•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball
I now see why most people take the Times sports with a grain of salt. One would think they would be more informed.
Flicka Wrote:I now see why most people take the Times sports with a grain of salt. One would think they would be more informed.

Who's your top 10?
As of 4-14-17
1. Corbin
1B. Knox Central
2. Harlan Co.
3. Clay Co.
4. Middlesboro
5. South Laurel
6. North Laurel
7. Jackson Co.
Tonight will give us a clear cut favorite after Knox -Corbin game.
I like it better , one change South up one and Middlesboro down one. Looks good
Corbin won by one at knox
Bobcat4years Wrote:As of 4-14-17
1. Corbin
1B. Knox Central
2. Harlan Co.
3. Clay Co.
4. Middlesboro
5. South Laurel
6. North Laurel
7. Jackson Co.

Clear as mud. Middlesboro beat both. They also beat Clay County tonight 5-0 with a non-Tyler McCullough pitcher on the mound.
Credit is due, for my pole

Corbin
Knox
South
Harlan Co.
Middlesboro
Clay
North
Jackson
TruthHurts why dont you come on out to the field and watch a little baseball before you become a keyboard expert....... Send me a DM and will set together and yo can explain to me where the problem is..... Oh no you wont do that because everyone willl know who you are... Just because your boy wasnt good enough to play dnt run that mouth come on
Bobcat4years Wrote:As of 4-14-17
1. Corbin
1B. Knox Central
2. Harlan Co.
3. Clay Co.
4. Middlesboro
5. South Laurel
6. North Laurel
7. Jackson Co.
Middlesboro has beat 3 of the 4 teams in front of them in your ranking...... GO JACKETS
Trashtalker Wrote:Middlesboro has beat 3 of the 4 teams in front of them in your ranking...... GO JACKETS

I am not looking to start a pissing contest here, I aggree middlesboro is a tough game when McCullough is on mound. The Corbin game was 2-0 you'll won hands down. I will give you that you have excellent ball players in mcculough and Jacob Mike. Anyone that knows anything about the game knows that pitchers are always ahead of hitters in the early season and not to mention Corbin only has 3 kids that are used to seeing pitching at his level so the other six in there lineup wasn't used to it, with that being said they are getting better hitting thanks to seeing everyones 1. Don't count out the hounds because you pulled off a early season upset. By tournament time they will be in full stride. I do like the confidence middlesboro has developed, that confidence always creates a competitive edge. It's to early to say who beat who it's clear as mud, because honestly they are still kids and some days you just don't know how they will show up. Happy Easter and there is still a lot of ball left to be played.
I don't disagree with anything you've said. I think it's apparent that Corbin is a real contender this year.
Whitley County gets beat by Williamsburg 4-3 on Monday... I look at the Colonel roster and get very confused but also notice that there were a lot of freshman and sophomores on the field for Whitley. I just have to wonder what is going on? Not trying to water down Williamsburg's effort and Bowen had a heck of a game, but with the talent on that roster I can't help but wonder?????
baller1989 Wrote:Whitley County gets beat by Williamsburg 4-3 on Monday... I look at the Colonel roster and get very confused but also notice that there were a lot of freshman and sophomores on the field for Whitley. I just have to wonder what is going on? Not trying to water down Williamsburg's effort and Bowen had a heck of a game, but with the talent on that roster I can't help but wonder?????

Talked to someone at the game, camo was to much for Whitley. They let him find a tempo and at that point he was able to change speeds and blow fastball by them. His arm strength has gotten ten times better and he is still smooth. If he has the right match up he could be hard on some teams first round of district.
Rain rain go away let those hounds play baseball today. Also a quick note for the haters Corbin 9 south 0 last night.
baller1989 Wrote:Whitley County gets beat by Williamsburg 4-3 on Monday... I look at the Colonel roster and get very confused but also notice that there were a lot of freshman and sophomores on the field for Whitley. I just have to wonder what is going on? Not trying to water down Williamsburg's effort and Bowen had a heck of a game, but with the talent on that roster I can't help but wonder?????

How did the second game last night go?
Whitley rocked them 16-2, shows how much they fall off without there #1 on the mound. That's why I think they could cause trouble first round of district

I think its pretty simple. They make the worst hires in the region time and time again.
Kyle Adams couldn't coach his way out of a dugout. In any sport.
At one time he was an assistant basketball coach and that was a complete dumpster fire.
No surprise this was coming. More worried about filling positions with discarded coaches instead of going out and finding winners.
Eating crow after tonight! Middlesboro beat a very good Hazard team! Middlesboro maybe better then people give them credit for. Especially me good win.
Truthhurts Wrote:Eating crow after tonight! Middlesboro beat a very good Hazard team! Middlesboro maybe better then people give them credit for. Especially me good win.

