know she is the most talent on the team so why hold her back, the best players should play . From what I understand the same thing cost valley a great player a few years back. Let the superstars be superstars
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:We all know she is the most talent on the team so why hold her back, the best players should play.

Who's holding her back? The coach, who just happens to be her uncle?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:From what I understand the same thing cost valley a great player a few years back. Let the superstars be superstars

Ah, I see. Is that what this has been about all along?

Look, Proffitt is absolutely tearing it up at PCC, and it appears her decision to leave SV has worked out well for her.

But as the definding 15th region champs, Valley seems to be doing ok as well. It's time for everyone to move on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Ah, I see. Is that what this has been about all along?

Look, Proffitt is absolutely tearing it up at PCC, and it appears her decision to leave SV has worked out well for her.

But as the definding 15th region champs, Valley seems to be doing ok as well. It's time for everyone to move on.

Don't really know what you are talking about but yes she is having a great season at PCC , all I'm saying is they shouldn't hold back Rowe because she's a 7th grader or because her uncle is the coach, let the girl be a great player like she is. Move on
Tough loss for Paintsville.
Everyone knows that her coach has acknowledged she is his best player on the floor. Her aunt, who is a paid assistant coach, says same thing. I'm sure her dad who is assisting as well feels the same. I know I would. I think dad is filling in for Wright(glad you are doing better Bobby).
Who is the aunt?
If the coach is her uncle,wouldn't his wife be her aunt.
Well the wife has not attended but 2 games and sat in the stands🤔
I think I have more insight than you on this one😂
2 paid assistants last year. Her and Roberts. Maybe she resigned. Ask site base
And thanks for the statement about Bobby, a great guy! Hope he is back soon!
new o Wrote:I think I have more insight than you on this one😂

I am sure you do. Source says she is a paid assistant and has been since 07 or 08. Did not elaborate but said it was agreed on by coach and principal. Don't know who are paid assistants this year,but said Wright had never accepted any pay.
More Cowbell Wrote:Not sure Paintsville has the most talent. SV is very talented too, although they are a VERY young team.

Paintsville and Pikeville are both younger than SV.
Mjolnir Wrote:Paintsville and Pikeville are both younger than SV.

I never said they were younger than anyone else, just that they were young. But since you're angling for an argument...

Valley

0 seniors
5 juniors
1 soph
5 frosh
1 8th
5 7th

Paintsville

2 seniors
4 juniors
4 soph
2 frosh
3 8th
3 7th

Pikeville

2 seniors
0 juniors
2 soph
6 frosh
5 8th
0 7th

Clearly, Valley is younger than Paintsville any way you look at it. Less seniors. Less upperclassmen. More kids that are freshman or below. Need I go on?

(As for Pikeville, you've at least got some argument there. Pikeville has more seniors, Valley more upperclassmen. Pikeville more 8th graders, Valley more 7th graders. Those two are a push.)

Plus, as was made clear by many on here, Valley's most talented player is a 7th grader, and will be there for years to come...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great road win for the Panthers! I agree with maybe an upset but not a "Big Upset" like first mentioned. SV, JC, Pikeville, and Paintsville will make region tourney fun.
Have seen the 7th grader play and don't understand why she isn't starting. Aren't you supposed to play your best? Heard today one has a broke foot, any news on this?