I don't know much about the rest of their staff. But after watching them last night; if McCullough is pitching they have a chance. That kid can deal.
As of 4-19 13th Rankings:
1. Corbin
2. Knox Central- record is not good, but has the best talent!
3. Middlesboro- Can beat any team in region with McCullogh on mound.
4. South Laurel
5. North Laurel
6. Clay Co.
7. Jackson Co.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think its pretty simple. They make the worst hires in the region time and time again.
Kyle Adams couldn't coach his way out of a dugout. In any sport.
At one time he was an assistant basketball coach and that was a complete dumpster fire.
No surprise this was coming. More worried about filling positions with discarded coaches instead of going out and finding winners.
I've never been a fan of Adams! But with your last comment, about finding coaches, I believe we are seeing that around the tri-county area too often. Schools hiring teachers and making them fill positions for extra curricular activities... instead of looking for a coach that just so happens has his teaching cert? it would require a little more work for the administration to seek those out but yet the sport would represent the school in a more positive manner and the school would benefit more in the long run when the sport is flourishing, but Adams has done what other coaches at Whitley have done in the past with talent and squashed it away? I guess, my question is that why does administration not see what the fans see? Why does the administration think that this is ok? It's not just Whitley... It is everywhere nowadays, so I'm not just taking hits on the Colonels, but it is like everything is ok for spring sports to suck, as long as Football is doing well all is good?
I agree with your rankings Bobcat4years. I have seen almost every team in the region play except Knox and Jackson. I am a Clay fan so I will see them play tonight against Knox. Clay is underachieving so far this year. They beat Harlan Co. the other night and that's about the only quality win they have this year. It took a great pitching performance and a passed ball on a strikeout to score their only run in that game. Middlesboro pitched #11 against them and he looked really good. Everyone knows what you get with McCullough on the hill. Corbin is just a solid team. Really no weaknesses. Knox is loaded with talent. South is solid. North is dangerous. Their top 4 hitters are grown men. Harlan County's Sizemore is the real deal as well. I have not seen Jackson but they are also doing pretty good this year.
My rankings would be:
1. Corbin - with their only regional loss to Middlesboro coming early in the season and having played very consistently with wins over NL, SL, Clay Co, HC, and Knox Central.

2. Middlesboro - hit a bump in the road while in Myrtle Beach but one of the few teams with wins over Corbin and Knox Central. Also captured wins over Clay County and Hazard within the last week.
3. Knox Central - also a very talented team. Owns two wins against NL and 1 against HC. Even though talent may be top, performance has been just shy of the two above them.
4. South Laurel
5. Clay Co.
6. North Laurel
7. Harlan County
8. Jackson Co.
9. Whitley Co.
10. Williamsburg

Just my opinion.
Middlesboro must have the worst field for draining, only game in state rescheduled.
Looking at Thursday's games in region, Clay hammered Knox 10-3, South won at Corbin 7-4, North beat a very good Hazard team 5-3. What does it all mean? That this is going to be the most balanced, hard to predict regional tournament in recent memory. You can make a legit case for seven teams. Region is at North this year, although home field in baseball not that big a deal imo.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:My rankings would be:
1. Corbin - with their only regional loss to Middlesboro coming early in the season and having played very consistently with wins over NL, SL, Clay Co, HC, and Knox Central.

2. Middlesboro - hit a bump in the road while in Myrtle Beach but one of the few teams with wins over Corbin and Knox Central. Also captured wins over Clay County and Hazard within the last week.
3. Knox Central - also a very talented team. Owns two wins against NL and 1 against HC. Even though talent may be top, performance has been just shy of the two above them.
4. South Laurel
5. Clay Co.
6. North Laurel
7. Harlan County
8. Jackson Co.
9. Whitley Co.
10. Williamsburg

Just my opinion.

Not bad, but South would be number 2 , Mboro 3 , Clay 4. Cards are quietly getting their stride. As for Knox, talent is just not producing and may not at all.
Bobcat4years you may be right, you posted on another thread Mboro would cancel game till Tyler was available. I was on the field last night and it was playable. We cancel it till today when we all knew it was going to rain today and tomorrow. Tyler can't pitch them all coach.
Flicka Wrote:Middlesboro must have the worst field for draining, only game in state rescheduled.

I saw several games that showed being cancelled yesterday on KHSAA. Not many teams bother to reschedule. With this being a district game, obviously, it had to be. Concerning the drainage, the outfield has traditionally been terrible for draining. They have floated the possibility redoing the outfield several times but the school system always bucks at the last minute. After a hard rain, like one that took place yesterday from about 1-3, water can sometimes stand in fair territory down the lines. It's frustrating for sure.

I think they're going to try to go today.
FlippedOut Wrote:Bobcat4years you may be right, you posted on another thread Mboro would cancel game till Tyler was available. I was on the field last night and it was playable. We cancel it till today when we all knew it was going to rain today and tomorrow. Tyler can't pitch them all coach.

Guys, you're blowing it out of proportion. First off, not saying Middlesboro is great, but HC isn't even as good as in years past. What I mean is, Middlesboro has beaten much better HC teams with much less than Tyler McCullough. Matthew Mike pitched last year in the 9-0 victory.

Like another poster said, this game means very little in the scheme of things. Whether Middlesboro wins or loses, they will still face HC in the district finals with McCullough on the mound. This game is pretty meaningless. There is no reason for the Middlesboro staff to run from it. I do understand HC's desire not to face him though.
Van Hagar Wrote:Looking at Thursday's games in region, Clay hammered Knox 10-3, South won at Corbin 7-4, North beat a very good Hazard team 5-3. What does it all mean? That this is going to be the most balanced, hard to predict regional tournament in recent memory. You can make a legit case for seven teams. Region is at North this year, although home field in baseball not that big a deal imo.

Knox is hard to figure out. Its obvious they have some talent but they are very hit or miss.

The draw this year could be tense but like you said, so many equal teams that at this point in time, there aren't really any teams that are more scary than the others.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next